Shankland rumour

Can't see how people can write off Shankland when he has never been tested at top level.I think given the chances he would have created for him he could do well for us based on his record to date.

Could be a good chance of the poster said mentioned Stewart he only signed on a two year deal so he really needs to move on for us to make anything back

Could even see docherty etc being used

He’s the best Scottish striking prospect for years and we should have taken a punt on him when he was at Ayr,Dealing with the DABS goes against the grain and it would need to be really cheap.

I wouldn't give a single penny to any other Scottish clubs again apart from development fees to steal their upcoming talent. The days of us keeping them afloat / holding us to ransom should be long gone.

We should have snapped him up before he went to them
But would be be cutting our nose off to spite our face and then see the bheggers get him For 2 million when eduarde gets sold for 20Million

Bad business is the usual with us.
Maybe changing with Ross Wilson on board.
It would be a panic buy, if he cost nothing a year ago, whats the difference now.
A panic buy? Not with 7 or 8 weeks of the window left.

As for bad business being "the usual with us" - remind me how much we paid for Alfie v what he's potentially going for?

What about Hagi? Balogun? Barisic? Katic? Tav? Jack? Kamara? Do they represent bad business?

Even Kent, our largest outlay for decades, is not bad business.

I think you need to cut back on the hyperbole.

Clark has scored plenty in the championship now tbf

0 in 30 games for QOTS, 10 in 55 games for us, 29 in 62 games for Dunfermline and 15 in 43 games for Dundee Utd.

Total: 54 in 190 games.

Last 3 seasons Shankland has 91 in 103 games (including Scottish Cup & League Cup).

0 in 30 games for QOTS, 10 in 55 games for us, 29 in 62 games for Dunfermline and 15 in 43 games for Dundee Utd.

Total: 54 in 190 games.

Last 3 seasons Shankland has 91 in 103 games (including Scottish Cup & League Cup).

Yes, so Nicky Clark has scored in the championship

Not keen on giving any decent amount of cash to Dundee Hivs but if we could get Shankland on loan with an option to buy we could test out whether he’s worth decent money at the top level (say £1.5m).

Not keen on giving any decent amount of cash to Dundee Hivs but if we could get Shankland on loan with an option to buy we could test out whether he’s worth decent money at the top level (say £1.5m).

Mate there's a massive thread about two strikers signing for £9m plus add ons. Shankland is not coming here this year

Yes, so Nicky Clark has scored in the championship

I never said that he hadn't scored in the Championship.

If you scroll up the page you will see I said "His record in Division 1 with QOTS - what is now the Championship - was 0 goals in 30 games."

A panic buy? Not with 7 or 8 weeks of the window left.

As for bad business being "the usual with us" - remind me how much we paid for Alfie v what he's potentially going for?

What about Hagi? Balogun? Barisic? Katic? Tav? Jack? Kamara? Do they represent bad business?

Even Kent, our largest outlay for decades, is not bad business.

I think you need to cut back on the hyperbole.
You wouldnt get your money back for Kent.
There s no bids going in for the players you mentioned and the last time i looked morelos was still here.
Morelos will be a one off , at the moment.
Have you forgot the bad business of pena, grezda, barker, hastie, jones, etc
Obviously with Ross Wilson there, i expect the bad business side to reduce.
You cannot deny that the amount of bad business that has been carried out from managers to players appointments.

There s no bids going in for the players you mentioned and the last time i looked morelos was still here.
You cannot deny that the amount of bad business that has been carried out from managers to players appointments.
Whaaat a lot of horse dung, yes there have been some poor signings but the book value of each and every one of our starting 11 with exception of greegs has risen

Aye. Right.

You're at it.

Good day, sir.

He's a more mobile Boyd who scores less goals, I'm glad our ambition seems to be higher than him tbh.

We should've have signed him a few years back and be cashing in on him now.

He's a more mobile Boyd who scores less goals, I'm glad our ambition seems to be higher than him tbh.

We should've have signed him a few years back and be cashing in on him now.
I don't think we should have signed him at all. He's not good enough for where we are aiming.

you mean we surely?

Absolute rocket.

I hope for your own sake this is fishing. Absolute dung!

All the people saying ‘aye take him as back up’ etc can finally just admit first he isn’t good enough and we are aiming much much higher.
Said from the start of window we won’t be in for dykes,shankland,Ferguson or whoever because we are after QUALITY.
Gaffer said as much but still have people going on about bang average spfl players.

Shankland, Dykes, Ferguson..... any of them signed yet?

Not seen many of their fanboys banging the drum for them lately.....

Latest posts

Back