SFA Part 4, an epic fail?

Partickger

The two laziest excuses trotted out for years by so-called pundits was our population size and bloody computer games.

Uruguay, Iceland, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, even bloody Wales.

All small countries who I’m pretty sure have kids who play computer game!

The games been run into the ground by what has become the bowling club committee now taken over by the wrong sort.

Prod Wallace

Scottish football tried to kill us.

Anyone with a suggestion on how to better it is needing their head checked.

Beat the opposition, I don't give a monkey's if it's Ross county thirty times a season or whatever.

Scottish football hates us. Why are we even debating trying to better it?

Haining84

I’m 100% against summer football.

I don’t think it would have any real material impact in terms of improvement and I’m a traditionalist.How sh!te would the winter be without the football.

Tougherthanbullets

Enlarge the top league, play each other only twice, not four times. The split has to go....dig a hole, bury it, then forget its location. For us at least leave the banned songs and FTP's behind and join the 21 Century. I dont care about whataboutery, thats not our problem.

Bluenose1979

I’m 100% against summer football.

I don’t think it would have any real material impact in terms of improvement and I’m a traditionalist.How sh!te would the winter be without the football.
Agreed. Summer holiday season when families are away too. We've played through the winter forever, to blame it on that is another deflection from where the real responsibilities and failings going back decades lie.

jackstar

Are Rangers and Celtic prepared to redistribute a greater percentage of their own disproportionate revenue into helping elevate the overall standard of the Scottish game?

That is usually one of the demands made by fans of other clubs, but I doubt you'll find many Old Firm supporters in agreement. I certainly wouldn't be one of them.

As a result two huge clubs continue to reduce the competition to a binary event and no amount of tinkering with the structure or format is likely to change that.

A change in culture and mindset plus greater amenities provided by government and local councils to ensure kids have the opportunity to play football in their immediate environments are desperately needed when you think of the huge upsurge in the fortunes of Icelandic football following the investment their own government made in their infrastructure, but I don't see any groundswell of interest from the SNP to implement something similar in Scotland.
Haven't Rangers done their bit. When we were down the leagues,due to the Rangers support following the team all over the country, we've more than paid our dues. It requires an over haul at the very top of our game. Get rid of all those suits in Hampden and get guys in that have played and Managed the game. What happened to the so called "think tank" we were supposed to draw up. We've the wrong people in charge of our game.

Albertzzz

It's all grass roots even attendances are linked too grassroots. If no fecker is playing football or interested in it then no fucker is watching it.

Albertzzz

The two laziest excuses trotted out for years by so-called pundits was our population size and bloody computer games.

Uruguay, Iceland, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, even bloody Wales.

All small countries who I’m pretty sure have kids who play computer game!

The games been run into the ground by what has become the bowling club committee now taken over by the wrong sort.
100% this I live in Wales and the sport infrastructure in each town puts Scotland too shame it's embarrassing how neglected Scotland is.......the blame for this lays with the residents I.m afraid the community spirit and amount of people who put back into these communities is incredible down here in wales. In Scotland nobody gives a fcuk

Shengus Malengus

I don't see that Saturday 3pm kick offs would increase attendances.
Saturday is more of a working day now than it ever was.

Sunday transport maybe prevents a few from attending but by and large isn't as much of an obstacle as it used to be.

Buster

The product is crap and needs a drastic overhaul things that would help
Design a league that we play another team twice in a season only.
Get rid of plastic surfaces in all leagues.
Allow teams to play colt teams in the lower leagues.
Have one organisation to run the game.
We have far to many teams playing in the top leagues ideally we should have only 3 leagues with the 2nd teams of clubs playing in the 3rd league if they want to
Relegation means relegation to the juniors and juniors gaining promotion to league 3.
Professional referees and which would mean referees from other countries would be able to apply for posts here
SNP to stop selling of public pitches for housing
Just a few ideas for debate