SFA self sabotage/destruction seems like lunacy, until you understand real motive

Should we be cheering James Forrest and Callum McGregor next time they come to Ibrox?
Eh?
He’s talking about the booing of CH at away grounds.What kind of ridiculous response is that?
You should have asked “Do nae neck and jump the dyke get BOOED at every ground?”

The answer of course is “no, they do not.”

Where have I lied exactly? My own name is very easily findable for anyone who wants to know it. I've never hidden it.
The bit where you said you never worked or got paid by the mainstream Media. have you any spare time to meet me, I would love to talk to you in person about all this and where you see yourself?
You could come to The Louden during weekdays, I will even buy the rolls

The bit where you said you never worked or got paid by the mainstream Media. have you any spare time to meet me, I would love to talk to you in person about all this and where you see yourself?
You could come to The Louden during weekdays, I will even buy the rolls

Havent said it once. If you're genuine about meeting in person to discuss it, I'd be happy to.

Eh?
He’s talking about the booing of CH at away grounds.What kind of ridiculous response is that?
You should have asked “Do nae neck and jump the dyke get BOOED at every ground?”

The answer of course is “no, they do not.”

Hendry never got it at every groud either.

Ach I'm good company. I'm sure you'll be voicing your disapproval at Barry Ferguson for similar.
I don't think any ex-player should be criticising Rangers in print, we have enough enemies that can do that. I see you are promoting yourself as being on the same level as a Treble winning Captain
I havent bought a newspaper in 6 years

Havent said it once. If you're genuine about meeting in person to discuss it, I'd be happy to.
Of course I am genuine, I might not agree with you but it is my job to listen to every Rangers fans views and take them on board.
I take my job very seriously and if you have never been to The Louden I am sure you will be impressed

I don't think any ex-player should be criticising Rangers in print, we have enough enemies that can do that. I see you are promoting yourself as being on the same level as a Treble winning Captain
I havent bought a newspaper in 6 years

Not promoting myself as being 'on the same level' however we did at one point share a mutual 'employer'.

Couldn't tell you the last time I bought a paper. Probably the first time I had a byline in a print edition so (maybe 2014).

Of course I am genuine, I might not agree with you but it is my job to listen to every Rangers fans views and take them on board.
I take my job very seriously and if you have never been to The Louden I am sure you will be impressed
That makes two of us then. Been in on many an occasion. Can be a bit too busy for my tastes sometimes but understandable on a matchday.

I recall the days when Rangers supporters used to get upset when our players were overlooked when the Scottish team was selected. Now, they are glad. I recall when Rangers supporters used to get disappointed the Scottish team lost but now the disappointment has been replaced by indifference. Previous posters are spot on. Those who hold office at the SFA have brought this situation on themselves but are too shortsighted to care.

I wouldn't call it "indifference", I actually prefer that they lose.

Might be wrong here but did scotland not play ROI in a friendly years back and the tartan twats were singing 'we hate rangers more than you'

Yeah and shove your Union Jack up your arse. And rangers rangers what’s the score when Scotland played Northern Ireland in the same tournament in Dublin.

Tbh, Black was booed as a hearts player and fan playing at easter road at a game Hibs were giving tickets away for. Not a surprise he didn't get a great welcome.

Wasn’t the Hearts captain Berra playing that night at Easter road as well?. I’m sure he was and he was never booed. I might be wrong but I’m sure Black was a rangers player when he was booed in a Scotland shirt at Easter road.

Wasn’t the Hearts captain Berra playing that night at Easter road as well?. I’m sure he was and he was never booed. I might be wrong but I’m sure Black was a rangers player when he was booed in a Scotland shirt at Easter road.

Aye, but he (Berra) isn't a wee dick who is particularly disliked by them. Hibs fans I've met all loathe Ian Black. Think he's just a detestable little bastard. A bit like a Peter Grant or Neil Lennon. There's been a few of their players have been pretty harmless but there's always been something about those two that makes you particularly hate them a wee bit more.

Aye, but he (Berra) isn't a wee dick who is particularly disliked by them. Hibs fans I've met all loathe Ian Black. Think he's just a detestable little bastard. A bit like a Peter Grant or Neil Lennon. There's been a few of their players have been pretty harmless but there's always been something about those two that makes you particularly hate them a wee bit more.

