Shoot

Henrywatson115

Official Ticketer
Looking back on his last night again or constant side to side .why are we not shooting more on target .our drills before the game are excellent. It frustratesvthe life out of me when we are in great position that we choose a pass

That thread title gave me a negative PTSD response :D

Other thread titles that would provoke similar would be
“Ffs this is pish Rangers” and
“Get the baw in the fuckin boax”

Last night showed why we aren't constantly hitting shots from outside the box against teams that defend deep, as some on here demand. Lost count of the number we hit that were blocked by defenders. If a reasonably clear shot is on then hit it, if not it's just wasting possession.

We got a fair number of corners because some shots were blocked quite well by Stranraer.

Not throwing their bodies on the line all the time, but more being right place right time

Aribo passed up a few good shooting opportunities, laying it off to Defoe and chance wasted in a crowded box.
When he learns when to have a pop he will score loads for us with the positions he finds.

You sound like half the fuds sitting around me last night. We had 33 shots last night, at least ten of which came from outside the box. Arfield and Jack both had at least three each, Halliday had one, Patterson had one, and that's just off the top of my head.

I often find our midfielders very shot-shy. Davis, Arfield, Jack, Aribo, Kamara all seem like they’d rather take an extra touch or try and pass their way to goal when they could get a shot away.
Maybe that’s the instruction from the Gaffer or maybe they’re not the best from distance but it’s frustrating at times.

I often find our midfielders very shot-shy. Davis, Arfield, Jack, Aribo, Kamara all seem like they’d rather take an extra touch or try and pass their way to goal when they could get a shot away.
Maybe that’s the instruction from the Gaffer or maybe they’re not the best from distance but it’s frustrating at times.

You may get the odd ricochet that is kind but by and large firing the ball into a pack of around 15 players will just get blocked so nothing gained. Plus when Ryan Jack shot last night in the second half it was as if he was 'teeing off'......

Back