Shinnie move to Rangers "ruled out".

How many times have we read on here that our midfield lacks drive and energy and doesn't have a 'nasty bastard' to face up to the likes of Brown et al?

Clearly that isn’t Shinnie, as he’s proven against Brown on multiple occasions.

I would argue we are covered for the no-goals, industrious, short side pass role in midfield.

Clearly that isn’t Shinnie, as he’s proven against Brown on multiple occasions.

I would argue we are covered for the no-goals, industrious, short side pass role in midfield.

Well, he's coming so, in time-honoured FF fashion you'd better get used to trotting out the 'I don't think he's good enough but he'll get my backing in a blue shirt' line.;)

Shinnie can play LB and CM, he's a leader and puts everything into every game. Sure he might be technically limited, but we need players like him in the squad.

If we were spending silly money on him, I'd understand some of the bed pishers on here, but he's a free transfer ffs.

Nail on head mate.

Agree, he would be better off going to the famous, but I have to defend Luton here (& this is not a criticism or comparison (there isn't one) of my 2nd love, Rangers ..............but LTFC are going places down here.

We have the best custodians of our club EVER in our history. The 2020 group saved our club from certain death in 2008, when taking over from past bent crooked owners - sound familiar?

They are all Luton Town SUPPORTERS and have pumped £ms into the club, purchased & own two huge sites in Luton and have now recently had both planning applications approved, for our new 22,500 (17,500 initially) Town Centre stadium.

As well as coming up from League 2 last season, this season has been incredible. I like most Luton fans would have been happy with a top ten finish this season, challenging for a play off place to the Championship.

The fact that we have not lost a league game in 25, since at Barnsley in OCTOBER, are top 5 points clear of them and 7 of Sunderland in third place (they do have a game in hand though) with just 8 games remaining, is beyond belief. We have not lost a single 2018-19 home league match too.

This is without a doubt, turning into my all time favourite Hatters season (I've been going since 1966) even eclipsing 1987-88 when we beat Arsenal 3-2 to lift the League Cup.

Having written all of this - I'll be equally delighted if Shinnie signs for the Bears.

I always look out for Luton's results. It seemed like it took forever to gain promotion from The Conference.

It's sickening what happened to Luton, particularly when you contrast it with Watford's dodgy promotion based upon the Italian loanees.

My comment was merely a play on your nickname!

Also, I loved Paul Walsh as a player!

If the best he can do down south is Luton, he doesn't sound like a player we should want.

I'd take Shinnie if it meant moving on Halliday, Jack and Coulibaly - loan deal up. Three out, one in, versatile squad player.

Back up left back, back up midfielder who has a bit of aggression and focus on adding quality in creative areas. Against us he wins the majority of his challenges and he's still got the legs to get his team up the park by travelling 40 yards with the ball at his feet.

Watching Jack (yes he can be culpable) and Barišić pussy foot challenges is frustrating.

I see no point in having Jack, Halliday and Shinnie on top of Barišić, Rossiter, Kamara, Docherty, McCrorie and Arfield, possibly Davis as well. Top heavy with mediocrity.

Thank f for that! I assume like others on here that we haven't offered him a deal. If we have and Allan sees Kamara, Jones and Shinnie as our marquee players to try and win 55 then I seriously doubt his judgment.

Not exactly an exciting signing however I reckon he is no worse than Jack. Indeed he has outshone Jack easily in our recent games vs them.

On the plus side he has that aggression and energy that Jack doesn't have.

My big issue with him (and Jack) is his use of the ball.

Thank f for that! I assume like others on here that we haven't offered him a deal. If we have and Allan sees Kamara, Jones and Shinnie as our marquee players to try and win 55 then I seriously doubt his judgment.

Aye, cos they’re the only players we will be signing. You do know that others will be moving out and need replaced in the squad/team? Gerrard himself has said 4-5 players of quality. That will likely only be half the numbers of new guys coming in.

Aye, cos they’re the only players we will be signing. You do know that others will be moving out and need replaced in the squad/team? Gerrard himself has said 4-5 players of quality. That will likely only be half the numbers of new guys coming in.

