Sheyi Ojo to sign five-year deal at Liverpool before joining Rangers on loan

I'd take 11 loans if it wins the league, short term thinking it may be but I honestly couldn't give a %^*&.

We need to win it next season.

Just a No from me. Ojo might be a Kent but more likely an Ejeria, Coulibaly or worse still Sadiq. He was at Rennes and couldn't get game time so wow, he can walk into our starting 11 (as I'm sure his loan will be similar to Kent & Ejaria that we pay stiff penalties if they did not play). I want to win 55 next season and therefore we require experience and quality signings, not a youngster trying to prove himself, especially when you consider just how many wide players we already have at the club.

I absolutely hate the transfer window due to unadulterated nonsense like this!

Certainly looks like he would get more goals than Kent from that would love the two of them being a greedy lady's front bottom we should really be asking Liverpool for two year loan deals if they are signings 5 year deals before going
He has only scored 6 goals in his career so wouldn't bank on him being prolific.

Just a No from me. Ojo might be a Kent but more likely an Ejeria, Coulibaly or worse still Sadiq. He was at Rennes and couldn't get game time so wow, he can walk into our starting 11 (as I'm sure his loan will be similar to Kent & Ejaria that we pay stiff penalties if they did not play). I want to win 55 next season and therefore we require experience and quality signings, not a youngster trying to prove himself, especially when you consider just how many wide players we already have at the club.

That full post is based on absolutely %^*& all.

We had folk moaning on here that Kent wasn’t that good at Barnsley, so would struggle at Rangers.

Negative for the sake of being negative, very weird.

He's a bit of a unit eh? Dont see him struggling to cope with the physical side of the game up here.

It's soul destroying though seeing them get 5 year deals before coming up here so we can assist in getting Liverpool's net spend down for FFP regulations the bastards! :D

Did the same with Ejaria and Kent. One reason only, to make as much money as possible from players who won't make the first team.

This. The 5 year deal is an insurance policy in the hopes he kicks-on to a highish level player. He's then loaned out so Liverpool won't be picking up his wages.

He looks good.

Seems like Gerrard wants to go back to the 4-3-3 next season
I wouldn't say that, i am sure he can play as a narrow forward quite easily as you can see from the videos his is constantly coming inside on his left.

You’ll get criticized but there’s an element of truth here.

We do need loans but in this position I was really hoping for investment of about 4/5m.

We bring this guy in and then with all the bosmans there won’t be any space for a serious signing.

We do need loans but in this position I was really hoping for investment of about 4/5m.

We bring this guy in and then with all the bosmans there won’t be any space for a serious signing.

You're no right.

Wingers are one of the more expensive positions at any level, maybe it's better using the loan for this position when we know we can get decent quality from Liverpool and then use more money for the striker and #10 that we all want

Where are you getting this from?
Totally debunked last year, unless you know better.

My only concern are the modern loan deals we saw with Warrell whereby we have to play players or the loan fees become ludicrously high. We can't make those commitments to anyone or any club...

This. The 5 year deal is an insurance policy in the hopes he kicks-on to a highish level player. He's then loaned out so Liverpool won't be picking up his wages.
And they only need to get 1 in 10/20 right and it pays for the whole operation. Look at Nathan Ake, snapped up at 16 and bagged Chelsea £20m after a few loans.

Wingers are one of the more expensive positions at any level, maybe it's better using the loan for this position when we know we can get decent quality from Liverpool and then use more money for the striker and #10 that we all want
Your two positions are much more important and, in my opinion, much more likely to give us the seven/eight out of ten consistency we need.

Kent came off a couple of poor loan spells. Teams like Liverpool have players like Kent who aren't good enough to stay but they have to be successful to get moved on. A season with us has highlighted Kent down south and primed him for a move to a low Premiership/good Championship team (as they have with Wilson). They will be hoping for the same with Ojo.
FWIW, I think that Kent flattered to deceive a bit for us. Technique, pace and brave, he had it all but I think he should have scored and created more than he did. His stats are only marginally better than Candeias and he only outshines him in % pass rate and I think that's because he took men on then checked back and passed whereas Candeias was more likely to try to cross.

Exactly the cunning plan of the board.
That way, we win nothing and fail allowing the scum to break all our records.
I really have my doubts about those who post such as this.

Experience like Lafferty?

