SFA overturn ban for Inverness' James Keatings

BlueMeanie

THE SCOTTISH FA have reversed their decision to uphold Inverness striker James Keatings' ban for the Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Challenge Cup final.

The forward was shown a second yellow card for simulation during the semi-final win over Rangers Colts, leaving Keatings suspended for the final against Raith Rovers.

The Highland club then appealed the decision, but were dismayed when Scottish football's governing body upheld the decision.
Video replays of the incident showed clear contact from Ciaron Dickson on Keatings that sent the Inverness striker to the floor, leading to widespread outcry over the SFA's ajudication process.
That led to a review of the decision, where the football association admitted that one of the three-person panel "did not undertake their obligations with respect to the consideration of all the available evidence" and ruled that the tribunal's veridct was incompetent.
Now, the SFA have rescinded the yellow card, leaving Keatings free to play in next month's final.

no surprise, even the proverbial blind man could see it was the wrong decision. Does the ref get admonished for a shit decision on review?

Corrupt system.Corrupt panel of "judges" Corrupt organisation. Sad thing is it won't change anything in this corrupt way these corrupt people ruin our game. As long as the hand picked friends of Saville Row have power in scotshit football that;s the way it will be.

The problem is that, even though it's the correct decision eventually, it just throws open the "whataboutery" gate for future games against them. I can imagine one of "them" being on the committee and saying "oh. I didn't properly review it" IF the decision doesn't go the way they want.

I'm calling it right now, it'll be used to f*** us royally if we win the next game vs the Mhanks.

First time i seen the incident was today, and cant believe that this wasn't overturned the first time round. The whole saga has been a farce and goes to show that the SFAs disciplinary system is not fit for purpose

They've admitted they're not fit for purpose, so that's it, the precedent has been set.

First time i seen the incident was today, and cant believe that this wasn't overturned the first time round. The whole saga has been a farce and goes to show that the SFAs disciplinary system is not fit for purpose

The panel probably seen the player was wearing red, white and blue and went straight into appeal rejected mode.

Surely it's now opened a can of worms that other clubs can point to in the future if they feel there's been an injustice against them?

Fair play to ICT but consider Steven Gerrard shouted out to all the media about the injustice on some of the refereeing decisions against our players and also rants about and how unjust the SFA are.
The SFA would of course re-evaluate their unjust decision and cancel the yellow/red card given to a Rangers player

AYE RIGHT ! Gerrard would be up on a charge of bringing the game into disrepute.

The correct decision has now been made but what a f*ck up.

However why was the original decision overturned. We were advised all that was needed was a majority decision of 2-1 but that the tribunal members had voted 3-0 that the booking should stand. Therefore removing this one members vote would still give a majority of 2-1 in favour of original decision.

Absolutely the right decision, but the way they arrived at it showed them up for what they are.

They only did it because of the public backlash. That backlash wouldnt happen had it gone against a rangers player (opposition fans in Scotland would have laughed)and it wouldn't have been overturned as a result. The whole setup is a shambles.

"did not undertake their obligations with respect to the consideration of all the available evidence"
WTF does that even mean????

So, what is the process flow for disciplinary proceedings?

What if Sportscene and Twittersphere come to a different decision?
Who has seniority?

Bare facts reported without a single question raised about the corruption and how a panel member managed to not look at “all” the evidence?

I said in a previous thread, if we take them at their word and someone on the panel did not look at all the evidence, how many times has that happened in the past? How many times have teams spent money making an appeal for the panel to just ignore it?

This should be a scandal that every club should be demanding action.

Shambolic handling throughout - what else would you expect from a shambles of an organisation?

Back