Sheyi Ojo to sign five-year deal at Liverpool before joining Rangers on loan

I don't get this. Why would Liverpool give a five year deal to a player who can't get a game at Reims? I know he's young but he's 21, not 16. How many players ever really step up at 24?

Truth is, if you're not in the first team by 21 or 22 you probably never will be.

Still happy to have the boy mind. :))
They done the same with ejaria. It's smart business if the player has a great season they will be worth a good bit of money just need to look at Kent as an example. If he does well up here he might have a chance of breaking into their team or he could end up with a higher transfer value than he has just now. It's what we should be doing except on a smaller scale.

This is happening, don't know what it means with regards Kent so no point asking (but you still will, you always do, lol). Deal was all but done on the day of the mentally challengeds game, so should be over the line now, will let you know more if and when I can.
Could be the case that Candeias may be the one to move on to make room for Ojo and Kent

If you compared Kent vs Ojo prior to this season, Ojo has had the better career to date.

Kent has had the better opportunity this season and taken it. Ojo is almost 18 months younger than Kent as well.

No point trying to talk Kent down in order to talk Ojo up.

Kent has now hit levels in professional football that Ojo hasn’t. He is ahead of him right now & set himself up for a good career whether its here or somewhere else.

Ojo still has it all to prove. Similar situation to Kent before he came. Lets hope he has a similar season, or better.

Always prefer to watch these type of videos rather than a highlight reel. Shows you every moment he touches the ball.

Looks a very good player judging from the Italy game.

He does look like he can be better than Kent judging from that video, I’m not saying he will be. Because he still has to prove himself at a professional level.

But if he plays like that up here he will rip it up.

Jones,Murphy,Hastie,Stewart,Candeias and now Ojo and we are still trying to land Kent, that’s a large number of wide players.

Jones,Murphy,Hastie,Stewart,Candeias and now Ojo and we are still trying to land Kent, that’s a large number of wide players.

Last season we had three central midfielders on the bench due to a lack of wide options. Candeias was our only right sided option all season.

I doubt Stewart will play wide that often.

Thanks to Doc for letting me post it up on the blog twitter, great info again so appreciated & set for another great exciting summer hopefully!

Cheers

@DocStone
im loving the fact we're targeting young players hungry for 1st team action

reckon we still need a ST/LB & CB

I don't want more players we're forced to play. IMO that's the reason Worrall played so much, and Ejaria before he left. We should also set a buy fee in case he does well. If we can't agree these we should not sign them.

I don't want more players we're forced to play. IMO that's the reason Worrall played so much, and Ejaria before he left. We should also set a buy fee in case he does well. If we can't agree these we should not sign them.

We've never been forced to play anyone so you don't have to worry.

So despite Kent being an ultimately successful loan signing and Ejaria playing his part then falling away miserably, are people really still going to judge a player before they start playing and see how they get on? I don't really follow the logic.

Left : Kent/Jones (if kent stays)
Middle: Arfield/Stewart
Right: Ojo/Hastie

candeias/grezda maybe on the way out??
I would shift both. Middleton can easily fill in on the right as an inside forward and Murphy on the left if need be. I actually think Jones will surprise a lot of people, can see him playing a lot

I don't get this. Why would Liverpool give a five year deal to a player who can't get a game at Reims? I know he's young but he's 21, not 16. How many players ever really step up at 24?

Truth is, if you're not in the first team by 21 or 22 you probably never will be.

Because a succesful season on loan at Derby and Rangers and suddenly you've got £40m worth of talent in your reserves! RESERVES! I'm with you though, if you're not 8nnthe team at 21/22 are you suddenly going to get in the side at 24/25 after a couple of years on loan. Weird career path to advise a young man to take

No point trying to talk Kent down in order to talk Ojo up.

Kent has now hit levels in professional football that Ojo hasn’t. He is ahead of him right now & set himself up for a good career whether its here or somewhere else.

Ojo still has it all to prove. Similar situation to Kent before he came. Lets hope he has a similar season, or better.
Kent has hit a higher level than Ojo because Kent played up here and Ojo hasn't.

I’ll probably have people disagree with me here but I don’t mind taking this boy on loan if we can get Kent in on a permanent deal. This is the only concern I had when Gerrard came in was us turning into a feeder club for Liverpool. I know money is dictating our situation at the moment but I’ve no sentiment whatsoever for Liverpool. In fact I hate them but that’s just my personal opinion. I also don’t like the idea of to many loanees. I want us to benefit. Not Liverpool

no sentiment whatsoever but you hate them, which is it?

Gerrard to Liverpool:

We're a bit strapped for cash at the moment mate, fancy doing me a turn and buying oJo and lending him to us for a few seasons?

Your right though it is a bit of a weird signing, doesn't make a lot of sense for Liverpool

Gerrard to Liverpool:

We're a bit strapped for cash at the moment mate, fancy doing me a turn and buying oJo and lending him to us for a few seasons?

Your right though it is a bit of a weird signing, doesn't make a lot of sense for Liverpool
It makes a lot of sense for Liverpool, they tie him down on a long term deal and then put him in a shop window.

Look at what a good season at Rangers has done to Kent's value, he was considered a flop before coming to us.

Certainly looks like he would get more goals than Kent from that would love the two of them being a greedy lady's front bottom we should really be asking Liverpool for two year loan deals if they are signings 5 year deals before going

I’m not sure how anyone tells anything from a 2 min YouTube over possibly 4 or 5 years.

If I was born 30 years later I’m sure I could have put a BB football reel together that would blow most folks minds. 55 goals in one season that saw me selected to play for Glasgow South Select.

Goals looks great but we need some perspective before we can judge a 2 min video

It makes a lot of sense for Liverpool, they tie him down on a long term deal and then put him in a shop window.

Look at what a good season at Rangers has done to Kent's value, he was considered a flop before coming to us.
Or what happened to ejaria etc? It's a big risk and getting players on long term deals to loan them out isn't something that's guarantees to work/bring profits. Generally the loan system is used to get experience on players that might make it to the first team - I'm not seeing this ojo guy make the Liverpool first team

Kent worked but that has its downsides aswell as we can't afford him, English teams will be skeptical as his last stints in England were poor and I can't imagine Kent is particularly happy he won't be at rangers next season after how he's flourished here. Now that I think of it has there even been any interest in Kent outside of us? I'm probably wrong but I haven't seen any. If that's accurate then Liverpool could be stuck in a situation where they can't sell him except to teams that can't afford him.

Signed him in fifa a lot over the years and he’s done well for me
1r80hk.jpg

Back