SFA has opened an investigation into a number of ''inappropriate' Rangers related tweets made by St Mirren chairman John Needham

NBM and St Boo declined to speak to BBC Scotland this evening.

Apparently Needham was NOT at the game on Sunday.

"Needham needs to consider his position" - Tom English

Nobody has offered any sort of defence for the guy. Kenny McIntyre, Avril Levein, Tom English and Darryl Broadfoot.

I am not sure it would be the same conversation if, say, Dickie Gordon was presenter. Kenny Mac is usually pretty fair.
None of the panel defended him, but none of them mentioned the sectarian nature of the tweets either. The elephant in the room.

The more I think about this guys comments the angrier I get.

The childish and disrespectful use of "Sevco" I can deal with.
That just shows that the user of the word hates our club. But it also shows a particularly venomous hatred from someone, previously in a senior management position at a banking institution and now the Chairman of an SPFL football club.

The word "hun" or its rhyming slang equivalent is sectarian bile. Lets not pretend that it's not. Someone who is bright enough to have had the career he has had, knows exactly the meaning of the word in Scotland. No excuses about what he thought it meant. He knew exactly.

But it's not them that makes me angry. I expect that from all of the people who hate us.

Its the bridge one that really gets me.

Here is the Chairman of an SPFL football club, whose hatred for another SPFL football club and it's supporters, allows him to believe that its acceptable to make a joke about the potential death of hundreds of football fans just for celebrating their team winning a league.
Laughing about a potential "disaster".
Because that's what he is doing, laughing and joking about deaths and Pollution!
He knows what happened 50 years ago, yet thinks this is appropriate?

The way him and people like him think it's acceptable to say anything they like about us, and to us, yet are the first to complain the slightest thing, like a word or a tune, shows up who the real bigots are.

As u can tell, I got bored, sent this to NBM. just for something to do and waste there time

Dear sirs,

I would like to ask a genuine question to yourselves, in regards to your campaign and what you stand for/against.

I have been sitting watching with interest, in how you handle both sides of the battle on sectarianism, be it from a Celtic or a Rangers stance.

On many occasions, you seem to highlight more from a celtic perspective, where as this is a joint thing.

You have jumped at times when so called rangers fans have done or said anything, allegedly untoward. Be it by a tune in a video, a song or lyrics.

You seam to be calling alot out, on your terms and not promoting both sides on the coin.

What about callin celtic out on lyrics that are heard from Park head, or on their euro travels, Flags dislayed and so on.

You are all for calling things out and demanding retribution on certain things.

If you want people to be inclusive why not include both sides of the equation.

My final point is, you released a statement via twitter and I quote "We are aware of the recent derogatory tweets directed towards Rangers fans by St Mirren chairman and subsequent apology. We suggest these sentiments could be made more tangible by a donation toward Rangers Charity Foundation to support its education work with young people."

Now, with everything going on, I think your response to this situation is way below what I expect from a group that promotes to be inclusive and unbiased.

To say that the St mirren chairman should make a charitable donation to a clubs foundation to support its education is not what I expected from an organisation that is meant to be calling out things like this.

To myself and dare i say probably many other supporters of teams not affiliated with either team across the Glasgow divide, this is not what I think this group was setup for.

You are meant to be impartial in these things. Also that to think that Nil By Mouth is a registered Scottish Charity: (SC030375) . I will also be writing to charity commission and asking for a full and in depth look Into NBM and its charity status, if all I get is fobbed off by a standard reply from yourself, or some useless typed out email from someone not in authority, to explain why NBM is one sided against bigotry, rascism and religion.

I don't want to give my home address either, like you have asked others to do in past. A proper email to myself will suffice, and if reply doesn't meet my requirements, this will also be forwarded to charity commission and other authorities in the hope that something proper will be done to call things out properly.

Again (unless I have missed something) nothing from rangers! Why are they so reluctant to call this sort of bigotry out? Stewart Robertson isn’t up for the fight (again) by the looks of it!

I think I actually detest these middle of the road going nowhere clubs more than Celtic, Hibs and Hearts now. We used to rock up twice a year and fill their shitty stadiums that set them up for the year. They put seats in , sell 1000 season tickets in each stand and suddenly they think they have made it.

"A banker for over 40 years, Needham was appointed on to the club board in September by the St Mirren Independent Supporters Association, who own a 51% share in St Mirren".

The Supporters Association knew exactly what they wanted when Needham was placed as chairman.
A red flag if ever I saw one.

Speak for yourself.

