Shagger??.. No Further Action ....

Being honest that’s a horrendous decision.

His only manager confirmed he kicked out and the idiots still didn’t cite him.

Not going to complain obviously but still a ridiculous decision.

Wee Kheevins will be spewing!
Last night he said it was as clear a red card as you'll ever see so....over to you Clare!
Yep, our impartial media openly inviting the compliance officer to ban a Rangers player.
Scumbag!

Seen it on a few message boards and reddit, they are none too pleased.

Funny enough they seem to think we started it, many have forgotten Brown kicking the Accies player in the face though.

Seen it on a few message boards and reddit, they are none too pleased.

Funny enough they seem to think we started it, many have forgotten Brown kicking the Accies player in the face though.

They also still seem to think that Brown's elbow on Naismith was accidental. Naismith's kick on Brown was thrown out so that Brown's elbow wasn't looked at, and the precedent was set for McGregor.

McGregor is not guilty of any offence punishable by retrospective action. The rules are absolutely clear on this!

SFA Rule 200 (https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3999/scottish-fa-jpp-18_19.pdf)

"Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or any other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match offi cials at the time that it was committed the mandatory suspension for that sending off offence as provided for in Annex C of the Judicial Panel Protocol shall be applied to the player.

Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13."

IFAB definitions (http://www.theifab.com/laws/fouls-and-misconduct/chapters/disciplinary-action)

"SERIOUS FOUL PLAY
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

"VIOLENT CONDUCT
Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible."

I listened to Sportsound last night and a journalist (think it was Stephen McGowan) pointed out that over the summer FIFA had changed it's rules in regards to kick outs.

It's now only a red card if it's excessive force designed to injury an opponent. McGregor was stupid and it was petulant, but the panel have decided that it wasn't excessive. Which is fair enough. There was no lasting damage on Ajer and it was a flick out = yellow card. FIFA felt too many players were getting sent off for very little and therefore opted for a change.

You then had people like Michael Stewart (and Sutton on Twitter) crying about how the majority of the public would deem this to be a red, yet the majority of people don't understand the rules of the game. Pundits should know better too and keep up with the game changes.

Then again, some figures in the media feed off stoking the flames of conspiracy, stirring up division, so why would they want to report the facts?

This is absolutely correct the laws have changed and it now as you say kicks have to be deemed excessive.

Morelos against Aberdeen wasn’t ……neither was this …although probably neither of them would have got away with this last season if he had been playing in SPFL!

As for pundits ……I think some people are forgetting one the purposes of these so called pundits.

Yes they are supposed to spout their knowledge and of course give their opinion…but most if not all of them are as thick as a dockers sandwhich.

They are also there to stir up controversy on whatever show they pollute which supposedly is what the producers of these shows think the audience want to hear.

Your friend Stewart is prime example …argues to the death about nothing he knows anything about…’toys are out the pram’ on every show he does.

On Sunday I heard Dalziel possibly the thickest of them all…argue and put down StevieG as a novice of the game of football.

In football terms………if Stevie G was walking down a street full of dog shit……Dalziel is notfit enough to even be the dog shit under his shoes!

Outrage. Masonic konspirensy. I'm delighted but SG should be having a wee word in his ear because we'd be raging if the Legoeaters got away with that.
Outrage. Masonic konspirensy. I'm delighted but SG should be having a wee word in his ear because we’ll be raging when the Legoeaters got away with that.

Fixed that for you.

I listened to Sportsound last night and a journalist (think it was Stephen McGowan) pointed out that over the summer FIFA had changed it's rules in regards to kick outs.

It's now only a red card if it's excessive force designed to injury an opponent. McGregor was stupid and it was petulant, but the panel have decided that it wasn't excessive. Which is fair enough. There was no lasting damage on Ajer and it was a flick out = yellow card. FIFA felt too many players were getting sent off for very little and therefore opted for a change.

You then had people like Michael Stewart (and Sutton on Twitter) crying about how the majority of the public would deem this to be a red, yet the majority of people don't understand the rules of the game. Pundits should know better too and keep up with the game changes.

Then again, some figures in the media feed off stoking the flames of conspiracy, stirring up division, so why would they want to report the facts?

I was unaware of that change.

On that basis, there was no case to answer and that lot have done us no favours at all with the correct decision.

Why wasn't the diving cheat, Christie cited? That's the real question

This is absolutely correct the laws have changed and it now as you say kicks have to be deemed excessive.

Morelos against Aberdeen wasn’t ……neither was this …although probably neither of them would have got away with this last season if he had been playing in SPFL!

As for pundits ……I think some people are forgetting one the purposes of these so called pundits.

Yes they are supposed to spout their knowledge and of course give their opinion…

1/but most if not all of them are as thick as a dockers sandwhich.

They are also there to stir up controversy on whatever show they pollute which supposedly is what the producers of these shows think the audience want to hear.

Your friend Stewart is prime example …argues to the death about nothing he knows anything about…’toys are out the pram’ on every show he does.

2/ On Sunday I heard Dalziel possibly the thickest of them all…argue and put down StevieG as a novice of the game of football.