But feck all pal if your playing for your country you shouldn’t be booed by your own fans.

The booing really started after the Barry Ferguson two fingered salute and he and McGregor got it from the trannies.

They don't want us dead , they want us to be weak and beatable on every front for as long as possible but still bring in the blue pound.

Lol.
Come on mate, it was going on long before that.

Fans in our support wearing England tops and openly supporting England since the late 80's probably didn't help with regards booing. What came first the chicken or the egg? We aren't squeaky clean with regards this.
I Remember seeing a pic doing the rounds on here of Rangers supporting Scotland fans from the 60s.
Comment's galore like "they would give those tartan trannies a slap if they were around back then" Tell you what they'd have done the same at Ibrox to fans wearing England tops back in the day too.
All in all its sad where we are at. Rangers were seen as Scotland's Club , our captain was the Scotland captain , rival fans out with Celtic respected us and our principles. Changed days indeed

Last edited:
I recall the days when Rangers supporters used to get upset when our players were overlooked when the Scottish team was selected. Now, they are glad. I recall when Rangers supporters used to get disappointed the Scottish team lost but now the disappointment has been replaced by indifference. Previous posters are spot on. Those who hold office at the SFA have brought this situation on themselves but are too shortsighted to care.

"Indifference"?

Lol, I relish hearing they've lost.

They are primarily a governing body, not a sports team.

Fergusons conviction had nothing to do with the SFA. And players don't tend to breach the terms of their probation on pitches in every league, every weekend. Particularly not in front of the assembled media and hundreds of polis

Rangers players havent been routinely booed since the mid 90s. Its a far more recent phenomenon and has only really been aimed at three players (Wallace, Black, Jack). It certainly hasnt been happening 'constantly for 25 years'.

Hysterical pish.
This was one of the very first cases of trial by television. The referee never saw it and took no action.
The ridiculous and prejudicial attempted ban of 12 matches by the SFA was so ill judged it had to be reduced.
It was also, in my memory, the first time police or the fiscal took action for on the field indiscipline. Even with previous.
Nothing unusual from the SFA of the day, which held mere players in ill concealed contempt, only there to take officials from one junket to the next.
I knew one of them and in fairness, left to him, he would have splattered DF all round Hampden and that would have been that.
His whole SFA life revolved round “the next beano” “where are we off to next” A complete bullfarter.
Little has changed.

Fergusons conviction had nothing to do with the SFA. And players don't tend to breach the terms of their probation on pitches in every league, every weekend. Particularly not in front of the assembled media and hundreds of polis

Rangers players havent been routinely booed since the mid 90s. Its a far more recent phenomenon and has only really been aimed at three players (Wallace, Black, Jack). It certainly hasnt been happening 'constantly for 25 years'.

Hysterical pish.

Ian Black played for Scotland he was booed

The SFA is, at first sight, a sports team and a business, you would expect its principle aims would be to have a successful team and a profitable business. If you do, you'd be wrong.

The SFA has been intent on driving a wedge between Rangers and their support and the national team for decades. Like many Bears, I remember the days when Rangers buses doubled up as Scotland buses for midweek games. It changed when Souness arrived, IMO at first coz the SFA thought Rangers were getting "too big for their boots", right up to the disgrace that was the treatment of Duncan Ferguson, convicted for an action that happens every week in every pitch from Pitz to pub league to SPFL. Then, things took a much more sinister turn, the Celtic Minded started consolidating power in the SFA and SPFL and the media and in politics.

From the mid 90s, Rangers players have been routinely booed by the Scotland support, not because of anything performance related, but because they play for Rangers. The media, politicians and the SFA have never once challenged this or tried to address it - imagine for a moment it had been Celtic players being booed and harassed, we all know the fallout, if it happened even once, let alone constantly for 25 years. Every hack and imbecile in office would be falling over themselves to publicly denounce whatever vapid virtue signalling would elicit the most woke points. The SFA would have another "task force" of self anointed buffoons on another talking shop jolly of condescension we'd all be forced to suffer.

