Shankland rumour

Sorry OP but prepare yourself

And FWIW I would have taken him a while back but not now. We need much better.

We should have added Shanks to our ranks a couple of years ago but I don't think we should be paying a fee for him to be our third or fourth striker. Not the kind of fee Dundee United will be looking for, anyway.

HITC

"Rangers fans slam striker after Ibrox display"

Turns out it's like 2 virgins on twitter out of hundreds of thousands of fans

Up there with football insider in the clickbait shite stakes

Not comfortable given Utd a fee, they hold the aces now that he’s a Scotland international.

He is one of our own and he’s definitely got something about him. Whether he could make the step up I don’t know.

We’ve missed the boat when he was a punt.

Paying £2m plus to Dundee Utd would be daft on multiple levels.

Last year was the time to take a punt on him, because that is what it would be.

For the money that would be involved now, it is not for us.

I think hollicom are spinning this.

Jesus fucking christ.

200.gif

Gaining traction again.
Could there be something to this?

If so and he is added as part of our strike force… is it a yay or a nay?

Not a single shot on goal against 10 men St Johnstone at the weekend and a less than impressive performance in the bounce game against our 3rd choice defence would make this unlikely imo.

Nicky Clark looked sharper than him in both games.

I said we should have signed him last season for nothing.
Wages would have been buttons and even on a 2 year deal.
It would be embarrassing if we now signed him and paid money for him.

In no way could he be a replacement for Alfie. He could however come in and play the Kris Boyd role of scoring plenty against the Spfl jobbers but we would still need to sign someone else to lead the line in the big games.

With Shankland there is no real rush - we can see how he gets on for the first 8 games before the window closes and evaluate him then. It is a maybe for me.

what if he scores 8 goals ? His value goes up and up. If we don’t think he’s good enough now then we shouldnt be interested.

How would it be embarrassing?
And a fee of 1-2 million ? for doing no different than he did with Ayr.
Now if he had been in the SPL and scored say 20 goals, then maybe as a 3rd striker.
We have too many below average players for a club like Rangers.
Docherty, barker, mcrorie, stewart, hastie and jones.

How grim !

May I remind people that Jason Holt scored 15 plus goals in the championship, its as dire a level as you could possibly get.

Imagine he had to lead the line against Jullien and Ajer due to injuries? absolutely no chance !

And some people want to actually pay for him ? if he was free maybe as a punt as a 3rd/4th choice but i wouldn't pay a single penny for him.

Last edited:
And a fee of 1-2 million ? for doing no different than he did with Ayr.
Now if he had been in the SPL and scored say 20 goals, then maybe as a 3rd striker.
We have too many below average players for a club like Rangers.
Docherty, barker, mcrorie, stewart, hastie and jones.

Defoe will score more goals as a back up Rangers striker than Shankland could ever dream of mate.

Totally different level of player.

Whether shanklands good enough for us is another matter but he's far better than clark
You may be right but my point is he’s not proven at a decent level. Remember Clark scored over 30 goals for QOS in the season before we signed him but couldn’t step it up

As much as i want Rangers supporting players making it at our club,very few can do it.
Plenty in that vein in the past few years and no silverware to show for it.

Nay for me, I just think this would be a kind of Nicky Clark signing, very good in the championship level but just can't make it in the Premiership, might be wrong?

Back