McPake will get developed along at the right pace mate.

He's nowhere near 1st team football yet, he wasn't even a regular in the reserves last season.

If Gerrard thought he was ready he'd be in.

He's at least 2 years behind Middleton in his development.
A gap that can close very quickly.

I can’t have been the only one who seen the name and instantly thought of a wee Japanese type player, like Okazaki? How surprised was I when I see a video of him?!

But aye, I’m not convinced we’ll get him - he looks far too good.

Mate your posts have become utterly bizarre in recent times.

Nah, I understand that the scattergun approach of recent years isn’t what we need this summer.

I want our transfer policy to be slick and targeted rather than - ‘there’s a player, sign him!’

Weren’t you hoping for some investment in genuine quality in this position?

Where are you getting this from?
Totally debunked last year, unless you know better.

I never read of it being debunked - the idea that you have no choice but to field a loanee, no matter his form, seemed absurd. So apologies for my continued misunderstanding.

This is true to be fair.

I said already I’m worried about the investment we’ll see in to the team this year. Just by some of the stuff Gerrard has said, I don’t think we’ll see £10m odd spent again.

We’re overloaded in the wide areas yet still need a first choice for both wings. The balance is all wrong in our squad.

Massive summer.

This is true to be fair.

I said already I’m worried about the investment we’ll see in to the team this year. Just by some of the stuff Gerrard has said, I don’t think we’ll see £10m odd spent again.

We’re overloaded in the wide areas yet still need a first choice for both wings. The balance is all wrong in our squad.

Massive summer.
All Gerrard has been saying is how we need top quality in our team this summer, how does that equal not spending a lot?

Another reminder the window opens on June 11th for anyone crying over the fact we haven't got a defender in yet, or a striker, or a number 10 etc etc

Because we are linked with a loan signing today some posters now think we have no money to spend, get a grip ! wait until the window is closed then cry and panic if you must.

Another reminder the window opens on June 11th for anyone crying over the fact we haven't got a defender in yet, or a striker, or a number 10 etc etc

People are stupid mate. That gives them the inability to think rationally or do the basic thing such as check when a player can be transferred

Ojo has all the skills but I don’t know if he has the desire to succeed at top clubs. He was a tremendous talent at 16-17 but he’s just not progressed. He’s always had the physical advantage playing in the juniors and he looked twice the size of his peers.

What to expect from Ojo?
He’s similar to Ejaria in some ways, can be quite lazy on the field but has more to his game than Ejaria. He prefers to play out wide but I’ve seen him play centrally a few times too. He’s got explosive pace but he never seems to use it as much as he should. He’s so fast from a standing position. Strong as an ox as well!

End product needs to improve massively though. He’d usually skip by a few players and his end ball was poor. His work ethic needs to improve as well if he is to play for a high pressing team. Bit more heart when he plays as well. Usually shrinks out of 50/50 and I can’t see that going down well with rangers fan. He’s a lot more timid as well compared to Kent so very different personality

All Gerrard has been saying is how we need top quality in our team this summer, how does that equal not spending a lot?
He has said a few times we need quality added & not a big overhauld. Clearly not true (Jones, Hastie, Stewart & Edmundson (likely) all squad players plus more to come probably = overhaul)

Just a few things he has said regarding budget over the past few months made me doubt we’ll have a decent net spend. We’ll see though,

People are stupid mate. That gives them the inability to think rationally or do the basic thing such as check when a player can be transferred
Yip and draw crazy conclusions just because we are linked with a loan signing today.

Gerrard already clearly stated the quality will come when the window opens yet many on here choose to ignore that and greet about everything anyway.

A gap that can close very quickly.

It can or it can't Tazza.

All young athletes mature and develop at different speeds.

Compare Derek Johnstone at 16 to someone like Kai Kennedy for example.

Our development coaches will bring them along at the right pace.

Lololololololol, based on what ?

Well the same back to you.

What makes you think the guy will be great, our loan signings over the years have been far from successful - rumour is last season we paid almost £1m in fee and salary to Roma for s little more than 90 minutes of crap from Umar Sadiq - when signed many on here thought it was a great piece of business.

Any signing is a gamble but young players on loan more so - however as I say if Ojo signs I hope he has me eating my words

Louder for people at the back:

Transfer expenditure has very little correlation with the success of a signing, especially at the level Rangers operate.

Back