SFA has opened an investigation into a number of ''inappropriate' Rangers related tweets made by St Mirren chairman John Needham

Me thinks he has been told to apologize himself,
to make it look like he really is sorry.
Then the S.F.A can sweep the rest under the big secret carpet,
and give him a green application paper for the next board job,,,

I guess I'm in the minority here.

The dude shouldn't have twatted it (because he sounds like a 14 year old ned) but he should have the right to offend anyone he likes. Let's face it, most of us have called every other team and support plenty as well.

If he apologises - fine. If not, I don't really care. I wouldn't know him from Adam. But if he dishes it out, he doesn't get to complain about getting it back.

And for me that should be the end of it.

Scrambling around in the gutter pointing fingers and shouting "He said a bad word" with the likes of Humza Useless, Michael Stewart and Neil Lennon isn't really for me. I wouldn't want to be a genuine victim of actual wrongdoing and I certainly don't want to pretend to be one, especially over something so trivial.

I'm fine calling out the hypocrisy of those who hold Rangers to a different standard, for instance Graham Speirs who once lied that Rangers directors did similar but won't mention this when it actually happens, but this little cesspit of a country is still meant to have the right of free speech.

It should be fine to criticise or indeed insult without reproach another person's choices - including their rank hypocrisy, football team, political affiliation, religious leaning, and whether they want to %^*& children. As long as it doesn't go to the point where it is stirring up hatred against a group (like the SNP are wont to do) then this is hardly worth the electrons I'm spending on it.

The only things which should be legislated against are insults based on those things that a person has no control over - his/her race, gender, disabilities etc.

Everything else - if you don't like it, tell the person who offended you to "%^*& off"
Ask yourself this. Would any of our directors be given the opportunity to apologise and move on for referring to Celtic supporters as f*nians ?

You know the answer to that.

I can read it fine, thanks.

And if I don't mind Rangers fans disagreeing with me, why would I care about this nonentity saying something that I'd have shrugged off in primary school. I get the whole "We need to play the game" argument, and I agree that "Dignified Silence" doesn't cut it.

If he insulted me better and I was irate enough I'd say something nasty back on Twitter - a proportionate response. But someone shouldn't be facing legal consequences or losing their job for "offending" someone.

The criticism should be aimed at the people who make up the rules and then don't apply them - not someone who is just acting like every football fan has since time immemorial. Criticise the media for hypocrisy, NBM for being bigots, and most especially the Government for using manufactured offense about sectarian squirrels as a way to divide the population, curtail freedom of speech and to hide the real problems they are incapable of fixing. These are the fuckwits I get annoyed by.
So let's get this straight Chris? Freedom of speech is what you want? So anyone who wants to call Glen Kamara or Alfie a n***** or a monkey should be able to do so?

If not, exactly where do you draw the line?

So let's get this straight Chris? Freedom of speech is what you want? So anyone who wants to call Glen Kamara or Alfie a n***** or a monkey should be able to do so?

Most people acknowledge that directing racist abuse at someone is outside the boundaries of freedom of speech. However we will pretty quickly see our freedom of speech diminish and finally disappear when the offended minority can decide what we can and cannot say.

Ask yourself this. Would any of our directors be given the opportunity to apologise and move on for referring to Celtic supporters as f*nians ?

You know the answer to that.
I do and that's one reason why we should change the narrative.

I disagreed with the impact it had on the H&H guys. I'm not hypocritical enough now to think two wrongs make a right

Noone should be losing their job and whatnot over stupid tweets just because someone is offended. Of course there are asteriks here (where type of offence (racism, etc), time period, age, and actions since)

But this is a fight they started it's surely only fair we fight back? We didn't pick the fight or the rules - we simply joined the game and played back. And in relation to the tweets in question - the worst of them was only last year after a multi year history of sectarian and abuse aimed at our fans.

I'm all for the banter and abuse. It's part of the rivalry and with limits, it should be allowed. But this is a one sided targetted approach and we can't sit back and let them get free hits.

If you read my first post I said exactly where I'd draw the line. You should be able to criticise anyone's beliefs and opinions. I explicitly mentioned that for example the colour of someone's skin and disabilities are not opinions.

How many SPFL/SFA people does he know that he would be friends with on Twatter or however it works and you're telling me that not one of them ever noticed any of his tweets before regarding Rangers,I for one find that very hard to believe unless THEY ALL KNEW!!
Now where have I heard that before

I do and that's one reason why we should change the narrative.

