Shirt Sponsorship 2019/2020

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
The current deal with 32Red runs out at the end of this season.

I think we are in a much better place now to be negotiating a more lucrative deal. We’ve improved on the park, had a long run in Europe this season and last but not least, a global icon leading our club. We’ll not be shy of admirers wanting involved, that’s for sure. Back in 2017 we had a number of offers on the table but went with 32Red. I’d imagine that there will be a lot more offers now.

Of course as always it will go to the company that offer us the most attractive deal and that’s the way it should be. Personally I’d like us to stay away from a betting company but the chances are it will be as that’s where the money is.

I’d reckon whoever we sign with will be for a long term deal, 3-5 years minimum however I hope the club will negotiate something so that the future sponsor is open to having their logo removed (or a more subtle placement) for our 150th anniversary season in 2022.

Last edited:
I wonder if were approaching the likes of PepsiCo as they are one of the biggest sponsors of sports in the US.

I'd be looking at stepping out of the current market of betting companies and booze companies and looking for something more ubiquitous. Use the signing of Polster, along with AJ and his contacts to look for proper sponsorship. Even something in a lower level than a Pepsi, but say Chipotle or something were wanting to expand in the UK - They could do a lot worse than have their name on the front of one of the demonstrably best supported and loyal fanbases on the planet.

I think alcohol is banned now? I know the Beasts have that shitey cider at the back of theirs and I think Hibs have one as well but not much teams really seems to have it as their main sponsor these days.
Is it really banned? That you mention it, it makes sense. It’s weird as growing up Rangers mostly had bevvy on their top.

Back to your question though, I would obviously like the best paid sponsor, but one that is pretty standard. The 32Red all white on the home top looks not too bad imo

I wonder if were approaching the likes of PepsiCo as they are one of the biggest sponsors of sports in the US.

I'd be looking at stepping out of the current market of betting companies and booze companies and looking for something more ubiquitous. Use the signing of Polster, along with AJ and his contacts to look for proper sponsorship. Even something in a lower level than a Pepsi, but say Chipotle or something were wanting to expand in the UK - They could do a lot worse than have their name on the front of one of the demonstrably best supported and loyal fanbases on the planet.

Interesting point about AJ.

We could alway approach Celtic to sponsor us as they have zillions burning a hole in their pants, I’m sure their fans would be delighted with it

I agree with the OP and I really hope it’s not some tacky online gambling mob this time .

A huge majority of teams have some kind of gambling sponsor these days, simply market forces at work.

It would be nice to get something that gives us some decent cash and doesn’t look like a monstrosity on our kit but other than that I’m not too bothered about the nature of the sponsor.

I like this idea.

Denny's the dinner chain are growing in the UK and opened in Glasgow recently.

We've got a song for them too, Denny's Walls

All boils down to the audience and how large it is. Europe is what will get us a better deal

I think we are in a much better place now to be negotiating a more lucrative deal. We’ve improved on the park, had a long run in Europe this season and last but not least, a global icon leading our club. We’ll not be shy of admirers wanting involved, that’s for sure. Back in 2017 we had a number of offers on the table but went with 32Red. I’d imagine that there will be a lot more offers now.

Of course as always it will go to the company that offer us the most attractive deal and that’s the way it should be. Personally I’d like us to stay away from a betting company but the chances are it will be as that’s where the money is.

I’d reckon whoever we sign with will be for a long term deal, 3-5 years minimum however I hope the club will negotiate something so that the future sponsor is open to having their logo removed (or a more subtle placement) for our 150th anniversary season in 2022.

We will massively improve this deal as our current one is pathetic.

We get 250k a season plus modest cup progression bonuses. They get the shirt, some pitch side advertising and a spot on the website in return. They also get a large number of sponsor tickets which they never really take up apart from the last OF which caught us out and caused the club to scramble for spares for them.

This was told to me by a Kindred Group employee in The Bridge bar in Ocean Village in Gibraltar.

The Tennents logo on the all blue Umbro top was ideal and remains an iconic Rangers jersey.

We will massively improve this deal as our current one is pathetic.

We get 250k a season plus modest cup progression bonuses. They get the shirt, some pitch side advertising and a spot on the website in return. They also get a large number of sponsor tickets which they never really take up apart from the last OF which caught us out and caused the club to scramble for spares for them.

This was told to me by a Kindred Group employee in The Bridge bar in Ocean Village in Gibraltar.
Paul lawwell ?

It'll be interesting to see if SG makes a significant difference to level of sponsorship and to the stature of company. Or does playing in Scottish football put a cap on it regardless of personnel.

It'll be interesting to see if SG makes a significant difference to level of sponsorship and to the stature of company. Or does playing in Scottish football put a cap on it regardless of personnel.

I’d imagine it’ll make a bit of a difference.

Between that and the new telly money we should be up a right few quid per year from 2020 season.

A sturdy Europa League qualification model should see us financially sound. CL a bonus plus they quality kids coming through and we should be making big money whilst winning trophies again.

I was only teasing mate and didn’t expect a name. Got a couple of mates who work over there in the bookies call centre

Aye, it's a small place so once you have been there a while you will always know at least 1 person who works for most of them.

Some seem to think AJ has all these contacts.
I can never work out what he has actually brung to the table at the Gers.

We won’t have a multi national company sponsoring us. We’re from a footballing backwater

• 32 Red
  • Blackthorne
  • Tennents
  • Carling
  • NTL
  • McEwans
  • CR Smith

That’s the level we’re at. Even with CL football we’ve never had a massive sponsor

Last edited:
32 Red sponsor Leeds, Aston Villa, Derby, Middlesbrough and Preston - they're a huge company. I wouldn't be surprised to see the deal extended on better terms.
The board were also very complimentary about them a while back too. Think there is a lot of good will and respect between both parties. Unless someone puts in an exceptional offer that blows theirs out of the water I think they will be long term partners of ours now.

How about IMG then ?

Everytime I switch on a championship game in England there seems to be someone sponsored by 32Red.

I’ve always liked the idea of something non gambling or alcohol related and also something that suited our colour scheme. Volkswagen or Pepsi for example. Never going to happen is it?

Back