Shoehorning Dessers and Silva in the same starting 11

Angrybluebear

Official Ticketer
It worked once in an all round great team performance. Since then it’s been pretty sh!t.

We’ve won what 2 out our last 7 games.

At times I wonder what goes through Clemente’s head with his selections and tactics.

Master tacticians don’t get pumped by second bottom of the league or beat at home by a sh!te Motherwell team.

Both have naked photos of the manager it’s fucking insane he will not drop them. And it’s killed us.

I was amazed Silva started today, he’s not played remotely well since the Benfica away game.

Another very poor signing at a time we badly needed a reliable striker

We should be looking at playing Sima through the middle. Matondo and McCausland wide. Or Roofe. He should have started today.

Most fans I know felt we should have signed a more clinical finisher in January. Someone who could play through the middle and start to convert a higher percentage of chances than we had been doing in the first half of the season. If we had someone like that, we’d probably have gone in 2/3 goals up today and that second half would t have happened.

It wouldn’t have solved all our problems, but it did seem like a blindingly obvious issue not to address.

It worked once in an all round great team performance. Since then it’s been pretty sh!t.

At times I wonder what goes through Clemente’s head with his selections and tactics.

Master tacticians don’t get pumped by second bottom of the league or beat at home by a sh!te Motherwell team.
Tactics go out the window if you can't be first to the ball, make tackles and retain possession. Second bottom of the league copied top of the league and stopped us playing the way we want.

I was amazed Silva started today, he’s not played remotely well since the Benfica away game.

Another very poor signing at a time we badly needed a reliable striker
He's only here to get mins and isn't contributing positively to the team so should be dropped

Awful performance today front front to back, attitude was appalling from the start and that’s on the manager regardless of his team selection it’s up to him to make sure that the team take the field with the right mentality, it’s now obvious who has taken more from last weeks Old Firm draw.

Most fans I know felt we should have signed a more clinical finisher in January. Someone who could play through the middle and start to convert a higher percentage of chances than we had been doing in the first half of the season. If we had someone like that, we’d probably have gone in 2/3 goals up today and that second half would t have happened.

It wouldn’t have solved all our problems, but it did seem like a blindingly obvious issue not to address.

I think it's pretty obvious we didn't have a penny to spend in January unless Ridvan was sold.
Silva was brought in to play central, the injuries to Sima and Cortes put paid to that.

To be fair, I don’t see Dessers as being shoehorned in. Rightly or wrongly, and as toe curling painful as it is, circumstances have him As our number one striker.

Today’s showing though and Roofe being available (for now), justifies him starting on the bench and Roofe being given the starts until he breaks down again.

I fully expect that not to happen though, as sports science probably dictates Roofe can only play x minutes and it has to be later in the game or something.

Silva is rotten. His price tag at Wolves is more an indication of the stupidity of the EPL than of his ability.
I hope he is consigned to the bench for our remaining games, sadly Matondo isn’t much better, McCauslands form has dipped Wright is the worst of the lot, and Sima can’t be expected to do 90 minute# every game, so might be stuck with Silva.

Playing with Silva and Dessers in the team quite simply means that you are starting with 2 men down, they really are that poor, its a long time since I saw a striker playing anywhere who finds it hard to get a shot on target, Dessers cant even do that, thats how bad he is.

If you cost £35.000.000, and can't turn up against a relegation-level team in a football backwater like Scotland - the club that paid that money needs to look at their transfer strategy.

Trying to accomodate players is on Clement I’m afraid, balance of out team has gone to shít with too many players out of position.

Silva isn’t a wide player. For the left side it has to be either Matondo or Sima.
Right side is McCausland, unfortunately there are no other natural replacements and that’s why Sterling ends up there, even though his best postion is in midfield.

Baffling analogy. Going with what your saying Arnold Schwarzenegger is a better player than Messi.

Point is, look at the Ross County team. Big and physical. Players like Matondo or McCausland would get swallowed up on that pitch. Completely ineffective. Matondo has had a few flashes of decent play, usually off the bench.

Away to Ross County playing for the league title, why not play both centrally and Matondo on the left and sima right. We lack bodies in the area time and again. It’s not going to work against better teams but no reason to not do it today and let guys like Tav focus on his man instead of always going forward leaving gaps.

I’d gladly never have seen Silva in a Rangers shirt again after his embarrassing histrionics last weekend. An absolute sand dancer and I’m not sure the manager will be enamoured with his petted lip when he came off today. The fact that someone paid £35m for him says a lot about the ridiculous money floating about in England

Back