Sharkheid battles; Lennon v Penrice

What is abundantly clear is they need major reconstruction work.
The not good enoughs, the want aways, the "bored" - its quite simply delicious.
That said however, things change very quick in football, and we aren't guaranteed SG (and his backroom staff) forever.

Agent mate of mine told me this morning of this...

Lennon been phoning agents this week to say that any players being offered to the chamber of secrets have to go through him and no one else.

Agents have then been phoning the Head of Recruitment, Gary Penrice, who has been confirming this is bollocks and player recruitment continues to goes through him. He’s been following up the conversation with an email confirming the policy and apparently names Lennon specifically as a not to be contacted person....

Tim battles, love it.
Their head of recruitment is that Hammond that used to be West Broms is it not

Same here, yet that lot know the name of our kit man!

I read something about the bheast the other day and realised I was completely unaware that Bankier was their chairman.

Yet as you point out they even know and have a song about our kit-man.

Neic is finished at the Chamber of Secrets. He’s hated by everyone. So it makes sense by the club’s hierarchy to ensure he has absolutely no input in transfers.
I’d love to see the email confirming Neic has not to be contacted, officially making him persona non grata.
B-D
I say status quo as far as their recruitment goes. It's been tremendous for a while now. Why louse it up at this late stage?

Neic is finished at the Chamber of Secrets. He’s hated by everyone. So it makes sense by the club’s hierarchy to ensure he has absolutely no input in transfers.
I’d love to see the email confirming Neic has not to be contacted, officially making him persona non grata.
B-D
What happened to the "great guy, fantastic sense of humour" so beloved by Chuck Dung ?

New Celtic head of recruitment Gary Penrice has revealed he is watching 240 players as he puts his Hoops signing plans in place.

The former Bristol Rovers, Watford and QPR striker has been a scout for almost 14 years at various clubs and joined up with Nick Hammond at Celtic in December on a consultancy basis.

He also played at Aston Villa after being signed by former Celtic boss Dr Jo Venglos.

And he confesses he is loving life in the role as he gets to do his work from the comfort of his home in the Cotswolds.

The Hoops have been lauded for their recruitment work and and Penrice is hoping he will be a key contributor in helping unearth more gems in the coming years.

Speaking to Bristol Live about his current job, he said: "I have just been appointed head of recruitment at Celtic – and been connected to the club in a consultancy basis since December.

"Nick Hammond is there who I worked with at West Brom, I get on well with Nick. But prior to then I sorted scouting department out at QPR, I was at West Brom and Everton running their scouting networks.

"I also had my own scouting project, which is one of the biggest in Europe. And I do it all from home. I have never moved house in 27 years, and currently live in the Cotswolds, so not far away from Bristol.

"I moved a lot as a player, so to be honest it's nice to stay put. And I’ve obviously worked as a coach and assistant manager, which involved moving around as well, which drives you mad, but doing this you don’t need to.

"I can travel from here, or hop on a plane and be where I need to be."

The current coronavirus pandemic means there's no games being played anywhere but Penrice insists it hasn't made much difference to his job - in fact he's even busier than normal.

From his base, he's currently looking through the players that he feels could be of use to Neil Lennon's men and it's currently sitting at a a whopping 240.

He added: "Not that much to be honest, as there are other ways of doing things now. Obviously I can’t travel to see games, and there aren’t any anyway! But I can keep in contact with people. It’s actually been busy, manic, catching up with all stuff, and tapping into a huge global market.

"Celtic’s market is absolutely huge. It’s global. I am currently watching 240 players."

West Brom, QPR and Everton must be gutted that he is no longer with them.

That's embarrassing, sounds like he's sitting with his feet up, stealing a wage. Lovely stuff, let's hope he can unearth another Barkas or Duffy :))

I said on here, around September October time, niec will be gone at the end of the season whatever happens in the title race. I still stand by that! Lol

If this is true & he's insistent on dealing with transfers then he can't be on his way out the door, surely...
The tramp is finished at the mentally challengeds. Dead man walking and as soon as they can find a solution ( money ) he will be gone. If they cant get an agreement he will hang on till the summer and then be replaced. Nobody would take that job under the present circumstances, apart from Kennedy or McGhee.

The tramp is finished at the mentally challengeds. Dead man walking and as soon as they can find a solution ( money ) he will be gone. If they cant get an agreement he will hang on till the summer and then be replaced. Nobody would take that job under the present circumstances, apart from Kennedy or McGhee.
I've thought as much but I just can't see him being allowed to bring his own players in if he's got 1 foot out the door. Warring with the scout makes out he's got plans for next season.

Back