Sheep FC statement

The Aberdeen support voted to kick us out of football. Not demoted, out, gone, bye bye Rangers. Milne stood by and allowed them that privilege.

I’m not telling anyone how they should feel about the situation but I think you should remember that when you feel any sort of sadness for that football club.

If the SFA or SPFL suspend FFP, as our neighbours have done down south. What would it mean for us if we were to follow suit?

This is a thread I posted yesterday.

Not really caring if it's a correct decision or not. Only interested in how it may affect us should it be decreed in ze natsi jockland.

Just curious as to what clubs it may or may not be an advantage for.

What would it mean to spfl clubs...
.... given that we all know that the season should be null and void to protect the integrity of Scottish Football in this rancid wee country? It does strike me as a sensible decision, could allow Big Bears could step up and pay.

With all that’s going on in the world right now we should sympathise with anyone who’s suffering.

Reality is we are talking about a club who’s fans sing songs about the Ibrox disaster and Ian Durrant’s injury amongst other things.

The club themselves would rather have rows of empty red seats than sell them to us or Celtic when both Glasgow clubs would easily fill them.

Taking all that into account it’s a nae luck from me.

Untill im sure rangers can get through this, I'll take no pleasure.. we couldnt be left with a league resembling the juniors after this and many players will not be there.. fans wont be able to afford to pay season tickets

I'm holding off laughing at any clubs at the moment.

We are all going to struggle massively.

It's naive to think we won't be impacted in anyways

I wont say some posters on here have very short memories.
Nothing and i mean nothing will shift my stance on these clubs who wanted us dead.
Nothing stays the same in this world and right now iam worried about my auld ma and the rest of my immediate family due to this virus!
Iam certainly not worried about Aberdeen and Hearts!
Excellent response.

The point he makes up no player sales (and likely no purchases) in the summer is another reason the beasts shouldn't be handed a title.
Basically most if not every club will have to go with more or less the same squads.
Thereby virtually handing the filth TIAR.

Sorry, but the only club I care about anywhere is Rangers. If Aberdeen fold we will have other opponents filling the gap.

I don’t know what impact this will have on Rangers yet. Until then, I hope Aberdeen FC and their fans rot.

What about the government paying 80% of wages?
Does this not apply to football clubs?

I would have thought that wages would be their largest expenditure.

As much as I hate that club and it’s fans, I wouldn’t like to see the switch being pulled on them.

We need the big atmospheric games against them. Filth, Hibs, Hearts etc., Would be boring as fuq if we replaced them with Raith, Arbroath, Ayr etc..

What about the government paying 80% of wages?
Does this not apply to football clubs?

I would have thought that wages would be their largest expenditure.

Aye I was thinking about this. Up to 2500 and I imagine a sizeable chunk of SPL players are on around that or less than so a sizeable amount will be getting picked up by the Government. It’s clubs like Hearts with no insurance and Aberdeen who pretend they’re a big team and probably have a few 5k plus earners who will struggle big time in the short term. Every team will struggle past the summer if this continues for a long time though.

article-2309412-194ED469000005DC-439_306x423.jpg

It would not be wrong to enjoy some schadenfreude right now, but the whole of Scottish football could ultimately lose out if too many clubs go to the wall.
What you have to remember is that the whole of Scottish football came after us when they smelt blood and plunged the knife in hoping we would die.
Yes we will be effected but apart from the unwashed hordes we know as a support we can drag ourselves back from any hardship, the last eight years have proved that.
Not one single bit of sympathy will I give the shower of shitebags should any one of them sink.

It would not be wrong to enjoy some schadenfreude right now, but the whole of Scottish football could ultimately lose out if too many clubs go to the wall.

I hope some of the scum clubs that have taken great pleasure in trying to destroy us, collapse.

There is a good future without scum like Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs. May some new clubs can come through and dissolve the scum element in Scottish football.

Yesterday we updated staff and, subsequently, the media on the exceptional circumstances we find ourselves in. We pulled no punches about the stark reality facing Aberdeen Football Club because we believe it is important in these times to show clear, decisive leadership and, above all, transparency.

I must caveat this by saying that, in these unprecedented and worrying times, what happens in football needs to be put into context. Every individual, every business and every organisation will be acutely feeling the reverberations of the unfolding events.

And because the Dons play an important part in my life and your lives, we are committed to steering the Club through this incredibly challenging period. When we get through this, which we will, and football resumes, we want to be in the best shape we can be, on and off the pitch.

Showing solidarity and support for our fans and the community

I’m proud and humbled that the Club’s first response to the fast-moving events in the last week was to consider how it could support the community through this unparalleled crisis. AFC has been at the heart of our community for over 100 years and we have marshalled our forces, using the power of and passion for AFC as a force for social good for that community.