But when it's Rangers players (and now even Rangers supporting players) getting it tight, that's alright. The conspiracy of silence is tacit support for the abuse. IMO Rangers fans make up say 35-40% of all football fans in Scotland, why would a business alienate 40% of its potential customers? But it's even more than that, internationals are predominantly mid-week, those most likely to attend live reasonably close to Hampden - within the geographical zone of "likely to attend" Rangers fans make up, what, 55-60% of potential customers?

What business sets out to alienate more than half its customer base, it'd be like Starbucks saying "Women not Welcome". This must be madness? No, it's perfectly logical when you understand the real agenda. The "Celtic minded" dominate the SFA, SPFL, media and politics. The Celtic minded do not care about Scotland, if you want to know where their loyalties lie, look at what flag flies from their stands. For the Celtic minded, the SFA is a well paid jolly, which allows them to progress their real and only agenda, help Celtic and harm Rangers. It's a simple as that, Scotland results are irrelevant as they dont care. The SFA arent going anywhere, so long as there is football in Scotland there will be the SFA.

Further, they have the Rangers haters in the Dandy Dons and Hibernian, these morons actually want Scotland to do well, but they hate Rangers so much they can't see that they are being used, again, as Lawwell's wank rag, which is evidently their sole value and purpose. These clowns are happy to carry on booing Rangers players, which keeps Rangers fans away, which means empty stands, lower revenue, bad atmosphere and harm for the team, so long as they get it up Rangers.

Whilst the Celtic minded dominate the SFA, SPFL, media and politics (and with the recent shame of the child abuse summit at Celtic park, now the Police) things will only get worse, as evidenced both by results and that the Scotland support in the absence of Rangers players playing, are now directing their ire at Rangers supporting players. And it will never be challenged.
Excellent spot on

Hysterical pish.

Thanks for your reply, I wasnt able to respond sooner but your comments re the 25 years deserves a come-back. It was interesting to read after the fact the development of the joust between yourself and the Louden guy, watching you squirm and evade the questions re your real agenda, until you were finally cornered and couldnt run anymore. Reminiscent of Paxman and Howard. There is definitely "something of the night" about your agenda.

The Louden guy would make a good trial lawyer as he understands the golden rule, only ask questions you already know the answer to.

The 25 years wasnt plucked from nowhere. The last Scotland match I attended was v Greece in 95, qualifier for Euro 96. As McCoist was preparing to come on, he was booed by a significant and vocal minority of the Scotland fans in the stand I was in, the one opposite the main stand, whatever it is called.

McCoist scored with a header with his first touch for a vital 1-0 win. I got into a shouting match with a few boo-ers, and of the army of naval gazers around me, the only ones who piped up did so to tell me to sit down and shut-up, lending their support to the boo boys. Now you're a journalist and proud member of the MSM and, I assume, seeker of the truth. To validate my claim I'll take any test or Pepsi challenge you want (if you pay for it). That'll allow you to put a marker down for a time line.

As a member of the MSM, why haven't you condemned the booing?

Presumably you think the media and politicians in Scotland and SFA are fair and balanced towards Rangers?

Presumably you think that if the treatment dished out to (as limited by you) Jack and Wallace had happened to Celtic players, the MSM response would have been the same, namely nothing?

Do you think the media, politics and the SFA are dominated by the Celtic minded who are interested only in pushing the Celtic agenda?

If that was the case, why did they bother transferring the membership from oldco to newco? Surely that was the chance to fulfil their aim?

They didn’t want us gone completely. Scottish football would be in an even worse state by now if every Rangers fan had chucked it en masse back in 2012 due to us not having a club to support. That would have been a huge chunk of their customer base gone overnight.

The SFA are more corrupt than Fifa.....The wage packets these thieves are on is a disgrace for the product on show constantly filling there pockets. They promote within (ie it's my turn for a wedge), nothing coherent is ever said or done to fix the game.

Next bit of corruption will be selling hampden for 20 times what they paid for it from QP and move the national games to club grounds......The money will never be seen invested in the game.

Th

Hysterical pish.

They did however defer his ban to be served after his prison service did they not?

My old man was a regular at both Ibrox and Hampden, and as a kid in the 80s I as always running around with Rangers or Scotland kits.