I disagreed with the impact it had on the H&H guys. I'm not hypocritical enough now to think two wrongs make a right
Our enemies play dirty. They don't care about morals and values. They couldn't care less and you can't ever seriously expect them to respect that stance, as noble as it may be.

If we play their game really well, the best that happens is that everyone loses.

The organ grinders are clever enough not to post their hatred on Social Media. The SNP and others who genuinely hate British society won't mind someone like Needham getting fucked. As long as they have the excuse to keep stoking hatred and division they're happy.

I'd rather take them to task for their inability to handle free speech, and their absolute need to manufacture hatred as a way of staying in power.

We'd give them a much bigger problem if we very publicly and magnanimously accepted Needham's apology - maybe offer him some rehabilitation via RCF if we want to turn the knife for fun.
And the worst that can happen? I would suggest that then it is just us who loses.
I don't see a situation where we all win, unless the whole mindset is changed, as you suggest, within Government, but this has been going on for far longer than the Snatzis have been in power. Labour were just as bad and the Tories don't care.

I would love to be able to take them to task re free speech etc but to do that needs public support. How do we get that when the Scottish Government, the Scottish police, SMSM "Anti sectarian" charities, et al make us all out to be sectarian bigots and racists.

I genuinely think your scenario would be great and I would love it if we could have that.
Unfortunately I don't see how that can happen without a fightback first.

If we show them all up for the one sided way they deal with us, and give them a few casualties in the process, then we can maybe get to the situation you outline. But i think that the hatred from them, combined with them being in very influential postions across society in Scotland, makes it very unlikely.

It’s not as if it was an isolated incident, as Needham made out. This was calculated. These were regular attacks on our fanbase as a whole, they weren’t one-off comments.

They fully represent his views on Rangers Football Club and our fanbase, because they were regular insults aimed at us. If he said it once, maybe you could class it as isolated, but it’s was many times on different days so this could be totally classed as a regular occurrence.

Let’s call a spade a spade and not a shovel. It’s sectarian, and it’s hateful bigotry. Let’s not pussy-foot around. The SFA and St. Mirren have a lot to think about here and this will fully determine if they want to REALLY eradicate sectarianism or if they just want to reserve the real punishments for Rangers.

Let’s see if they have the balls to deal with this properly, because if they don’t then we would all be as well chucking it, and the SFA would be as well just coming out and saying they hate Rangers and enjoy the hatred that comes from other people that’s aimed at us.
Agreed. The problem we have here is that probably a vast majority of those in power at sfa and spfl are like minded and in agreement with this clown. How many other chairman etc have made similar comments and erased them from social media accounts. There will definitely be a lot who have made similar comments in private. This should be a case of sectarian bigotry hatred investigated by our non partial police department. I wait for them to emerge from their cctv watching and take action. I don't expect it but you never know.

Agreed. The problem we have here is that probably a vast majority of those in power at sfa and spfl are like minded and in agreement with this clown. How many other chairman etc have made similar comments and erased them from social media accounts. There will definitely be a lot who have made similar comments in private. This should be a case of sectarian bigotry hatred investigated by our non partial police department. I wait for them to emerge from their cctv watching and take action. I don't expect it but you never know.
Non-impartial. (they've never got their Whole act together :)))

Last edited:
We know that,we never started the battle our haters did time to fight back and win the war
How exactly do we "Win the war" by playing to someone else's rules?

The very best result is we reduce the whole country to am unquestioning, dissent free wasteland where no-one can tell a non-pc joke (and do you know any funny pc jokes?), no-one can criticise anyone's beliefs (at which point you can be sure the SNP will include political parties or separatism in there amongst the sacred cows) and you can lose your career and freedom for something you said years before the new world order came in.

Some victory. Whoop di do.

If victory is important then I'd say the only way to win is to change the game. Show up the cretins by being the bigger man - which is not dignified silence. Forgive them loudly and publicly. That turns perception around and shines a light on them and why they would rather push hatred and intolerance:)

The dude shouldn't have twatted it (because he sounds like a 14 year old ned) but he should have the right to offend anyone he likes. Let's face it, most of us have called every other team and support plenty as well.

If he apologises - fine. If not, I don't really care. I wouldn't know him from Adam. But if he dishes it out, he doesn't get to complain about getting it back.

Scrambling around in the gutter pointing fingers and shouting "He said a bad word" with the likes of Humza Useless, Michael Stewart and Neil Lennon isn't really for me. I wouldn't want to be a genuine victim of actual wrongdoing and I certainly don't want to pretend to be one, especially over something so trivial.