People that keep making this assumption that these SPFL freebies are going to be the ceiling of our transfer window really need to engage their brain. We replace inconsistent loan players with known spfl quantities, smart business. We then have a transfer kitty to add quality we don't already have.

How are SPFL freebies in anyway marquee signings? Use your brain plz

I'm certainly not in the know but if you check my posts i did say that he was signing before it was published anywhere. As far as I'm aware, that's still the case. Certainly not 100% but I trust the person who told me.

if we are in the market for a run of the mill . average midfield player then he would fit the bill .

we could use him to boost the number of average , run of the mill midfielders we already have .
And we could also use him to immediately improve left back (even though he's maybe not a left back)...tells you an awful lot !

I hope to feck he pisses off to Luton and doesn’t come anywhere near Ibrox.

No only is he a wank, but we’re supposed to be trying to claw our way back to the top, we need quality, we don’t need to further pad the squad out with mediocrity.

Last edited:
I've heard from someone idk that he will be coming. I can understand a manager looking his battling qualities, he's run the midfield in some of our games against them. I just can't see how he got in our team. We have an abundance of midfielders and he isn't really the type we need. He'd be useful against perhaps 3 or 4 teams. Probably gives us more options than improve the team.

I've heard from someone idk that he will be coming. I can understand a manager looking his battling qualities, he's run the midfield in some of our games against them. I just can't see how he got in our team. We have an abundance of midfielders and he isn't really the type we need. He'd be useful against perhaps 3 or 4 teams. Probably gives us more options than improve the team.
If true apart from his quality which i believe he has, maybe gerrard thinks hes getting 3 players as gs can play a few positions

Luton Town linked tells you all you need to know about him as a player. The Jack stuff to us was getting dismissed aswell tho.

His brother Andrew plays there. I was chatting to their parents the other week after our game v Rochdale.

Luton IS a shit hole - but it will always be OUR shit hole!

It is my understanding that this rumour is a total fabrication. No substance in it whatsoever. As our resident Luton man have you even heard this rumour down South around the club? I’d guess not.

As far as I’m aware the Shinnie to Rangers deal is already agreed.

See Fergie sticking his oar in as well today. Obviously hasn't even read the story properly before bumping his gums, will he ever learn...

FERGIE'S WARNING Graeme Shinnie’s camp shouldn’t have ‘ruled out’ Rangers move, says Barry Ferguson

Reports claimed the Aberdeen skipper, his representatives and the Dons had dismissed talk of the Scotland ace joining Gers at the end of the season

By Gary Taylor
21st March 2019, 6:55 am
Updated: 21st March 2019, 7:25 am

RANGERS legend Barry Ferguson has questioned Graeme Shinnie’s camp for apparently ruling out a move to Ibrox.
The Aberdeen captain, out of contract at the end of the season, has been linked with a summer switch to Gers.

Ferguson isn't sure if Shinnie would start for Rangers if he joined

The former Inverness captain has been in fine form in 2019
But reports today claimed talk of Shinnie swapping Pittodrie for Ibrox - just like his former team-mate Ryan Jack did in 2017 - had been dismissed by the player and his agent.
Speaking on PLZ Soccer’s Football Show, Ferguson said he was surprised by the claims.

Fergie said: “I don’t think he should be saying anything like that.
“There are plenty of players who’ve moved from Aberdeen to Rangers - of course they’re gonna get a bit of stick.

“You’ve got to handle that stick. That’s part and parcel of football.
“He’s a good player, I can understand why Rangers and some clubs down in the [English] Championship are looking at him.

“He’s Aberdeen’s driving force in the middle of the park.
“Is he going to come into the Rangers team? I doubt it, because I think Rangers need to now sign players that are going to come straight into that starting XI.

“He is a good player Graeme Shinnie, don’t get me wrong.
“But if he’s gonna worry about getting abuse or a bit of stick off Aberdeen fans, I find that strange.”

Ex-Inverness ace Shinnie, 27, has also been linked with Luton.

Back