But you can count on one hand the number of times we, my family, have in total been to see Scotland since the 80s. We watch Rangers week in week out, but unlike Rangers fans of yesteryear, don’t follow the national team. I don’t even watch them on TV.

The apathy started in the late 80s with the SFAs treatment of Souness, the 90s treatment of Goram, Gough, Ian and Duncan Ferguson, McCoist, Brown and Robertson, and since then the Tartan Army has been so anti Rangers, anti UK, that it would turn my stomach to join them at Hampden.

Hampden is a breeding ground for anti English racism, Yes voting loonies, and for some bizarre reason, they hate the country’s premier club.

Make no mistake, the rest of Scottish football didn’t want us dead, they wanted us permanently incapacitated so that we’d be a laughing stock while they had their “sell out Saturdays” and competitive fight for second place.

Fcuk them all.

Hysterical pish.

I'm not a legal expert by any means but didn't Farry and the SFA break the rules of sub judice by punishing Ferguson for an incident that was already subjected to a legal proceedings and therefore shouldn't have been on their agenda till the court case was done with?

As I said, I'm not a legal expert by any means.

Oh, and that was 25 years ago.

I wouldn't call it "indifference", I actually prefer that they lose.
The Scotland team the SFA, SPFL and their whole setup I don't have any better feelings than I do of the beasts from the east, they are all "as one" as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for your reply, I wasnt able to respond sooner but your comments re the 25 years deserves a come-back. It was interesting to read after the fact the development of the joust between yourself and the Louden guy, watching you squirm and evade the questions re your real agenda, until you were finally cornered and couldnt run anymore. Reminiscent of Paxman and Howard. There is definitely "something of the night" about your agenda.

The Louden guy would make a good trial lawyer as he understands the golden rule, only ask questions you already know the answer to.

The 25 years wasnt plucked from nowhere. The last Scotland match I attended was v Greece in 95, qualifier for Euro 96. As McCoist was preparing to come on, he was booed by a significant and vocal minority of the Scotland fans in the stand I was in, the one opposite the main stand, whatever it is called.

McCoist scored with a header with his first touch for a vital 1-0 win. I got into a shouting match with a few boo-ers, and of the army of naval gazers around me, the only ones who piped up did so to tell me to sit down and shut-up, lending their support to the boo boys. Now you're a journalist and proud member of the MSM and, I assume, seeker of the truth. To validate my claim I'll take any test or Pepsi challenge you want (if you pay for it). That'll allow you to put a marker down for a time line.

As a member of the MSM, why haven't you condemned the booing?

Presumably you think the media and politicians in Scotland and SFA are fair and balanced towards Rangers?

Presumably you think that if the treatment dished out to (as limited by you) Jack and Wallace had happened to Celtic players, the MSM response would have been the same, namely nothing?

Do you think the media, politics and the SFA are dominated by the Celtic minded who are interested only in pushing the Celtic agenda?
Real agenda? What a load of bollocks.

In that same greece game in 1995, was Stuart McCall also booed?

I see you paid that much attention to my 'joust' with Louden that you managed to miss the bit where it turns out that Im not part of the MSM.

Why would I condemn it? Its a bit of booing ultimately. Ive read and heard far worse from others Rangers fans discussing both Rangers and Scotland players.

Real agenda? What a load of bollocks.

In that same greece game in 1995, was Stuart McCall also booed?

I see you paid that much attention to my 'joust' with Louden that you managed to miss the bit where it turns out that Im not part of the MSM.

Why would I condemn it? Its a bit of booing ultimately. Ive read and heard far worse from others Rangers fans discussing both Rangers and Scotland players.

You confirmed you were a blogger for a newspaper, are bloggers for newspapers distinct from journalists?

You've been critical of Rangers fans and players yet you refuse to criticise the SFA, and the SMSM and politicians, individually or in aggregate.

Rangers fans are a broad church, much broader than the strawman composite our enemies try to paint us as, but I've never met a Bluenose who takes the side of the SFA, the media and Scottish politicians against Rangers fans and players. Or who doesnt have a bad word for the SMSM or Scottish politicians (not even GCC). Interesting.

You confirmed you were a blogger for a newspaper, are bloggers for newspapers distinct from journalists?

