SFA clears clubs to resume training on June 11th - laughable

Carlton The Bear

BBC article

Scottish Premiership clubs' first-team squads will be allowed to return to training from 11 June, the Scottish FA has confirmed.

The suspension of football, which has been in place since 13 March, will be lifted next week for top-flight sides.

Other leagues wishing to resume must prove they can meet testing and other health measures.

Protocols issued to clubs this week say training must initially be non-contact and in small groups.

"Firstly, I would stress that the conditional lifting of suspension is predicated on observing the measures outlined by Scottish Government," said Scottish FA chief executive Ian Maxwell.

He reiterated clubs are planning for the Premiership season to start on 1 August.

A raft of measures will be in place when players and staff return, including temperature checks, sanitation stations and the disinfecting of equipment.

Only the first-team squads of Premiership sides are allowed to return, and the update from the Joint Response Group gave no indication of when clubs in the Championship, League One and League Two might be permitted to train again.

"I am also aware that other parts of the game will seek further clarity on when they may be able to resume," Maxwell said.

"The testing criteria required at this stage is prohibitive but as the governing body for football we are determined to restore the national game at all levels as soon as it is safe and practical to do so."

The Scottish FA are also in discussions with Scottish Women's Football about the return of the Premier League, and Glasgow City's involvement in the Women's Champions League.

I heard it first on TalkSport, they were incredulous that a season that couldn’t be finished is now restarting training NEXT WEEK.

How can all the clubs afford the testing stuff if they are so skint? And Hamilton's spray bubble in tunnel is a joke.

Restart training next week.

Could the league have played all remaining fixtures in July and then started the new season immediately in August? Probably not, particularly given the ongoing government restrictions north of the border.

Smaller clubs will have to take players off furlough if they go back training.

And they have to have the testing procedures in place.

You’ll most likely only see us and the mentally challengeds back training. Maybe Motherwell and Hibs too.

Aye, so, the league could have been played to a finish, then. Farcical.

No club could done anything until 10th June due the restrictions place on them by the Scottish Government

Hence why 11th June is now a start date for any form of training

In truth for us to try and complete the 2019/20 League season we needed be back training 2 weeks ago and build up the way is happening in other countries to start mid June game wise

No chance we could play Saturday-Wednesday-Saturday over 9 rounds of fixtures to in a short time i.e July

How many games were left 9? 2/3 games a week and we could have finished the league buy mid to late July. Few weeks off for the players then start again mid to late August with no winter break.
Exactly, the same as most leagues in Europe will be doing.

Restart training next week.

Could the league have played all remaining fixtures in July and then started the new season immediately in August? Probably not, particularly given the ongoing government restrictions north of the border.
Could have moved the winter break to Nov/Dec and played on in January as that would have given best chance to play in front of crowds beginning of 2021.

How can all the clubs afford the testing stuff if they are so skint? And Hamilton's spray bubble in tunnel is a joke.
Those spray tunnels have been in Chile for months. Hamilton are makimg out theyre ground breakers on them.
A third world country beat them to it.

Is anybody really surprised about this? The season could have been finished but those in power didn't want that.

Also is it pre season training that will be allowed? does that not usually kick off around mid June?

Those spray tunnels have been in Chile for months. Hamilton are makimg out theyre ground breakers on them.
A third world country beat them to it.
I was thinking how long will it take everyone to go through it as it is supposed be 2 minutes for each person. When they going to start spraying? :) Be good to spray the mhanks though. only deep clean the will ever have.

Has that letter ever been made public?

Or at least the detail in it?

Signed by Maxwell / Doncaster I believe.

How many games were left 9? 2/3 games a week and we could have finished the league buy mid to late July. Few weeks off for the players then start again mid to late August with no winter break.

I said this pre-vote & resolution on here but was in the minority.

Robertson should not have stated we were strongly opposed to BCD games. Null and void was never happening.

Will all clubs resume next week I think we are on the 15th? I can imagine a few clubs keeping their players on furlough for a few weeks longer to save money!

Didnt suit the scum's fixture calendar. SPFL/SFA priortiy is their CL qualifiers.

Back