Our community campaign has two key components:

• To use our unique platform to connect with people of all ages, from all backgrounds across all parts of the city region and beyond, providing them with AFC-based content which educates, comforts, reassures and even brings a smile to all those affected, but particularly those suffering from loneliness, anxiety and fear while being forced to stay at home.
  • To provide practical support, through the work of the AFC Community Trust, to those in need and, potentially, to the emergency services as and when they require it.
Our current position

Three weeks ago we were in a healthy financial position; free of external debt, with £1.5million in the bank. We had expected income of about £1million from four home league games and the Scottish Cup Semi-Final and, potentially, £5million in season ticket sales, seasonal hospitality and new shirt sales coming in through mid-July.

Our monthly running costs are about £1.2million and it’s only prudent to assume there will be no football until July perhaps, at the earliest.

During this period, we are facing £5million in outgoings with no expected income. No matches are planned and we have no idea when a new season starts, never mind the current season ending, and it is highly unlikely there will be any player sales in the summer.

This situation is clearly unsustainable. No club, whatever their size, scale or level of investment, can withstand a total lack of income over a period of anything between three to six months.

We are doing everything we can to mitigate this collapse of income over the next few months and protect our hard-working, dedicated and loyal workforce and all those who depend on the Club.

Working together

Once we have clarity and certainty on what happens next, the Board will recommend a course of action to ensure the Club’s survival. This will include asking investors, including myself, to support the plan. We will be facing some tough decisions and we will need everyone to come together and play their part in efforts to secure the Club’s future.

I fully appreciate that our supporters have their own challenges at this time but, as the Chairman, it is incumbent on me to appeal to all our Dons fans, partners and sponsors to do what you can to support the Club at this critical time.

I’ve been heartened by the messages of support I have received from fans asking what they can do to help the Club through this really difficult period.

I’m hugely encouraged by those still buying season tickets, renewing or subscribing to AberDNA and buying merchandise on-line. This underlines the amazing and loyal support we have from the Red Army.

Like you, I love our Club and what we stand for. We are determined to get through this and I am confident we will, if we all stand together.

Please remain safe and well and do what all good Dons’ fans already do: look out for each other and look after those in our community who need it most.

#StandFree!

Dave Cormack
Chairman

You can support the club in the following ways:

Season Tickets 20/21

Earlier this month we launched the sale of season tickets for the 20/21 season with a commitment to improving atmosphere and the overall matchday experience for supporters with a view to making Pittodrie everything that it should be in our final few years here.

Once again, we are working with V12 Season Ticket Finance to help supporters spread the cost of their season ticket. To help make things easier we are also covering the interest costs for supporters who select the 6 month or 4 month payment options.

Season Tickets remain available to purchase and renew online at afc.co.uk/eTickets

For full season ticket information click here.

AberDNA

AberDNA is a membership initiative which aims to capture the imagination of not only local, but national and international supporters. Unlike season tickets or other memberships, all profits from AberDNA are used exclusively to support the Football Operation.

Since its introduction in 2018 AberDNA members have contributed over £1 million directly to the Football Operation, this contribution from almost 6,000 members around the world is now a critical part of the football budget.

In return for your support of the Football Operation, via a monthly or annual payment plan, supporters can join one of six different membership categories and will receive a range of benefits, including a replica shirt, discounts on season tickets and club merchandise.

To find out more about becoming a member and making a direct contribution to the Football Operation click here

Retail

Our online store afc.co.uk/shop also remains available with further reductions now made on 2019/20 replica kit and Adidas trainingwear as part of our sale. 2019/20 home shirts are available priced at £18 for Adults and £12 for Youths.

Shop online
daffy_fapping.gif

I usually try to be magnanimous in situations like these but...

Get it right up every single one of those sheep molesting bastards.

Should have saved themselves time typing that out and just said 'we're fucked, give us money now or you won't be able to see us play rangers again'

Cannot effing stand their club. Out with the begging bowl. Guy that owns them could bankroll it. Hopefully their dwindling fans don't dig deep for this midden of a club.

Worrying times for clubs. I include us in that as well. The ones who survive will have substantial debt at the end of it all. We will all need investment and mibees we will get some gov help.
I think football clubs will be well down the peaking order of a massive list

Reactions: WBD
Aside from the fact that I cannot stand these hillbillys and find it hard to have much sympathy.

The wider point here is that the length of time without regular income for clubs across the whole of football is unsustainable, clubs including Rangers, are now in a really difficult position because how can you put out season ticket renewals when there's no guarantee of what next season is going to look like or when it's even going to start. Add to that the sensitivities around folk losing their income all over the place but being asked to fork out for football leaves the game in great uncertainty. UEFA/FIFA or whoever are going to have to show some real leadership and vision to ensure the game can recover properly.

Was it a “momentous day” when Aberdeen has their debt written off? When they bought players they otherwise could not afford!

Couldnt give a Feck about the other clubs as they didnt give a feck about us and as long as Rangers are fine that will do me :cool:

Back