I'm fine calling out the hypocrisy of those who hold Rangers to a different standard, for instance Graham Speirs who once lied that Rangers directors did similar but won't mention this when it actually happens, but this little cesspit of a country is still meant to have the right of free speech.

It should be fine to criticise or indeed insult without reproach another person's choices - including their rank hypocrisy, football team, political affiliation, religious leaning, and whether they want to %^*& children. As long as it doesn't go to the point where it is stirring up hatred against a group (like the SNP are wont to do) then this is hardly worth the electrons I'm spending on it.

The only things which should be legislated against are insults based on those things that a person has no control over - his/her race, gender, disabilities etc.

Everything else - if you don't like it, tell the person who offended you to "%^*& off"
obviously you're totally entitled to your opinion, but I seriously hope
there's not a lot/no longer a sufficient number of bears with the same
viewpoint..... we gave them latitude, we said they were irrelevant, not
worthy of a reply and IMO that's why we're in this position nowI

(but I acknowledge that a pinch of Natsi-ism was to blame too)

And if I don't mind Rangers fans disagreeing with me, why would I care about this nonentity saying something that I'd have shrugged off in primary school. I get the whole "We need to play the game" argument, and I agree that "Dignified Silence" doesn't cut it.

If he insulted me better and I was irate enough I'd say something nasty back on Twitter - a proportionate response. But someone shouldn't be facing legal consequences or losing their job for "offending" someone.

The criticism should be aimed at the people who make up the rules and then don't apply them - not someone who is just acting like every football fan has since time immemorial. Criticise the media for hypocrisy, NBM for being bigots, and most especially the Government for using manufactured offense about sectarian squirrels as a way to divide the population, curtail freedom of speech and to hide the real problems they are incapable of fixing. These are the fuckwits I get annoyed by.
Chris, I agree with your last paragraph in the main.
Regarding your last sentence, what have you done about it?
Who have you complained to?
Who have you asked to deal with your issues?
What are YOU doing to try to get change?

I agree with what appears to be your main sentiments, that it is a sad, pathetic state of affairs that we have come to "tit for tat" reporting of what are really very minor insults, made by people of no consequence.

Your points seem to be that it is the Government who are causing this or who certainly have influence. What do you suggest you, me or we do about it?

I would also point out that "saying something nasty back on twitter" is far more likely to get you in bother than the person you are responding to. Such is the state of play in Sturgeonist Scotland.

The very best result is we reduce the whole country to am unquestioning, dissent free wasteland where no-one can tell a non-pc joke (and do you know any funny pc jokes?), no-one can criticise anyone's beliefs (at which point you can be sure the SNP will include political parties or separatism in there amongst the sacred cows) and you can lose your career and freedom for something you said years before the new world order came in.

If victory is important then I'd say the only way to win is to change the game. Show up the cretins by being the bigger man - which is not dignified silence. Forgive them loudly and publicly. That turns perception around and shines a light on them and why they would rather push hatred and intolerance:)

I'm from an era where we sang our sangs at games, they did theirs, then everyone went home. It was Celtc who piggy-backed the identity-politics bandwagon, even to the extent of telling their fans to " tick the Irish box " on Government census forms, when everyone knows that they are about as Irish as lederhosen. They've brought us to where we are.

Much of this whole thing is propaganda. A PR war that we've been losing for two decades or more. What we need to do is show them up for what they are. Expose them and let them know that they're in a fight, and they can't have it all their own way. Exactly what H&H did. Maybe only then will the faux outraged ones living in glass houses keep the stones to themselves.

Any word from NBM yet ?

If not why not ?

Their silence only further highlights the agenda they work to ….

This would be 6 o’clock headlines if he’d have said this about Celtic fans , the Scottish parliament would be involved along with a tirade from the usual vocal mouthpieces with a platform to air it

Edit
I’ve just seen their comments on it and

Scotland still stinks ….

A bigoted sham of an organisation

Last edited:

I think Chris, you are looking for a one-dimensional / silver bullet solution
and I don't think that will ever come about..... it's a war of attrition to get
back to an even playing field.

Most people acknowledge that directing racist abuse at someone is outside the boundaries of freedom of speech. However we will pretty quickly see our freedom of speech diminish and finally disappear when the offended minority can decide what we can and cannot say.

Agree but it has already happ
This. There is an 'offended minority' trying to decide what we can and cannot say

I'm not usually the type that would demand the club to make statements regarding the sectarianism industry in Scotland but I feel that the club do need to do one now.

