Shey ojo

Once again only starting playing once we had a comfortable lead.
Had high hopes for him after the first few friendly games in the summer.
Definitely a player in there but his attitude is beyond suspect

Nonsense. We didn’t have a comfortable lead until the last 10 minutes. Like everyone else, he was shite for an hour then started playing in the last 30 minutes.

That doesn't make him better at us as he signed a five-year contract with Liverpool.
It suggests a club of Liverpool’s stature rate him.
I’m willing to take Liverpool’s judgement before a few impatient internet football managers who’ve written him off after a handful of games.

Imo he’s no got the fight shirks out a lot of 50/50 headers n tackles ,doesn’t do enough in games.
I’ve not seen the player he’s suppose to be powerful,skill full n got bags of pace!
Hopefully as the season unfolds we will see it but I don’t see the fight in him really hope he proves me wrong.

I’m willing to take Liverpool’s judgement before a few impatient internet football managers who’ve written him off after a handful of games.

Or it suggests they want a return for him when he is inevitably punted.

There was a thread the other day on here about how well their club is run and how they get money for their youth players, this is why.

It's low/no risk for them, they'll punt them on loan and get their wages (or a chunk of them) paid then they sell them for x millions.

Look at Kent, he was never going to play for them but due to his contract etc they were able to command a £7m fee.

Having just watched the highlights on you tube. Anyone giving the big man a hard time I would maybe go and have another look. Plays a part in the corner with a flick on to Morelos and then a part in Barker's goal. Also numerous chances we have comes from him. Personally didn't think it at the game but these tell me something different

As I said previously on this thread he had a better second half, first half he was hiding. kept drifting into the middle of the pitch when Tav had the ball, where he knew there was plenty of Livingston players.

Hopefully he can take his second half performance into the next game, well see.

As I said previously on this thread he had a better second half, first half he was hiding. kept drifting into the middle of the pitch when Tav had the ball, where he knew there was plenty of Livingston players.

Hopefully he can take his second half performance into the next game, well see.

I sit on the same side mate and I can assure you he was showing and Tav kept holding onto it too long instead of giving the boy it. In turn going into his space to which he had no choice but to go inside. Anytime he did go long tavs delivery was shocking

SG has made a serious mistake with this one. We have lost our creativity on the right now without DC, time and time again yesterday Tav had to go inside as Ojos positioning is brutal and we lost the pace of the attack. Also his passing is brutal.

Well looks like some have decided his times up at Ibrox. Very harsh indeed. I knew there were a few on here going on about players like they had the world at their feet in the pre season friendlies. Nonsense these games are absolutely meaningless and no more than a kickabout for players to get their match fitness up

I have no gripe with his work rate, or his desire.

What I feel he lacks at the moment though is his movement when Tav has the ball. A few times he could have made runs or showed for the ball.

He has not dovetailed with Tav yet, there is no chemistry between them, hopefully they will click at some point.
You did see Barker's goal? Did he not answer any of your questions there?

he's fucking garbage

no wonder the DOF has just fucked off

See these comments, well they should have you banned.

I'm fuukin fed up having days off this forum for much fuukin less, while YOU can breach the abuse of player rule and the admin think it's ok.

Take a fuukin hike.

In my opinion he shouldn't be a starter. He's not done enough for me to deserve a start. He's clearly talented and has a wonderful shot but he's running into blind alleys at times and can't deliver where he's needed. I like him onthe right allowing him the opportunity to cut inside but he's not doing this at all at the moment. Hopefully he'll get used to the game up here and improve.

did you do the same with Ejaria? Liverpool sign youngsters on long term deals as a negotiation contract not just a measure of their ability.

I think people are putting too much thought into the "Liverpool gave him a 5 year deal" thing.

Longer contract means some diddy team in England will give them millions more £ than he's worth.

Last season when we got Kent, I really wanted Ojo first. It would be interesting to see if there was a thread calling Kent out in his first few games. Give Ojo time and he’ll come good IMO. Kent came into his own in December look at him now.

I like Ojo.

Loves a shot. Will get goals. When we take lead he will come to life as well. All our players seems to struggle with low block. Not ojo. Need to take earlier chances and make life easier for ourselves.

Last season when we got Kent, I really wanted Ojo first. It would be interesting to see if there was a thread calling Kent out in his first few games. Give Ojo time and he’ll come good IMO. Kent came into his own in December look at him now.
we played8 games in December and only won half of them, we drew twice against Hibs and once against Dundee and lost to Aberdeen.

Reminds me of the Carlos Peña stats getting trotted out on here.

Why do you think that is though? Messi and Ronaldo’s stats are trotted out endlessly too, as were McCoist’s for years. I think it’s because scoring and contributing to goals is quite a big component of the sport and winning games.

