Shelley Kerr

cloodie

Official Ticketer
Just got a job with the English Women's teams,

Shelley Kerr MBE has been appointed as our new women’s ‘How We Play’ technical lead.

In this new role, the former Scotland head coach will report into the FA’s head of women’s technical Kay Cossington.

Kerr will manage the implementation and development of England Women’s ‘How We Play’ strategy across all women's national teams and oversee the development of the women’s national coaches to ensure they are consistently at the forefront of technical excellence.

Working within the women’s technical department, Kerr will inform and evolve England Women’s technical practice, developing coaching playbooks to support the delivery of the ‘How We Play’ philosophy and approach across all women’s teams.

She will seek to deliver a technical competitive advantage in support of our aims to win a major tournament.

A household name in women’s football for three decades, Shelley captained Scotland in FIFA Women’s World Cup and UEFA Women’s EURO qualifying campaigns, and led Scotland to their first ever World Cup Finals in France 2019 as head coach of the national side.

Throughout her coaching career, she's gained extensive knowledge and experience in coaching and mentoring individuals across the men’s and women’s game and supporting the development of technical strategies in the domestic and international game.

Well deserved, she’s a brilliant tactician and fully understands the technical aspects of the game as shown on RTV.

Best of luck to her, hope she’s still able to do some punditry now and again.

This 100%, some women presenters arent that great, though that matches with some of the male counterparts! But Shelley is good and prefer to listen to someone that knows, no matter their sex.

A perfect move for her, she's got some knowledge of the game, the way she questions Gerrard in the post match interviews when she is on RTV is great, a breath of fresh air from the basic journo type questions he usually gets.

Well let's face it the Scottish Football Associations are never going to come up with an opportunity like this....fuckin troglodytes
She was Scotland manager, but yeah I’d be surprised if our women’s team had anything like this.

Well deserved, she’s a brilliant tactician and fully understands the technical aspects of the game as shown on RTV.

Must admit the Arsenal game was on last night, and the squeaky voiced bimbo on, made me switch off, as for Shelly Kerr can listen to her as she’s down to earth, and not one of those plastic bimbos, imposed on the Male game.

great news for her and wish her all the best, she knows what she's talking about and did a good job for Scotland. Probably be better treated at the FA. Doubt she will cover any of our games anymore.

Happy for her, she genuinely seems to love the game.
Most of her analysis is spot on and is never afraid to disagree with whoever she is on with on RTV.

Good luck in your new job Shelley.

Always thought she would make a good scout for men's and woman's teams.Very good at spotting things that could be done better.Liked her analysis with Neil

Well done and well deserved, she puts most of her male " coleuges" up here to shame with her knowledge and understanding of the game... Skeletor, wa#ker, and most of all that utter w#nk stain Stewart.

Excellent. She's a very impressive speaker regarding footy. Typical Scotland though. Not many woman with her credentials in this part of the world. You'd have thought she could have done a lot of the game in Scotland after she left the national team. Instead the English snap her up.

Don't know much about her but seen a few on here saying she is decent and one of us so best of luck to her and sounds like a step up.

Good luck to her but I actually think she's way too knowledgeable for the EFA. Hopefully, she'll get the necessary backing though and won't have to click her heels and sink to their level.

Best of luck Shelley. She has always been very insightful when talking about football matters on RTV.

Hopefully nobody asks how to protect a 3 goal lead in the World Cup. :eek:

She does do a good job on RTV, but I'd like her to have a plate of mince and tatties occasionally. She looks ill at times.

I heard that on the news today.

A few things crossed my mind. Not sure what she was/is currently doing (punditry apart obviously) but was that a missed opportunity for the SFA (who wouldn't have the foresight for such a role) or even for Rangers FC?

Fantastic news for Shelley, cracking pundit, knows the game inside out, hope she's a success in her new role.

I really like listening to her as she does indeed think football, I’ve enjoyed her input this season and wish her well.

Well done Shelley.

She really knows her stuff excellent summaries of how the game is going and all the technical and tactical aspects as well put together with a good sense of humour I really wish her well and like a lot of folk going to miss her on RTV.

Good luck. Very much enjoyed her expert view and analysis on RTV. It would be nice to see her in the studios now and again.

Good luck to her, agree with the sentiment generally here, I've really enjoyed her punditry on RTV this season. Her and McCann were a superb double act.

Back