SG on the fans

I can't explain it fully but there is something a wee bit different about the team this year compared to last. Aye, we started last season well but the players have a certain swagger about them that they didn't have 12 months ago. Also, The Gaffer seems to have found an edge that I've not seen before. You saw it in his post match interview today when he was a bit mixed about the performance and saying we "didn't get out of first gear".

Plus, The Bears are ganting to go and watch some actual football and it's a bit of a bummer that Easter Road will be empty on Sunday.

This is going to be a special season for us.

The players have their belief back, that was lacking from January onwards.

Take Tav as the prime example. A Tav lacking confidence is either avoiding hitting that free kick yesterday, or smashing it off the wall/over the bar. Instead he makes it clear to Hagi that he's hitting it, then smashes it in the top bin!

Nice words.

But I bet the players are getting on just fine, without the pressure of the fans; I hope the no fans continues for the rest of the season.

And I paid £719 for my renewal.

£719... wow. You're better than the rest of us.

Gerrard won the most incredible Champions League final ever. But if he wins us title 55 this season he has no idea just how enormous and unforgettable the fan celebrations are going to be.
This is the truth.

Goldson, Tav and even Kent look like different players. If you look at the match threads you can see when the groans would start. It has helped (no fans) and hopefully when fans get back the form and confidence will be there and they can kick on regardless. Dave King spoke about the pack of cards, I think one trophy and this team will kick on to a level we haven't seen.

IMO our fans are the best,I genuinely believe no other team in the world could have survived what we have been through.We had world record crowds at lower league games while the tramps were using tarpaulins to hide the thousands of empty seats while having a free run.
Having said that we do have a noisy minority of bangers who totally over react at the first misplaced pass.Players are human and if fans are constantly on their backs it will affect their confidence.The only time I would criticise a player is for having the wrong attitude or lack of effort.
Hopefully we can get back in the new year and help push them over the line to 55.

It seems there are 'fans' on here who actually hate the supporters who go to matches. It's fuckin insane some of the shite that is spouted on here.
pretty sure he means he will give up people going to games as a trade off to us stopping 9.75 this year.

due to nobody grumbling, groaning and booing etc from the stands as soon as the first miss hit pass goes into touch?

The inference is always that the team does better with no fans. Has it to be a permanent thing in your view, or solely to be once we win the title then (if allowed by COVID guidelines) we come back as all will be well?

We started with the idea that no away fans is great according to some, now it's no home fans? Even by FF standards this has to be right up there with the most bizarre.
The problem with inference is that it is perception based from the individual and the subsequent frailties of the human condition then come into it.

in simple terms my reply is that if it was indeed helping the team this season and that small margin of gain was to help us win the league in this season of all seasons then if I could sign up to that outcome now I would take it.....im sure the majority of Rangers fans Worldwide would also take stopping the mhanks dead in their tracks this season over attending Ibrox personally. I place the Team and it’s success over my own gain.

The problem with inference is that it is perception based from the individual and the subsequent frailties of the human condition then come into it.

in simple terms my reply is that if it was indeed helping the team this season and that small margin of gain was to help us win the league in this season of all seasons then if I could sign up to that outcome now I would take it.....im sure the majority of Rangers fans Worldwide would also take stopping the mhanks dead in their tracks this season over attending Ibrox personally. I place the Team and it’s success over my own gain.

So what happens the season after......then after. You are going to advocate for yourself never going to go back as you place the team's success over your own personal gain, and all other fans too...?

If you really feel match going supporters not going are the key to success then there's not much else to be said. If you go in the first place it's sad you'll need to give it up.

Hopefully by the time we get back everyone will be so relieved they just get behind the team no matter what. Altho this is what happens when everyone has to sit.

I was there yesterday and i find your statement ridiculous,was worth the cost just for the 2 minutes seeing the team going on the bus to the game and their faces were the same as ours. They appreiciated us being there.
They got a bus to the game?ffs its literally a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Could have used the walk as part of prematch warm up

So what happens the season after......then after. You are going to advocate for yourself never going to go back as you place the team's success over your own personal gain, and all other fans too...?

If you really feel match going supporters not going are the key to success then there's not much else to be said. If you go in the first place it's sad you'll need to give it up.
You fail to grasp that this season is different to all others for some strange strange reason! Weird!

Gerrard won the most incredible Champions League final ever. But if he wins us title 55 this season he has no idea just how enormous and unforgettable the fan celebrations are going to be.

I fear for Glasgow the weekend this happens, and also my health lol

It seems there are 'fans' on here who actually hate the supporters who go to matches. It's fuckin insane some of the shite that is spouted on here.

They moan an groan at a slack pass, they get on the players backs, tens of thousands leave before the ninety minutes and that’s not shite. That’s the truth!

You fail to grasp that this season is different to all others for some strange strange reason! Weird!

I'm not failing to grasp anything. What is weird is that you failed to address what I asked. Or is it not actually weird and we both know why you never?

Last edited:
Back