SFA statement

Trueblue82

Official Ticketer
Ian Maxwell, Chief Executive at the Scottish FA: "The Scottish FA condemns in the strongest possible terms the spate of incidents this season involving unacceptable conduct in Scottish football. This season we have witnessed match officials and players hit by coins, sectarian singing at matches and abusive and threatening behaviour towards match officials, players, managers and coaching staff. This behaviour is completely unacceptable and simply has no place in football, or indeed Scottish society.

"Football has a responsibility to take action. We must do all that we can under our current rules and engage with clubs to seek to eradicate such behaviour.

"This issue, however, is not one that football can solve on its own. To that end, SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster and I recently met with Cabinet Secretary for Justice Humza Yousaf, Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing Joe Fitzpatrick and Police Scotland Assistant Chief Constable Bernie Higgins to discuss unacceptable conduct in football and how we can work together to address this.

"We will seek further discussions in light of the most recent events to maintain the momentum for change."

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-statement-on-unacceptable-conduct/?rid=14258

It’s ok folks Humza is involved, panick over.

....SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster and I recently met with Cabinet Secretary for Justice Humza Yousaf, Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing Joe Fitzpatrick and Police Scotland Assistant Chief Constable Bernie Higgins ..........

Jesust wept !!!!! :eek: F.uck me!!!!

I actually hope they do bring in strict liability now , put an end to this shite once and for all .

The last football act was brought in hoping to penalise only Rangers fans, didn’t work out that way so they got rid of that .

The same will happen with strict liability , but there will be no going back from it .

Bring it on .

So basically all that's going to happen is what is already happening. Rangers vilified and everything else ignored.

Sounds great.

Why bother wasting all that public money to come full circle to where we are today?

Ah Humza. The former Transport Minister who got in to bother for having no insurance on his car. That fills me with confidence.

Also, considering they still have a convicted racist on their books, the SFA can take a flying fuck to themselves.

Are they talking about Lennon?

Getting their refs up to a decent standard may help, currently everyone is sick of their ineptitude and getting irate.

Strict liability is the way to go.

Strike 1 - Close stand (fines are useless).
Strike 2 - Empty Stadium.
Strike 3 - Docked points.

There is only one club and it's cronies who vote against this. This is the same club who year after year is fined by UEFA for their behaviour.

Suddenly, the focus on last night's singing makes sense. The news reports will have footage of us only

Humza will no doubt respond like he always does, by allowing himself to be photographed lighting a candle in George Square for the victims of sectarianism.

The fact that these three people are mentioned has more to do with how our society and standards have slipped. As a nation we have been negligent.
You are spot on sir.

Since the 80's when their papal master appeared in Scotland and gave them a call to arms, they have worked their way into positions of power and influence that they should be nowhere near. We've sat back and watch this unfold in front of us.

What we are seeing today is a result of several decades of timmy determination to get into where it matters. Sadly, they have succeeded and we are facing the consequences of that.

I actually hope they do bring in strict liability now , put an end to this shite once and for all .

The last football act was brought in hoping to penalise only Rangers fans, didn’t work out that way so they got rid of that .

The same will happen with strict liability , but there will be no going back from it .

Bring it on .

Hope they’re a bit more objective than UEFA have been with that lot mate. It was a disgracefully low fine for that neds kick on Mbappe for instance.

this is why the statement from the club was totally wrong and poor. They could have said what they did about last night but also mentioned that they want Police Scotland and the Scottish media to show the same level of concern when Rangers fans are being subjected to Sectarian abuse from opposing fans inside our own stadium.

this is why the statement from the club was totally wrong and poor. They could have said what they did about last night but also mentioned that they want Police Scotland and the Scottish media to show the same level of concern when Rangers fans are being subjected to Sectarian abuse from opposing fans inside our own stadium.
It has to be said, but our clubs handling of things like this has been nothing short of incompetent.

Biggest club in Scotland, biggest fanbase, yet we are pissed all over from every angle with no attempt to really hit back where it matters. We continue to allow ourselves to be a sitting duck.

It has to be said, but our clubs handling of things like this has been nothing short of incompetent.

Biggest club in Scotland, biggest fanbase, yet we are pissed all over from every angle with no attempt to really hit back where it matters. We continue to allow ourselves to be a sitting duck.

When king & co took the reigns in 2015 we were told they would beef up the boardroom in a political sense, sadly it's still lacking in 2019.

Rangers as a club still aren't at the races in this warfare, which is ridiculous given plenty of fans are more savvy at understanding the game than the club.

There is only one club and it's cronies who vote against this. This is the same club who year after year is fined by UEFA for their behaviour.
The piggery has been shut down before. Things have only got worse.

....SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster and I recently met with Cabinet Secretary for Justice Humza Yousaf, Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing Joe Fitzpatrick and Police Scotland Assistant Chief Constable Bernie Higgins ..........

Jesust wept !!!!! :eek: F.uck me!!!!

And the only answer is Protestant Extermination Camps.

We can all ridicule the statement but the simple fact remains that the singing of certain songs and certain words are going to get us done.I couldn't give 2 flying f*cks if the other mob do it..I'm only concerned with my club.Yoi can talk about agendas etc,but the simple answer is to stop singing songs with the word 19th Century Terrorist in it and other banned songs.
Disagree with any of this and you don't care about your club...simple!

We can all ridicule the statement but the simple fact remains that the singing of certain songs and certain words are going to get us done.I couldn't give 2 flying f*cks if the other mob do it..I'm only concerned with my club.Yoi can talk about agendas etc,but the simple answer is to stop singing songs with the word 19th Century Terrorist in it and other banned songs.
Disagree with any of this and you don't care about your club...simple!

Why is 'Finian' a crime?

Yes but it’s going to be tims or Rangers haters highlighting any songs. We have seen how this plays out with the trial by tv/mhedia already.

Ian Maxwell, Chief Executive at the Scottish FA: "The Scottish FA condemns in the strongest possible terms the spate of incidents this season involving unacceptable conduct in Scottish football. This season we have witnessed match officials and players hit by coins, sectarian singing at matches and abusive and threatening behaviour towards match officials, players, managers and coaching staff. This behaviour is completely unacceptable and simply has no place in football, or indeed Scottish society.

"Football has a responsibility to take action. We must do all that we can under our current rules and engage with clubs to seek to eradicate such behaviour.

"This issue, however, is not one that football can solve on its own. To that end, SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster and I recently met with Cabinet Secretary for Justice Humza Yousaf, Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing Joe Fitzpatrick and Police Scotland Assistant Chief Constable Bernie Higgins to discuss unacceptable conduct in football and how we can work together to address this.

"We will seek further discussions in light of the most recent events to maintain the momentum for change."

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-fa-statement-on-unacceptable-conduct/?rid=14258

It’s ok folks Humza is involved, panick over.
this is a joke,Steve Clarke is a screwball like Lennon,why do idiots set the agenda in this small minded once great country?

Back