My support for Rangers is stronger than my hatred of anyone else. Would be good to be a social justice warrior like yourself, but, I recognise that the world keeps on spinning and i’ll keep supporting my team.
I am speaking for myself and yes I am a justice warrior. Im also a season ticket holder for 51 years and a shareholder.

Speak for yourself.

My support for Rangers is stronger than my hatred of anyone else. Would be good to be a social justice warrior like yourself, but, I recognise that the world keeps on spinning and i’ll keep supporting my team.
The problem with speaking for yourself is that the Rangers support will continue to be demonized and we will be incapable of firstly, defending ourselves and secondly, The haters will have free reign in damaging our club and our support.
This is a battle. To successfully defend ourselves and to expose the utter hypocrisy of those who seize (and more recently invent) every opportunity to attack our club and our support we will need all the warriors we can muster.
Sometimes, and I argue that this is such a time, we will better support our club by standing together and delivering the message that their treatment of our club will have consequences.
Or we can continue to speak for ourselves and see how that works out.

The problem with speaking for yourself is that the Rangers support will continue to be demonized and we will be incapable of firstly, defending ourselves and secondly, The haters will have free reign in damaging our club and our support.
This is a battle. To successfully defend ourselves and to expose the utter hypocrisy of those who seize (and more recently invent) every opportunity to attack our club and our support we will need all the warriors we can muster.
Sometimes, and I argue that this is such a time, we will better support our club by standing together and delivering the message that their treatment of our club will have consequences.
Or we can continue to speak for ourselves and see how that works out.
Not buying a ticket for St Mirren away isn’t going to change anything.

Maybe the lads on the EK supporters bus could apologize, say its not like them to do that, donate some cash to charity and just move on.
A law for the rich and a law for the not so rich !
I side with what you're saying but two wrongs don't make a right.

We need to be squeaky clean so that we can continually highlight the inconsistencies such as this.

Not buying a ticket for St Mirren away isn’t going to change anything.
Au contraire. If the Rangers support withdrew over £3 million per season it will change a lot. The haters will immediately be made poorer. It will send the message that their demonisation of our club and our support will no longer be tolerated. It will focus the attention of current and potential sponsors of the haters individually and the hamper Scottish Football collectively in attracting sponsorship. Money talks and BS walks.
Economic boycott is the go to weapon to hurt them and raise awareness. That is how our support would show it's strength.
"Speak for yourself" is divide and conquer and is absolutely guaranteed not to change anything.
Either we are in it together to make change or we suck it up while giving them our money. I suspect it'll be the latter.

I look forward to the SFA’s findings which will be snicker snicker we have handled the matter internally and will not reporting our findings to the public

Fûck you very much

The SFA (Hampden branch CSC)

Au contraire. If the Rangers support withdrew over £3 million per season it will change a lot. The haters will immediately be made poorer. It will send the message that their demonisation of our club and our support will no longer be tolerated. It will focus the attention of current and potential sponsors of the haters individually and the hamper Scottish Football collectively in attracting sponsorship. Money talks and BS walks.
Economic boycott is the go to weapon to hurt them and raise awareness. That is how our support would show it's strength.
"Speak for yourself" is divide and conquer and is absolutely guaranteed not to change anything.
Either we are in it together to make change or we suck it up while giving them our money. I suspect it'll be the latter.
Do you remember the last Boycot? Utd away. I’m sure you remember how that went. It’s never going to happen at a club this size, no matter how many times you say ‘not with that attitude’.

Totally agree.
If he's still on the St Mirren board when they next visit Ibrox then our board as a minimum should ban him from sitting anywhere in our stadium other than paying to get in and sitting with their supporters.
Disagree he should have a total ban from Ibrox. If a Rangers supporter was caught shouting things like that then they would be banned from Ibrox.

Do you remember the last Boycot? Utd away. I’m sure you remember how that went. It’s never going to happen at a club this size, no matter how many times you say ‘not with that attitude’.
The boycott of Tannadump was largely successful. The number of Rangers supporters was around the 300 mark IIRC.
However, it did highlight a sizeable "speak for yourself" element in the Rangers support. Rangers supporters who chose not to participate in presenting a united front. The issues at stake in the current landscape are at a far higher level than the ticketing refund issue which led to that boycott.
If we will not stand up and be counted when faced with constant demonisation of our club and our support then we deserve all we get and our haters will be happy to oblige while trousering millions of pounds. Maybe it's time to re-assess who is giving stronger support to Rangers. those who fund the haters and hypocrites or those who refuse to.

If we play their game really well, the best that happens is that everyone loses.