You've been critical of Rangers fans and players yet you refuse to criticise the SFA, and the SMSM and politicians, individually or in aggregate.

Rangers fans are a broad church, much broader than the strawman composite our enemies try to paint us as, but I've never met a Bluenose who takes the side of the SFA, the media and Scottish politicians against Rangers fans and players. Or who doesnt have a bad word for the SMSM or Scottish politicians (not even GCC). Interesting.

"were" - I haven't been for six months now. Calling me part of the MSM because I wrote a blog for a paper until six months is as accurate as calling Joe Worrall part of the Rangers squad.

I regularly criticise all those you mention. I'm not sure why you want me to criticise the media or politicians for some fans booing Ryan Jack.

The Rangers support is indeed a very broad church. I'm not sure where you've managed to muster that I've 'taken the side of the SFA, the media and Scottish politicians against Rangers fans and players' - nor where you've came up with me not having a 'bad word' for the media of Scottish politicians.

For someone accusing me of having some sort of 'agenda' it's very odd that you're just making up whatever shite suits whatever bizarre point you're trying to make.

"were" - I haven't been for six months now. Calling me part of the MSM because I wrote a blog for a paper until six months is as accurate as calling Joe Worrall part of the Rangers squad.

I regularly criticise all those you mention. I'm not sure why you want me to criticise the media or politicians for some fans booing Ryan Jack.

The Rangers support is indeed a very broad church. I'm not sure where you've managed to muster that I've 'taken the side of the SFA, the media and Scottish politicians against Rangers fans and players' - nor where you've came up with me not having a 'bad word' for the media of Scottish politicians.

For someone accusing me of having some sort of 'agenda' it's very odd that you're just making up whatever shite suits whatever bizarre point you're trying to make.

I am confused, you're not part of the MSM because you're only a blogger or because you're on a 6 month break, or it is both?

And you think the animosity between Rangers and the SFA/Scotland set up is due to "some fans booing Ryan Jack". I can see why you were deemed appropriate to be given a national platform by those running the MSM.

I'd argue the other way, Walker and Farry did not allow any club to exert overdue influence Scottish Football, it was only after Farry was deposed and replaced by a weak placeman that you started to see the SFA President etc come to the fore. That was one reason why farry's dismissal was done the way it was, but a small sub-committee - his opposition to a break away SPL made him a enemy, and the Cadette thing provided them with the ammunition.
yup the jorge cadete affair gave them just the publicity leeway to get their placemen into position and theyve abused it ever since

Last edited:
I am confused, you're not part of the MSM because you're only a blogger or because you're on a 6 month break, or it is both?

And you think the animosity between Rangers and the SFA/Scotland set up is due to "some fans booing Ryan Jack". I can see why you were deemed appropriate to be given a national platform by those running the MSM.

It's neither. I'm not on a 'break' from writing from the Daily Record but now work elsewhere writing about Rangers full-time.

No, I don't think the animosity between Rangers and the SFA is over some fans booing Ryan Jack - again, you've taken what you want to have read from my post rather than what is actually said.

the anti scotland team vitriol on here is incredible at times. i've certainly no time for the SFA,the SMSM or the rangers hating trannies but i follow my national team. have done since i was a lad.it has always been rangers and scotland for me and my family/mates. support the team. fk the SFA and the mhedia. there's loads of bears still follow scotland btw.far more than haters i can assure you.

Scotland, the country, is run by, and for, Rangers hating Republicans intent on division.

The football team is no different.
This really nails it. I don’t think there can be any doubt about the validity of this statement. The fans of the diddy clubs might dispute it through a lack of understanding of the situation or an irrational hatred of and jealousy towards Rangers but it’s the truth, pure and simple.

the anti scotland team vitriol on here is incredible at times. i've certainly no time for the SFA,the SMSM or the rangers hating trannies but i follow my national team. have done since i was a lad.it has always been rangers and scotland for me and my family/mates. support the team. fk the SFA and the mhedia. there's loads of bears still follow scotland btw.far more than haters i can assure you.
Perhaps but whether bears support the national side or not, what is irrefutable is the manner in which the authorities run the game in this country. It is run for the benefit of the mentally challengeds and the national team are of minimal importance to this, as far as they are concerned.

Back