Sheff utd v Arsenal

Build a bet nap.

Over 0.5 goals.
Arsenal over 3.5corners
Sheff Utd over 19.5 bookings points.
Under 15.5 corners.

Even money or should that be easy money.

£30 on Arsenal -1 12/5.

But think it’ll be 1-1 or 2-1 Arsenal.
Why bet on -1 then?

images

Pull of the shirt in the penalty area, should be a penalty, no VAR used.

What is the fucking point in having the technology if it's only used when they feel like it? Once again, get it to %^*&.

What is the fucking point in having the technology if it's only used when they feel like it? Once again, get it to %^*&.
Exactly why VAR is pish, how was that not a pen for Arsenal? Clear pull. Yet if the ball even slightly grazed an arm they’d be falling over themselves to disallow it

Exactly why VAR is pish, how was that not a pen for Arsenal? Clear pull. Yet if the ball even slightly grazed an arm they’d be falling over themselves to disallow it
VAR is just an absolute disgrace. For every decision they get right they seem to get 2 wrong

Whole thing is a mockery and there seems to be more talking points with it

VAR is just an absolute disgrace. For every decision they get right they seem to get 2 wrong

Whole thing is a mockery and there seems to be more talking points with it

That's my problem with it. It should rule out controversy in every single match, instead, it's made it twice as bad when a decision is missed.

That's my problem with it. It should rule out controversy in every single match, instead, it's made it twice as bad when a decision is missed.
I’d love to know how they work it

Shit scared to overturn a referees decision or notify him of something he’s missed

Not sure if this is worthy of a new thread and possibly covered previously, so I’ll ask here. Who, in popular opinion if not fact, is the bigger club of Sheffield United and Wednesday.

I’ve always regarded Wednesday, as I was introduced to football in the 80s when they were always in the top division (carrying on into the 90s), they had the bigger capacity stadium (used for FA Cup semis), they reached the odd final (league cup versus Arsenal) and had some big name / international players (e.g Chris Waddle).

However if you go further back, do United have a claim?

I haven’t looked at their respective honours list yet. Just interested in opinion.

Not sure if this is worthy of a new thread and possibly covered previously, so I’ll ask here. Who, in popular opinion if not fact, is the bigger club of Sheffield United and Wednesday.

I’ve always regarded Wednesday, as I was introduced to football in the 80s when they were always in the top division (carrying on into the 90s), they had the bigger capacity stadium (used for FA Cup semis), they reached the odd final (league cup versus Arsenal) and had some big name / international players (e.g Chris Waddle).

I haven’t looked at their respective honours list yet. Just interested in opinion.
Just imo Sheffield Wednesday.

No idea if that is correct but always thought that way even though Wednesday haven't been in the PL for a long time.

Teams like Sheff Utd must lick their lips when they get a corner and see the two sideshow bob looking fannies trudging their way in to the box to defend it.

Arsenal should be 1-0 up. Pepe misses a sitter, they fall a goal behind and now face a scrap against a side who don't concede many goals.

I thought so. How blind are the commentators not to see it

Bizarre. The one angle they show where the contact is clear as day and they both support the refs decision.

Player goes down a little theatrically but definitely contact.

Build a bet nap.

Over 0.5 goals.
Arsenal over 3.5corners
Sheff Utd over 19.5 bookings points.
Under 15.5 corners.

Even money or should that be easy money.

The corners were always going to be dodgy.

Sheffield United games average 11.85 corners per game and Arsenal 13.37 per game this season.

Bizarre. The one angle they show where the contact is clear as day and they both support the refs decision.

Player goes down a little theatrically but definitely contact.

I thought the ref got it spot on.
The contact was manufactured by the Arsenal player so he could go down. He tried to con the referee and deserved to be booked.

Mike Dean is not my favourite referee, but I think he was excellent there.

Last edited:

Wednesday always had the largest support, attendance wise and when out and about when I lived there.
Utd have definitely had the best of it in the last 20 years though and I’d say have over performed on the funding they’ve had.
Wednesday have blown a fortune in the last 5 years with nothing to show for it.
You see as many Liverpool/Chelsea/Manchester teams shirts on kids in the city now as you do Owls and Utd. Shame like.

Reactions: lwl
The contact was manufactured by the Arsenal player so he could go down. He tried to con the referee and deserved to be booked.

Mike Dwan is not my favourite referee, but I think he was excellent there.
Agreed mate. If you go down theatrically then I think the ref should refuse the penalty for that alone. Too much of that going on.

Mike Dean is not my favourite referee, but I think he was excellent there.
I don’t think it was a penalty but I don’t think Saka left a foot in either.

Back