The organ grinders are clever enough not to post their hatred on Social Media. The SNP and others who genuinely hate British society won't mind someone like Needham getting fucked. As long as they have the excuse to keep stoking hatred and division they're happy.

I'd rather take them to task for their inability to handle free speech, and their absolute need to manufacture hatred as a way of staying in power.

We'd give them a much bigger problem if we very publicly and magnanimously accepted Needham's apology - maybe offer him some rehabilitation via RCF if we want to turn the knife for fun.
I disagree. The SNP have gone out of their way to align themselves with the Republican section of Scotland, whilst attacking everything unionist, especially Rangers, as the club is seen as the biggest representation of unionism in the country.

By continually allowing people to get away with denigrating us - be that by the continual use of HUN, or coordinated attack on fake videos - we have allowed the Rangers bad (and by default Unionism bad) narrative to become ingrained.

Take for example HUN. If we push back at this, and push hard and consistently for its removal, eventually that purpose will be achieved. We are too many in number for it not to be. And once that's achieved, that gives the SNP a larger problem than us accepting any apology and having our bellies tickled.
They would like nothing more than for us to accept an apology and roll on tom the next round of Rangers Bad publicity.

Remember, they want us dead. That is their ultimate goal.

As u can tell, I got bored, sent this to NBM. just for something to do and waste there time

Dear sirs,

I would like to ask a genuine question to yourselves, in regards to your campaign and what you stand for/against.

I have been sitting watching with interest, in how you handle both sides of the battle on sectarianism, be it from a Celtic or a Rangers stance.

On many occasions, you seem to highlight more from a celtic perspective, where as this is a joint thing.

You have jumped at times when so called rangers fans have done or said anything, allegedly untoward. Be it by a tune in a video, a song or lyrics.

You seam to be calling alot out, on your terms and not promoting both sides on the coin.

What about callin celtic out on lyrics that are heard from Park head, or on their euro travels, Flags dislayed and so on.

You are all for calling things out and demanding retribution on certain things.

Well played mate. I wrote to them a few years back they asked me to supply my address which I did and got a total cop out of a reply. We need to go after these people by writing as you have done and demanding that they show balance in how they treat sectarianism.

If you want people to be inclusive why not include both sides of the equation.

My final point is, you released a statement via twitter and I quote "We are aware of the recent derogatory tweets directed towards Rangers fans by St Mirren chairman and subsequent apology. We suggest these sentiments could be made more tangible by a donation toward Rangers Charity Foundation to support its education work with young people."

Now, with everything going on, I think your response to this situation is way below what I expect from a group that promotes to be inclusive and unbiased.

To say that the St mirren chairman should make a charitable donation to a clubs foundation to support its education is not what I expected from an organisation that is meant to be calling out things like this.

To myself and dare i say probably many other supporters of teams not affiliated with either team across the Glasgow divide, this is not what I think this group was setup for.

You are meant to be impartial in these things. Also that to think that Nil By Mouth is a registered Scottish Charity: (SC030375) . I will also be writing to charity commission and asking for a full and in depth look Into NBM and its charity status, if all I get is fobbed off by a standard reply from yourself, or some useless typed out email from someone not in authority, to explain why NBM is one sided against bigotry, rascism and religion.

I don't want to give my home address either, like you have asked others to do in past. A proper email to myself will suffice, and if reply doesn't meet my requirements, this will also be forwarded to charity commission and other authorities in the hope that something proper will be done to call things out properly.

'SFA investigation'

Aye right you are.
They are stacked with the same ilk as Needham, where can you get fair justice between the SPFL and the SFA they are chokkers full of documented Rangers haters.
This is why we should have kept the fighting fund to take on these Rsoles and do them ourselves on a no win no pay basis, with the amount of people like Needham and plenty of others you'd have been able to pay for a new stand.

FFS, I certainly hope you're in the minority.
Certainly hope so, given what we went through only last week releasing our anniversary kit, then what Heart and Hand have just went through.

Really don't understand this mentality at all, to say it’s just finger pointing etc is a joke in all honesty.

So we’ve to just sit back and take it, f.uck that!

The boycott of Tannadump was largely successful. The number of Rangers supporters was around the 300 mark IIRC.
However, it did highlight a sizeable "speak for yourself" element in the Rangers support. Rangers supporters who chose not to participate in presenting a united front. The issues at stake in the current landscape are at a far higher level than the ticketing refund issue which led to that boycott.
If we will not stand up and be counted when faced with constant demonisation of our club and our support then we deserve all we get and our haters will be happy to oblige while trousering millions of pounds. Maybe it's time to re-assess who is giving stronger support to Rangers. those who fund the haters and hypocrites or those who refuse to.
The problem with boycotts is that it punishes our own team by not giving them the backing of a big away support. Punish and deal with the individual culprits and not a whole football club.