The fact is Ojo has done a decent job so far but is still the prime target (along with Barisic) when things aren’t going well. Doesn’t matter if Arfields worse than a man down, doesn’t matter if Tav is having an off day, doesn’t matter if Aribo is having his 4th disappearing act on the spin, Ojo still seems to be the prime target for blood thirsty fans. To simply dismiss his contribution doesn’t make a lot of sense, and the whole thing is even more absurd given his age and relative lack of experience.

No doubt this will have mixed opinions.

For me, after today he needs dropped for a considerable period of time. Looked lost in the first half he didnt even look interested. For a man with blistering pace he doesnt even make runs or take a man on, juat the usual cut in on his left and shoot. Being predictable isnt a good trait for a footballer. I can see that there is the potential there for him to excel in Scottish football but at the moment he looks very unsure.

I seen another post comparing him to Candeias. People were glad to see the back of Candeias when he moved on but I thought it was a mistake at the time and now im certain it was a mistake. Ojos work rate compaired to Candeias is non existent.

I noticed today that he takes up very awkward positions. There was times when he should have been making a run for tav to play the ball in behind but he stood 10 yards away offering nothing. I hope he adapts to our league.

Spot on, when he first arrived i thought this boy's got something to offer.But i thlnk if he want's to stay in the team, i think he'll need to work a lot harder and not lazily stroll about.
For a start he needs to become a team player, instead of just cutting in from the wing, and hitting the ball off defenders all the time.
Don't get me wrong, if it works it's good for us, but there becomes a time when he'll need to try and do something different, when he's on the ball.Omo.

Why do you think that is though? Messi and Ronaldo’s stats are trotted out endlessly too, as were McCoist’s for years. I think it’s because scoring and contributing to goals is quite a big component of the sport and winning games.

The fact is Ojo has done a decent job so far but is still the prime target (along with Barisic) when things aren’t going well. Doesn’t matter if Arfields worse than a man down, doesn’t matter if Tav is having an off day, doesn’t matter if Aribo is having his 4th disappearing act on the spin, Ojo still seems to be the prime target for blood thirsty fans. To simply dismiss his contribution doesn’t make a lot of sense, and the whole thing is even more absurd given his age and relative lack of experience.
I make the Pena comparison because plenty on here mindlessly trotted out “goal per minute” to try and pretend he was something that he wasn’t and tried to convince others not to believe what they were seeing with their own eyes because he scored against Partick Thistle or someone. You see it often on here but you can only pretend for so long.

I don’t think Ojo is similar to Pena in any way of course. He has turned in some really poor shows and has also contributed a few goals. They’re really not mutually exclusive. This place became a lot poorer when so many decided to just “pick sides” when it comes to certain players and just stick to them.

He leaves Tavernier horribly exposed.

Unfortunately we are down to Ojo and Barker for right and left side. Aribo, Arfield aren't at their best out there and Stewart is nowhere to be seen, nor the answer.

I make the Pena comparison because plenty on here mindlessly trotted out “goal per minute” to try and pretend he was something that he wasn’t and tried to convince others not to believe what they were seeing with their own eyes because he scored against Partick Thistle or someone. You see it often on here but you can only pretend for so long.

I don’t think Ojo is similar to Pena in any way of course. He has turned in some really poor shows and has also contributed a few goals. They’re really not mutually exclusive. This place became a lot poorer when so many decided to just “pick sides” when it comes to certain players and just stick to them.

No, the fact was that at that point in time we had a midfield of Halliday and Holt who contributed hee haw, whilst Peña had only played in a few matches and given a far better return in terms of goals, you know those things that win games. No one was saying he was a world beater, some said he was a better option than the alternative at that time, and he was because nearly all of the players in that midfield were absolutely impotent. Goals to games is at least hard evidence of a positive contribution to the team, that’s why coaches, pundits and analysts world wide often make reference to it.

As for picking sides, you might be right but then I don’t think Ojo has many on his side, neither does Barisic.

Yes, fucking garbage mate.

11 games, 4 goals, 4 assists. Fucking garbage.

Exactly. He’s going to frustrate us very very often but I think these stats will keep adding up.

I know stats can be misleading but you can’t say someone hasn’t contributed if he has good stats. Ojo is in the top 3 so far this season for stats in our squad.

No, the fact was that at that point in time we had a midfield of Halliday and Holt who contributed hee haw, whilst Peña had only played in a few matches and given a far better return in terms of goals, you know those things that win games. No one was saying he was a world beater, some said he was a better option than the alternative at that time, and he was because nearly all of the players in that midfield were absolutely impotent. Goals to games is at least hard evidence of a positive contribution to the team, that’s why coaches, pundits and analysts world wide often make reference to it.

As for picking sides, you might be right but then I don’t think Ojo has many on his side, neither does Barisic.
I am right about people picking sides. The posters who fapped themselves silly over Pena’s ‘goals per minute’ after goals against Thistle and Dundee were often the same ones who slated another dud Windass and claimed his goal tally wasn’t relevant despite him finishing top scorer and scoring against mentally challengeds, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts.