In football terms………if Stevie G was walking down a street full of dog shit……Dalziel is notfit enough to even be the dog shit under his shoes!
1/ really?
2/ Gordon Dalziel is from the same mould as Billy Dodds.
Footballing retards.
Dalziel slating Gerrard, last year he was telling us that Morelos wasn’t a good player.
He’s a tramp, a scumbag in the same way as a Peter Grant and Tom Boyd.

McGregor is not guilty of any offence punishable by retrospective action. The rules are absolutely clear on this!

SFA Rule 200 (https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/3999/scottish-fa-jpp-18_19.pdf)

"Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or any other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match offi cials at the time that it was committed the mandatory suspension for that sending off offence as provided for in Annex C of the Judicial Panel Protocol shall be applied to the player.

Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13."

IFAB definitions (http://www.theifab.com/laws/fouls-and-misconduct/chapters/disciplinary-action)

"SERIOUS FOUL PLAY
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

"VIOLENT CONDUCT
Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible."
I was trying to find why Morelos was sent off at Sheepville.
Still trying to find out!

There will be a few foaming at the mouth over this. I'm certain if this happened before the OF game he would have been suspended.

Maybe i'm just being paranoid after so many bad deicions against us, but this just feels like their way of appearing to be unbias, so it doesn't look so bad the next time we get fucked over by them. I'd bet if our first two games after the break were hibs and hearts, shagger would have been given a ban.

Same question for me.

Why wasn’t he even cited ? Did nobody report it ?

We had a ban for Aluko for less a few years back .
exactly. this is why the club must maintain a dossier on all this double standards as its too easy to forget the details as time goes by.

I was trying to find why Morelos was sent off at Sheepville.
Still trying to find out!

His sending off was not consistent with the "Laws of the Game" promulgated and amended by IFAB, and was therefore rescinded. Damage already done though...

His sending off was not consistent with the "Laws of the Game" promulgated and amended by IFAB, and was therefore rescinded. Damage already done though...
Absolutely correct.
We’ve seen this too often in the last while.
We got off with it in Europe where neither decision would have been made most of the time.
Last season as well, the Hibs game with Smeaton in particular.

Don't be kidded here, we only got this decision because beast FC won the game, this can now be used by the SPFL as an example of how fair they are to us, we shall never actually get the big decisions go our way on or off the park until we break up the mentally challenged cabal which infests the Scottish game. Had we won on Sunday I have no doubt that the SPFL findings regarding shagger would have been entirely different.

No luck involved the sfa made an arse of it by letting naismith off with kicking out so they didn't have to hammer brown for an elbow
That's it in a nutshell everyone of them probably deserved a ban going by the rules but they wanted Brown let off,I wonder who is going to be the first poor sap to get a ban off them because strictly speaking every player deserves at least one freebie now.

A thread full of people who are ignorant of the rules on red card offences, even though the rules are posted on this very thread.

Incredible that some think a Rangers player has committed a red card offence against the mhanks and their place men have just ignored it. :D

That’s what happens when you put a female in charge of decisions about shagger :D
giphy.gif

It’s working it’s way out of any usefulness it might have had by itself. There are so many precedents now, it’ll be getting next to impossible to ban anyone. This joke has more than ran it’s course.

I learned today on Heart and Hand that precedents aren't actually taken into account.

There's nothing fair about any of it.

I'm pleased McGregor is not banned because he is one of ours. It's a pretty ridiculous decision though since he defo kicked an opposition player. Then again so is it that the sellick diver isn't punished or the ref for fecking up at the "goal". All in all pathetic refereeing and governance.

I was unaware of that change.

On that basis, there was no case to answer and that lot have done us no favours at all with the correct decision.

Why wasn't the diving cheat, Christie cited? That's the real question

Not many people are as the media aren't interested in broadcasting it.

I think a 2 game ban is excessive but Jamie Walker was given it last season after a dive against Celtic, with Scott Brown calling him a cheat.

It's amazing the amount of Bears who want Rangers players to get banned for non red cardable offences.

And who are cool with refs not giving fouls that create an additional 3 point gap between ourselves and the sons of dan.

Yes they are supposed to spout their knowledge and of course give their opinion…but most if not all of them are as thick as a dockers sandwhich.

On Sunday I heard Dalziel possibly the thickest of them all…argue and put down StevieG as a novice of the game of football.

What annoys me is a couple of petulant kicks have received more commentary and analysis in the media than the 2 incidents which have resulted in 2 of our players being injured. May on Jack and the St Mirren player on Coulibally.

These were incidents were excessive force was used and resulted in two of players having to miss matches as a result, one of whom had to go to hospital with concussion (not even a booking for May). Neither incident was brought up again the next day.

So with Macgregor's flick out...Was anyone badly hurt or badly injured? No. Did we gain an advatange because of it? No. Did it contribute to the result of the game? No. Was it a bookable offence? Yes.

The media in this country are a joke.

Ajer was crawling all over mcgregors legs stopping him getting up.is that not a foul.

I think you’re blatantly wrong mate. It’s a flick not even looking at Ajer while also trying to extricate himself from being kept down when the ball is live.We’ll agree to disagree on the incident itself.

Even if you were right you’d want to know why Lustig and Christie were not cited?You’d also want to know why Brown has never been cited for a long run of similar ( and worse) incidents?

The whole process stinks - whilst I think McGregor was/is lucky I would be here all night listing the ones against us that are ignored including Sunday starting with Christie

Back