SFA complete deal to buy Hampden

Good to get this finally settled , I personally prefer having a national stadium given the history / importance of football in Scotland

Upgrade Hampden , queens can use lesser Hampden to save wear & tear on the pitch , it’s a win win (plus means the tims don’t get their paws on more money / games as I’m sure that was what they were hoping for if sfa left Hampden

Good to get this finally settled , I personally prefer having a national stadium given the history / importance of football in Scotland

Upgrade Hampden , queens can use lesser Hampden to save wear & tear on the pitch , it’s a win win (plus means the tims don’t get their paws on more money / games as I’m sure that was what they were hoping for if sfa left Hampden
Haughey the tim has his grubby paws all over this.
Never trust a tim.

The SFA are scum. Not content with shafting their largest and most successful member, they have now shafted one of their smallest and the only amateur club in the professional leagues.

Let’s see how they handle their most poisonous.
Queen's won't be amateur much longer. Big debate going on at the club at the moment. Can see them going professional (not full time obviously).

Wonder how long before the crooks at the SFA start moaning about not having the resources to manage the upkeep of Hampden say it’s using up all their funds for grassroots football
And lo and behold it’s sold off and they try to use the Beggars ground for internationals which of coarse will at that point need upgraded to facilitate such games
I’m probably over thinking this shit but I wouldn’t put it past the c@nts

Wonder how long before the crooks at the SFA start moaning about not having the resources to manage the upkeep of Hampden say it’s using up all their funds for grassroots football
And lo and behold it’s sold off and they try to use the Beggars ground for internationals which of coarse will at that point need upgraded to facilitate such games

Was thinking the same. I'm seeing another Commonwealth Games scenario being re-enacted for refurbishment for the Piggery at the SFA's expense.

Saved me posting the same. A compliant GCC giving permission for housing and someone is going to make a lot of money and the Savilledome will be utilised for internationals and cup finals.

Precisely. You wouldn’t put it past them.

Saved me posting the same. A compliant GCC giving permission for housing and someone is going to make a lot of money and the Savilledome will be utilised for internationals and cup finals.

They're going to make %^*& all money selling the footprint of Hampden for property. There's two current developments either side at crawling pace as they can't sell them in advance.

I'd be more inclined to think the filth will be back at Hampden for a period of years whilst the piggery is rebuilt in all honesty.

It’s always the long game with that shower of East end shite.
At some point down the line, the SFA will say Hampden is counter productive and a relic of a bygone age and sell the land to developers.
Hey presto, where’s the biggest stadium left in the country to play the big games at ?

Stuff their national stadium means nothing to me.

Stuff their national stadium means nothing to me.
No it’s OUR national stadium

I’m not overly keen on the Scottish international first team of late but historically Hampden has been a huge part of the success of football / love of football in this country

(huge percentage of the population attend games here (I think highest proportion in Europe, football is culturally significant past time that should have its own distinct national stadium for cup finals / national football museum etc etc

No it’s OUR national stadium

I’m not overly keen on the Scottish international first team of late but historically Hampden has been a huge part of the success of football / love of football in this country

(huge percentage of the population attend games here (I think highest proportion in Europe, football is culturally significant past time that should have its own distinct national stadium for cup finals / national football museum etc etc
Your opinion.

Why would the Scottish national team be re-housed to a stadium which will be infamous throughout world football for child molestation? Now we have major players like the leader of the Scottish conservatives calling for an inquiry surely they will pariahs worldwide? Not before time either.

Whatever way it pans out, bet your bottom dollar the filth will benefit.

People don’t relinquish houses. Hampden is theirs.

Then let them finance the upkeep if thats the case. Just cause they owned it 50 years ago doesnt mean they should own it now. Times change, things change. They cant afford it so they have to sell it, its basic economics.

If Haughey etc. are at it, Rangers need to ensure that Ibrox is at the very least capable of being upgraded and enlarged to the point that it is the largest stadium (we all know that it’s the best). If that means offering the SFA cheap office space in the Broomloan for a handful of years, so be it. I mean, it’s not like we’d take the opportunity to bug the offices.

good friend of 'the show' ie radio clyde super scoreboard. If your wondering why its such a bigoted biased mess.
Always really annoyed me when they had the auctions for a signed strip or boots etc.
Wee Jimmy bids £200 and then the fridge magnet comes in with 6 grand and hes a hero.
He should have stuck to buying Jimmy Johnstones medals for the price of a bottle of Smirnoff the prick.

Back