Sheep to lose 8 players - Game vs St Johnstone Now Off

Am I missing something. St Johnstone penalized but Hamilton and Celtic get to play Aberdeen’s reserve team?

This is off the scale, bent as %^*&.

McInnes saying he's angry because their players "shouldn't cross the door after losing to Rangers".

An absolute tinpot bigshot.

So you would be happy at our players being out on the town after not only losing to Celtic, but not even turning up? Right! For a change the most over rated manager in Scotland and on FF, is 100% right!

It wasn’t them that postponed the game. Nippy waded in and didn’t want players traveling when there was the potential they had come in to contact with the infected players.
Just read up on it, amazing bit of government intervention, unprecedented. I suppose thats fair enough though. If Govt gave ok for football to restart on strict conditions, govt are at liberty to withdraw that consent. I would expect the football authorities to have been given a severe blasting too.

Spot on, the same 8 players will still be missing so how can that be?
it will be 14 days from the 1st to the 15th when they play them so I assume they’ll be out of isolation by that point. But obviously they won’t have been training with the team and will unlikely play. Not a lot you can do when the players are stupid.

So you would be happy at our players being out on the town after not only losing to Celtic, but not even turning up? Right! For a change the most over rated manager in Scotland and on FF, is 100% right!

Put it this way, it'd reflect poorly on us if we commented on our relationship with Aberdeen, in the same manner he just did about us. It underlines their '4 times a year' mentality to me, that's all.

Genuinely can't see him making that comment about any other team and can't accept any comparison between that particular fixture and the old firm.

They’ve no got any points to deduct haha. Do you mean awarding St Johnstone the points from the game? I’m not so sure, if it was one or two players that caught it through no fault of their own then I would agree. These guys purposely went out during a pandemic when they were told not to and where they went was rammed full of people. They have shown a complete disregard for their fans and their own jobs. Their actions have caused a game to be postponed and In turn themselves to be disciplined.

Reading the local Facebook news pages up here they’re all raging with them. A lot saying they won’t be supporting the team again after this.
They will as they are fickle

it will be 14 days from the 1st to the 15th when they play them so I assume they’ll be out of isolation by that point. But obviously they won’t have been training with the team and will unlikely play. Not a lot you can do when the players are stupid.

The self-isolation period started on 5 Aug mate.

The Scottish Government has instructed that both players are required to self-isolate, along with a further six players found to have been in close proximity to the player who initially tested positive.

That player is required to self-isolate for 10 days from Wednesday (August 5), with the remaining seven players required to self-isolate for 14 days, the Joint Response Group said in a statement.

The self-isolation period started on 5 Aug mate.

The Scottish Government has instructed that both players are required to self-isolate, along with a further six players found to have been in close proximity to the player who initially tested positive.

That player is required to self-isolate for 10 days from Wednesday (August 5), with the remaining seven players required to self-isolate for 14 days, the Joint Response Group said in a statement.

Ok so they would miss the game anyway even if Nippy had cancelled the St Johnstone game or not. I don’t see why everyone is getting upset by this.

Ok so they would miss the game anyway even if Nippy had cancelled the St Johnstone game or not. I don’t see why everyone is getting upset by this.

There was a rumour that the St Johnstone and Hamilton games would be cancelled but the Sheep would be forced to play the Dhims with their reserve team. I’ve seen nothing to substantiate that though and think, and hope, it unlikely. However, it’s Scotland, it’s the SFA/SPFL - so who knows.

There was a rumour that the St Johnstone and Hamilton games would be cancelled but the Sheep would be forced to play the Dhims with their reserve team. I’ve seen nothing to substantiate that though and think, and hope, it unlikely. However, it’s Scotland, it’s the SFA/SPFL - so who knows.
First I’ve heard of it. But let’s face it, would it make much difference if the mentally challengeds played their reserves or the full team. Can’t remember the last time Aberdeen got a result against them so can’t really see the logic there.

No deaths from COVID-19 for 23 days in Scotland and only 16 in the last week in the whole of the uk,on any average day in the uk there is about 1600 deaths I am I the only person in the uk that thinks these measures are totally disproportionate?
Its hard to get accurate figures nowadays the government have gone out of their way to obscure them (try Googling to see for yourself) but UK deaths on Thursday last week were 94, presumably mostly England. Covid is still out there and will start rising very soon. Dont kid yourself with your 16 UK total last week.

ps 55 deaths recorded today (Source BBC news) so still running c 400 per week and you can be sure figures are manipulated to the minimum.

Last edited:
My money is in Griffiths being caught out on the town. Lets watch the Tims try to bury that ! Get ready to call on Govt to intervene and lockdown the Piggery !

So if they are without those 8 players they are basically missing their top defenders, midfielders and they already have no strikers. It will be carnage next weekend

Those players were stupid but it makes a joke of our league if they cancel one game but make them play weakened teams against other teams.

I think it’s disturbing we know all these players’ names, but no other cluster folk details. The names of the NIKE folk were withheld due to their “rights”, but not with this mob, because Nicola is “raging”.

The fact that they are predominately tims (and give him his due Niall McGinn wasn’t there) shows there are a couple of camps (or bubbles as the SPFL will call it) in Pittodrie.

The lack of bluenoses means there either at Ibrox or left for big money down South......

Last edited:
My money is in Griffiths being caught out on the town. Lets watch the Tims try to bury that ! Get ready to call on Govt to intervene and lockdown the Piggery !
Good chance of him being caught out in town but no chance of calling there games off

So their game vs St Johnstone is off (quite rightly) but they have to play the mentally challenged game?

Who came up with that idea? Was it the SPFL board of corruption or head of operations wee stompy?

Its hard to get accurate figures nowadays the government have gone out of their way to obscure them (try Googling to see for yourself) but UK deaths on Thursday last week were 94, presumably mostly England. Covid is still out there and will start rising very soon. Dont kid yourself with your 16 UK total last week.

ps 55 deaths recorded today (Source BBC news) so still running c 400 per week and you can be sure figures are manipulated to the minimum.
Not when the uk as a whole has being putting suspected covid down on the death certificate.

Not when the uk as a whole has being putting suspected covid down on the death certificate.

The figures for recorded deaths are bullshit. Mu Uncle died early on in the pandemic, in a Care Home. It was recorded as a Covid death. It wasn't. He tested negative on the day of his death and had never tested positive at any stage or ever shown any symptoms. Doctors making it up as they go along. My Aunt had to fight to get Covid removed as the primary cause of death but they still listed it as one of the other factors. Wrongly.

this season is turning into a farce already,
there is going to be more of this and as the backlog builds up
it will be obvious the league will become unplayable.
and the shitty thing is if we are top of the league i guarantee
it will be null and void.

The figures for recorded deaths are bullshit. Mu Uncle died early on in the pandemic, in a Care Home. It was recorded as a Covid death. It wasn't. He tested negative on the day of his death and had never tested positive at any stage or ever shown any symptoms. Doctors making it up as they go along. My Aunt had to fight to get Covid removed as the primary cause of death but they still listed it as one of the other factors. Wrongly.
A friend of mine had the same thing happen with his mother. That's quite a few I've heard of this happening.

The lad I know, although he questioned them, just accepted it as he knew it was just her time and wanted to just get on with the arrangements. Which I can understand.

Back