Why? Because just last week the club was under attack from the usual cabal (including NBM) trying to make an issue out of a strip launch. Now that a SPFL Premiership Chairman (not a fan or even a fans group leader) has been caught giving out actual hatred on social media the response from NBM is actually gob smacking.

To suggest donating money to Rangers charity just to make it go away is utterly shocking even for the typical low standard of the issue. They are actually saying something along the lines of "Donate money to the charity swear jar and everything will be ok". The actual callousness of that is disgraceful and needs calling out.

Any word from NBM yet ?

If not why not ?

This would be 6 o’clock headlines if he’d have said this about Celtic fans , the Scottish parliament would be involved along with a tirade from the usual vocal mouthpieces with a platform to air it

Scotland stinks ….

Imagine a club Chairman or Director wanting Celtc fans to be drowned after a bridge collapse. ? Top story on both BBC Scotland and STV News tonight.

No, it’s not, but I can see where @Chris the Bandito is coming from. An ever decreasing circle of finger pointing and offence is becoming ridiculous
It is ridiculous but most people with any sense could see that's what was going to happen. A ridiculous system has been put in place and we now need to use it to ensure a level playing field, or escalate until it crashes. The people who eventually replace the numpties in power may then decide people have a right to say things which others may find offensive, as long as it doesn't stray into areas where people have no control such as their race.

Much of this whole thing is propaganda. A PR war that we've been losing for two decades or more. What we need to do is show them up for what they are. Expose them and let them know that they're in a fight, and they can't have it all their own way. Exactly what H&H did. Maybe only then will the faux outraged ones living in glass houses keep the stones to themselves.
The 2 guys at H&H got publicly humiliated in the papers. They had to stop a hobby they presumably loved, and they may have had other consequences to face in their careers.

Whilst that is one instance where I would agree that fighting fire with fire was entirely justified as a way of highlighting the hypocrisy of the newspaper involved, the journalists guilty of the same (and in some cases worse) acts may have had a mild reprimand but by and large never suffered any of that, so it wasn't much of a victory by my scorekeeping.

Any word from NBM yet ?

If not why not ?

Edit
I’ve just seen their comments on it and

Scotland still stinks ….

A bigoted sham of an organisation
Yeah, they suggest he chucks a few coins in the direction of the Rangers Charity Foundation to make it all go away.

Apparently, the club has written to the SFA relating to Needham's tweets.
That’s well and good but a statement for an open goal like this is long overdue. Sick of decades of being portrayed as the bad guys on this issue when it’s clearly a massive problem with Rangers fans being demonised and sectarian hate speech used daily

We as Rangers fans should have a good look at ourselves. A chairman of an opposing football team makes accusations against our club and we as travelling fans to his stadium fill not one but two stands providing them with thousands of pounds.

How many fans groups do we have and how many have expressed anger on this?
Any of them worth any merit would be advocating a boycott of his poxy club for the next time Rangers go there.
But, they won't.

FFS, I certainly hope you're in the minority.

How many fans groups do we have and how many have expressed anger on this?
Any of them worth any merit would be advocating a boycott of his poxy club for the next time Rangers go there.
But, they won't.
Club1872 silence on this is absolutely incredible. A group claiming to represent grass root supporters with over £4 million of our hard earned sitting in their bank accounts and they sit in silence as an SPL club chairman openly uses hateful sectarian terms about our fans and wishing a bridge to collapse as thousands of our fans drown.

Utterly disgraceful. It’s bad enough the club won’t comment on the attack but club1872 it’s unforgivable.

Club1872 silence on this is absolutely incredible. A group claiming to represent grass root supporters with over £4 million of our hard earned sitting in their bank accounts and they sit in silence as an SPL club chairman openly uses hateful sectarian terms about our fans and wishing a bridge to collapse as thousands of our fans drown.

Utterly disgraceful. It’s bad enough the club won’t comment on the attack but club1872 it’s unforgivable.
It's almost as if they are uselessly incompetent :rolleyes:

NBM and St Boo declined to speak to BBC Scotland this evening.

Apparently Needham was NOT at the game on Sunday.

"Needham needs to consider his position" - Tom English

Nobody has offered any sort of defence for the guy. Kenny McIntyre, Avril Levein, Tom English and Darryl Broadfoot.

I am not sure it would be the same conversation if, say, Dickie Gordon was presenter. Kenny Mac is usually pretty fair.

Back