SFA back-tracking on Keatings' appeal

Basically it’s been reported on by people high up and outside Scotland like Gary Lineker and now everyone knows how much of a shambles the SFA is. Instead of having the courage of their convictions, they have concocted this story and are rewriting the rules to save face.

Petrie and Mulraney - that strikes me with fear. Two of the most Rangers’ hating bigots in Scottish football. How did we get here?

We are partially to blame here.
We have slept soundly whilst absolute sc*mb*gs have secured these high office positions.
It truly is frightening that we have ended up in this situation.

Not read the full thread so maybe it’s just me who is a bit thick but reading that statement only makes me think the SFA are even more corrupt than before they made the decision to ban the lad.

The correct decision on one incident will now be arrived at but this about turn seems to set a very dangerous precedent (which of course will only end up being to one team's advantage).

The disciplinary rule book needs ripped up at the end of the season and started again.

You couldn’t make them up.
Any organization with Rod Petrie and Michael Mulearny at the helm is bound to be corrupt and incompetent.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the appeal heard by a 3 Man Tribunal, who unanimously (ie. by 3 votes to nil) rejected his appeal?

If one member of the panel screwed up, it should make no difference, as the other 2 members rejected the appeal and 2-1 is essentially the same as 3-0, whereby either result would see the appeal being rejected. So why the need for another hearing?

Clearly making it up as they go along and have been caught out.

It's an easy get out to blame an anonymous person who probably doesn't exist. The SFA are skint and there is no way that they will pay 3 people to sit on every single decision that is appealed.

More than likely Clare Whyte, who's only previous involvement in football was possession of a Celtc FC Season Ticket, where bizarre refereeing decisions are the norm, made the decision on her own.

She probably also did it without viewing the video of the incident, which is likely to be the only element of truth in the whole shambles of a statement.

Hopefully, ICT will use the SFA's own excuse that this is an 'in extremis' case and will demand that since they have broken their own rules once, they should do so again and name the ghost panel members.

All credit to Caley for fighting this. If only Rangers could find some fighting spirit, among the directors, to take on this cabal that is ruining Scottish football.

Totally agree.

However, Caley got the backing of all other clubs and the mhedia, which backed them into a corner and they had no option but to right a wrong. We would be very much on our own and the result would be different.

Does anyone really believe there’s a 3 man panel who review incidents? They’ve been caught out and trying to cover it up.

We are partially to blame here.
We have slept soundly whilst absolute sc*mb*gs have secured these high office positions.
It truly is frightening that we have ended up in this situation.

We weren't sleeping, we were being run into the ground by Green, the Greenock mafia and that fat mess Somers. At that point our leaders were complicit.

They are grossly incompetent and far from being suitable for the job. Perhaps they should just admit a clear out is needed and a fresh start. With unbiased and with people who aren't horrifically bad at their job.

Joke of an organisation. It's very basic, look at the evidence and make a decision. They managed to screw that up by not looking at the evidence.

We weren't sleeping, we were being run into the ground by Green, the Greenock mafia and that fat mess Somers. At that point our leaders were complicit.

Agree with that, however I was referring mainly to the support and we as fans tend to prefer the civilised approach which is 99% correct, it is though sometimes necessary to organise a riot.

I haven't had much dealing with lawyers in my life - but, lawyers seem to generate work for lawyers............

The game was so much simpler before lawyers got involved..................

Certainly before this particular lawyer got involved....allegedly :)

We should be doing all we can to get Mulraney and Petrie out of their roles. Use this as a starting point. Agitate

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the appeal heard by a 3 Man Tribunal, who unanimously (ie. by 3 votes to nil) rejected his appeal?
No it's the other way around. They need to unanimously agree to overturn the card. Basically if one of them decides the ref was correct, that's it and the appeal is rejected

There must be a pack of evidence for the panel member to view. It cannot be that they go off and YouTube the incident.

So...did this guy not bother to watch all 3 or whatever 30 second clips of the incident?

Honestly I could convene a panel of 3 punters off the street who could give a more competent result. They are trying themselves in knots here when it's really not difficult.

Stop running football like a high court trial it's a really simple game.

A real set of corrupt bastards who are making it up as they go along.

So does this make every decision that panel member has ever sat on invalid and subject to reexamination given this disclosure ? How many other decisions have been convened on ‘not seeing all the evidence’.

They are simply lying and looking for an easy way out to reverse their ridiculous decisions

Last edited:
True incompetence.

The whole of the SFA/SFPL are unfit.

Blazer chasers who get a job for life and subsequently have no hunger to improve and modernise the Scottish game.

The whole system (SFA, SFPL) need ripped up and started again with people who have the desire and ideas to improve the Scottish game overall.

No it's the other way around. They need to unanimously agree to overturn the card. Basically if one of them decides the ref was correct, that's it and the appeal is rejected

That's what I said. Changing the decision of one member makes no difference.

So, they claim a panel member didn’t consider ‘ALL’ the evidence? That’s just lies. It’s not up to the panel to find their own evidence, they make their judgement based upon the evidence the SFA supplies them with. Their claim just doesn’t stack up at all.

In fairness to the player, it was never a second yellow/red card.
Didnt need to be a panel. The fact that we as rangers supporters thought it was a liberty, tells you all you need to know. Even the neighbours dog was howling at the time.

That's what I said. Changing the decision of one member makes no difference.
If the original decision was 2 in favour of overturning the yellow card and 1 who was against, the appeal fails, and he's still banned.
But of the one who originally rejected the appeal changes in favour, it becomes unanimous and the appeal would succeed.

So changing the mind of one member of the panel can make a difference

So they've basically admitted the panel isn't fit for purpose and has f*cked up on this one. Presumably they've only looked in to this one because of the massive press coverage.

What about all the other strange decisions over the last few years which they've stuck by???

So they've basically admitted the panel isn't fit for purpose and has f*cked up on this one. Presumably they've only looked in to this one because of the massive press coverage.

What about all the other strange decisions over the last few years which they've stuck by???
It's only because the entire country have been incredulous at this decision that they've decided to revisit and overturn it. Now would be a great time for us to raise the stakes with our "concerns" as to how fit for purpose the disciplinary procedure is within Scottish football.

I was listening to radio Scotland this afternoon whilst decorating my hall. Not 100% sure I heard correctly but I’m convinced I heard them say that the three on the panel were “one ex ref and two civilians”. The ex ref was the only one who thought the referee got it wrong according to them also. Anyway it got switched off fairly quick after that and I got Alexa to shuffle songs by the Ramones.

%^*& the SFA, %^*& the SFA, %^*& the SFA, %^*& the SFA, %^*& the SFA

The whole organisation should be loaded onto a ship and scuttled in the North Sea.

Everyone on that panel should be sacked. How they came to the decision to back the referee's yellow card is beyond me

I was listening to radio Scotland this afternoon whilst decorating my hall. Not 100% sure I heard correctly but I’m convinced I heard them say that the three on the panel were “one ex ref and two civilians”. The ex ref was the only one who thought the referee got it wrong according to them also. Anyway it got switched off fairly quick after that and I got Alexa to shuffle songs by the Ramones.
I bet Alexa thought the decision was a pile of shite too.

A valid point made that this surely isn't the first time this has happened. Also a 3 man panel requiring a 2-1 vote so two of the panel must have agreed with the ref. Really bizarre this. Basically shout loud enough and it will be challenged, no chance if this was one of our players would this be happening.

Wow Wow wow what a shambles.. genuinely stupid stupid people . They’ve no idea what they’re doing

Back