Shinnie and Mackay Steven

Mackay-Steven came to work in a pub I was running while he was out injured from Liverpool. Guy is a lazy bastard, no thanks.

200w.webp

Shinnie isn't good but he's also dirty. That won't equate to many bookings for the sheep worriers but sending offs for Rangers

Steven is worse than Shinnie

I don't think the Kelvin Otter would add anything to us, we already have Murphy, Grezda, Candeias, Kent & Middleton.

Shinnie would be suspended every other week.

Shinnie is decent enough but doesn’t offer anything we don’t already have in midfield.

Unless we are becoming a water polo team whose home pitch is the Kelvin then GMS can get to %^*&.

Shinnie is a centre mid
Who used to play at LB very well,certainly much better than he is in midfield.He'd be decent as a back up LB for free to allow us to use funds elsewhere.

Jack is proof we shouldn't always stick our noses up at free transfers when we don't have endless amounts of funds.We need every penny we can muster to improve the midfield and attacking options as they are very much the priority.

Who used to play at LB very well,certainly much better than he is in midfield.He'd be decent as a back up LB for free to allow us to use funds elsewhere.

Jack is proof we shouldn't always stick our noses up at free transfers when we don't have endless amounts of funds.We need every penny we can muster to improve the midfield and attacking options as they are very much the priority.

Thank you.
Someone who actually understands where I'm coming from.

Not to be sniffed at, unless there are clearly better, affordable players available.
Coulibally, Ejaria, Wallace and Kent will be gone by the summer, Flanagan is not impressing really, and Dorrans and Murphy may not come back the way we hope.

Reactions: cav
You'd think i'd pissed in your pint some of you :rolleyes: or taken a big dump in the middke of the pub.

Mackay Steven was a good player for UTD, he has had good spells for Aberdeen, and he was threatening against us, hes fast, can assist and score. He may not have made it with them, but they were hardly crying out for or in need of him.
Is he a brilliant player? Nope, far from it, but he's Scottish, experienced,and knows the league and players inside out. We need more of that.

Shinnie, he pisses us off, me included, so he's doing something right, and its not just because he's a moaning face. Again, Scottish, can play lb, so covers Wallace when he leaves, which he will no doubt, and also midfield, experienced and knows the league and players inside out.

We used to do the same in the past and turn some average players into good players, not saying it's a guarantee but I see no real danger danger alert.
Unless of course they are rabid haters of us, that I cannot speak for.

What's the tactic then?
More overrated and expensive pish from England? That come here cocky and looking good, then hide, or relax in the wages?
More loans?

I'd say our best hope is
Our development squad coming through
stealing the best of the SPL,
Scouting in eastern Europe, and the odd big spend.

Dorrans doesn't have that many years left,
Davis wouldn't,
Is Murphy going to come back the player he was or better?
Is Middleton going to need another season before he's regular first team?
Will Rossiter last a season?
Is McRorie ready for first team every week?

Personally don't think it's that ridiculous a suggestion.
If there's money, I wouldn't consider them so easily, but we're not loaded, and it didn't stop Walter. He'd buy from the SPL.

Signing players like them on a free will only be accepted by the support once we are on top again as they would be seen as good cheap sqaud options

Right now fans are going to demand better because we need qaulity players to make a big difference in 1st X1 not sqaud fillers

Everyone on this thread saying they would be pish would be the same people who were saying Ryan Jack would be pish. One guys slates the OP and claims they are shite then 200 sheep follow suit.

On Bosmans both would be decent squad players.

Nope! I wanted Jack in but i dont want those two duds in

Back