Can't believe people are defending this guy. Right to offend and freedom of speech don't really come into it. It's about what he's tweeted in conjunction with him holding a position of responsibility in our pro game. That's why it's his job being called for, and not a stretch in Bar L.

The more I think about this guys comments the angrier I get.

The childish and disrespectful use of "Sevco" I can deal with.
That just shows that the user of the word hates our club. But it also shows a particularly venomous hatred from someone, previously in a senior management position at a banking institution and now the Chairman of an SPFL football club.

The word "hun" or its rhyming slang equivalent is sectarian bile. Lets not pretend that it's not. Someone who is bright enough to have had the career he has had, knows exactly the meaning of the word in Scotland. No excuses about what he thought it meant. He knew exactly.

But it's not them that makes me angry. I expect that from all of the people who hate us.

Its the bridge one that really gets me.

Here is the Chairman of an SPFL football club, whose hatred for another SPFL football club and it's supporters, allows him to believe that its acceptable to make a joke about the potential death of hundreds of football fans just for celebrating their team winning a league.
Laughing about a potential "disaster".
Because that's what he is doing, laughing and joking about deaths and Pollution!
He knows what happened 50 years ago, yet thinks this is appropriate?

The way him and people like him think it's acceptable to say anything they like about us, and to us, yet are the first to complain the slightest thing, like a word or a tune, shows up who the real bigots are.
Well said Craigton, totally out of order about the bridge and the Rangers supporters. Maybe he wouldn't want people to die but the hatred against us is there for all to see. (Bloody Terrible).

If someone with an Ibrox connection had said something similar, against another club that person would have been hammered. :mad:

Have to be honest mate, I completely agree with your message overall but the last sentence completely kills the tone. Referring to someone as a Fat Japanese whilst talking about treating people with respect?
To gain respect you have to earn it....I have yet to see any evidence of this from Lawell. Him , and that other wee rhat John Reid along with the rest of the celtc board , never showed any respect to Rangers when they failed in their plan to destroy us.

To gain respect you have to earn it....I have yet to see any evidence of this from Lawell. Him , and that other wee rhat John Reid along with the rest of the celtc board , never showed any respect to Rangers when they failed in their plan to destroy us.
I don’t have respect for Lawell, he’s a man who has done nothing but work his own interests and deliberately tried to sink our club. I just don’t think calling anyone a Fat Japanese is a good move when you are calling to be respected yourself. It completely undermines the message and is basically an example of what we as Rangers fans try to point out - that calling out bigotry and hatred is often a one way street in Scotland. You can’t call someone a f* nian whilst demanding not to be called a h*n. You can’t call out attacks on Rangers fans and in the same breathe use a phrase that a lot of people would find pretty offensive.

Was going to say this. Fair play to the SFA if they're going to bother their arse in doing anything but the silence from the usual set of people, particularly on Twitter, is deafening.

If it happened to the other side?
Lip service only !

I don’t have respect for Lawell, he’s a man who has done nothing but work his own interests and deliberately tried to sink our club. I just don’t think calling anyone a Fat Japanese is a good move when you are calling to be respected yourself. It completely undermines the message and is basically an example of what we as Rangers fans try to point out - that calling out bigotry and hatred is often a one way street in Scotland. You can’t call someone a f* nian whilst demanding not to be called a h*n. You can’t call out attacks on Rangers fans and in the same breathe use a phrase that a lot of people would find pretty offensive.
Good for you , you're telling posters to have respect for Lawell who has totally disrespected the victims and their families in the biggest CSA scandal in World football constantly lying through his teeth still to this day , by claiming the boys club is a separate entity , . and you reckon he should be shown respect , whilst you yourself say you don't have respect for him.....? Time to make your mind up .. :mad:

I
Good for you , you're telling posters to have respect for Lawell who has totally disrespected the victims and their families in the biggest CSA scandal in World football constantly lying through his teeth still to this day , by claiming the boys club is a separate entity , . and you reckon he should be shown respect , whilst you yourself say you don't have respect for him.....? Time to make your mind up .. :mad:
I think you’ve completely missed the point of what I’ve said so let’s just agree to disagree on this one.

At no point did I implore anyone to have respect for Lawwell. My main point is that it’s hypocritical to demand respect (particularly on the context of what we are discussing) when resorting to name calling and using a pretty offensive term yourself.

Back