The tragedy of people valuing online personas and trying to save face I guess mate!

Let’s hope Ojo comes good but I have my doubts. I’d love to be proven wrong.

he enjoyed the game better after Livi went down to 10 as it gave him more space in which to play as livi totally backed off

Young wide player, always going to be inconsistent.

A bit of a whipping boy, as has been said. He will provide a lot over the season but will have his quiet games too.

I am right about people picking sides. The posters who fapped themselves silly over Pena’s ‘goals per minute’ after goals against Thistle and Dundee were often the same ones who slated another dud Windass and claimed his goal tally wasn’t relevant despite him finishing top scorer and scoring against mentally challengeds, Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts.

The tragedy of people valuing online personas and trying to save face I guess mate!

Let’s hope Ojo comes good but I have my doubts. I’d love to be proven wrong.

Yeah but you’ve not really acknowledged the point I made. He’d only played a few games and given a better return than some of the duds that were getting game time ahead of him, all the while he was collecting a handsome wage so it made no sense. In light of that, why wouldn’t people acknowledge his superior ratio and ask why he wasn’t more involved at a time where were struggling? Not saying the guy was good but persevering with the likes of Holt wasn’t getting us far either.

Windass didn’t have that issue because was playing all the time. Even though he was undoubtedly one of our better players at that time folk were right to point out the portion of his goals that were scored against sides not even in the same league, there were nutters talking about £5m transfers to Premier League sides! Not surprising that he’s now enjoying mediocrity with Wigan. The situations aren’t even remotely similar so I don’t think it makes for a valid comparison. You’re almost proving you’re own point about picking sides though!

Ojo will need time but he won’t get it from a certain section of the support. Honestly I could have told you how this would have played out before the season even started, in fact I think I mentioned it a few times in early season threads, the dinosaurs of the support want to see players chasing lost causes and flying into tackles, they don’t have time for tricky players who drift in and out of games, even if they are still making reasonable goal contributions.

Fair to say he is not going to have a career at Liverpool. Jury still out for me but the problem when playing for Rangers you cannot be a passenger. We need 11 trying their heart out to get where you want. Anyone who watched Candieas pre season and saying we should have kept him is probably right

Laughable Candeias wasn't guaranteed a spot ahead of Ojo. He is absolutely god awful. No set of statistics will convince me Ojo is superior..and I didn't particularly rate Candeias highly.

Ojo has 4 goals and 4 assists so far this season.

Candeias got 6 goals and 10 assists the whole of last season.

Let's see what Ojo returns at the end of the season.
What was Windass's stats in his last season vs say.. Arfield or even Kent last season?

4 goals and 4 assists, if not more, in 11 games.

Yet for some reason, that I can't quite figure out, he gets to be the whipping boy.

Edit: it's 11 games, not 13. He's missed St Joseph's at home and St Mirren away.

So if stats are what matters now , Kent Is useless not worth 7 m and Christie is Better than our team , or do these stats not matter , can’t pick and choose when’s to play the stat card. IMO

He leaves Tavernier horribly exposed.

Unfortunately we are down to Ojo and Barker for right and left side. Aribo, Arfield aren't at their best out there and Stewart is nowhere to be seen, nor the answer.

How many dangerous left sided SPFL players can you name ?

This obsession with the forward player coming back to help Tav is embarrassing. To be fair, Ryan Jack has been the one to drop back to that position this season.

Ojo has contributed something in every single game that he has played on the right hand side.

Yes he's far from perfect, he is struggling at times when we are up against every man behind the ball, but then so is every member of our team.

I honestly think he's looked very good when up against teams who open up, on the rare occasion they do. The stats back that up.

Laughable Candeias wasn't guaranteed a spot ahead of Ojo. He is absolutely god awful. No set of statistics will convince me Ojo is superior..and I didn't particularly rate Candeias highly.

No disrespect mate but why do you always come out with this sort of hyperbolic shite? If actually seeing the lad contribute to goals won’t convince you then I don’t think you’re all there.

He’s had some poor games, he’s absolutely not “god awful”, in fact he’s even close to it.

No disrespect mate but why do you always come out with this sort of hyperbolic shite? If actually seeing the lad contribute to goals won’t convince you then I don’t think you’re all there.

He’s had some poor games, he’s absolutely not “god awful”, in fact he’s even close to it.

He's terrible from the sample size I've seen. Poor touch, poor passing, poor awareness. Runs the ball out of play constantly. Tavernier doesn't even want to pass to him which speaks volumes.

So if stats are what matters now , Kent Is useless not worth 7 m and Christie is Better than our team , or do these stats not matter , can’t pick and choose when’s to play the stat card. IMO

Unless you’ve read my entire post history, I don’t think you’re in any position to tell me that I’m ‘picking and choosing’ when to talk about stats.

Kent’s work rate and game intelligence was evident from the start. Ojo’s lack of work rate and severe lack of game intelligence has been consistent from the start.

Back