Shipping of strips - update from the Gers Store

Craigie

I know there is a huge thread on this but I just contacted the Gers Store this morning to ask for an update as it seemed, going by the thread, that orders either side of mine had been shipped but no notification had been sent to me.

Their response:

Thank you for your enquiry, we apologise for the slow response due to an unprecedented demand over the launch week. All orders are received and now in processing, your order will be despatched this week and you will receive an email once despatched for tracking.

We are sorry for any slight delay and inconvenience caused,

Regards

Gers Store

I thought I'd post on a new thread to save people losing this in the main one but if Admin want to merge then feel free.

"unprecedented demand"

Not having that at all. Unprecedented by who?
It will be unprecedented given that in the main few strips have been purchased in the last 6 years.

There was no public announcement that strips were going on sale prior to the link going live so it caught fans off guard and took hours for people to get through to purchase.

Given we have waited for so long to be able to buy a strip to the betterment of the Club does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if it takes a bit longer to get them all shipped?

Something that I've just noticed. My original despatch email provided a tracking link which hadn't been updated since the 28th. I took the tracking number and entered it into the royal mail tracking site. Hey presto fully updated tracking saying it will be arriving today. Recommend others do this.

It will be unprecedented given that in the main few strips have been purchased in the last 6 years.

There was no public announcement that strips were going on sale prior to the link going live so it caught fans off guard and took hours for people to get through to purchase.

Given we have waited for so long to be able to buy a strip to the betterment of the Club does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if it takes a bit longer to get them all shipped?

Good post, it shouldnt matter, but we still had folk whining that they could have save a poxy few quid here and there by giving money to JD with less going to the club, all so they could get a shirt quicker.

That baffles me.

You points are valid mate, it's just the wording that could be better in my opinion.

I’m order 6852 and got my despatch email yesterday at 3pm

2 short sleeve home jerseys and 1 short sleeve third jersey.

The orders are being processed and shipped from a place like this.
These are Units B and C, ours is Unit D.
There's more than likely just a couple of people working on them.

2443cbd.jpg

Something that I've just noticed. My original despatch email provided a tracking link which hadn't been updated since the 28th. I took the tracking number and entered it into the royal mail tracking site. Hey presto fully updated tracking saying it will be arriving today. Recommend others do this.
I tried this, neither are working for me:rolleyes:

I know there is a huge thread on this but I just contacted the Gers Store this morning to ask for an update as it seemed, going by the thread, that orders either side of mine had been shipped but no notification had been sent to me.

Their response:

Thank you for your enquiry, we apologise for the slow response due to an unprecedented demand over the launch week. All orders are received and now in processing, your order will be despatched this week and you will receive an email once despatched for tracking.

We are sorry for any slight delay and inconvenience caused,

Regards

Gers Store

I thought I'd post on a new thread to save people losing this in the main one but if Admin want to merge then feel free.

I got this reply when I queried a missing order so it’s clearly the template reply.

considering the company doing the online orders has literally a handful of employees, it's certainly unprecedented for them anyway

But shouldn't be unexpected.

Mine has been "Processing" for about a week, which seems to just mean they've charged me for it but nothing else.

I ordered around 8pm on the Friday they went on sale, order number low 3000's, got a dispatch email on Thursday, but the royal mail tracker shows it as being in Swindon since 7am on Friday morning. I thought it would've shifted somewhere else by now?

is it a bit obvious that no two orders are the same?
someones order for large could be out of stock whereas a later order for xxl for which they have stock is despatched

Back