Shooting from distance

Midfield General

I think Thursday goes some way to proving that we should take more shots from outside the box.Four out of five of the goals came this way.
Ime not saying every time,some times a quick pass to some one in a better position is the better option.
If you shoot there is always the chance of a deflection(Hagi!)or picking up the second ball.

I think Thursday goes some way to proving that we should take more shots from outside the box.Four out of five of the goals came this way.
Ime not saying every time,some times a quick pass to some one in a better position is the better option.
If you shoot there is always the chance of a deflection(Hagi!)or picking up the second ball.
Arfield has score a couple of crackers lately from outside the box.. But I agree we seem to try and walk it in the net most weeks

We seem to be doing it more and have scored a few from outside lately. That 1st Braga goal was a screamer, they don't go in too often.

Stevie G scored many a goal from distance in his day. You would think he would be preaching this to his players to have a dig when the opportunity arises!

Obviously there needs to be a balance can't keep just trying to walk the ball in the net ,and on the other side can't just keep shooting as soon as we reach thirty yards .Felt we had got that balance wrong and all was needing was a bit of tweaking which seems to have happened particularly from Arfield.
Hagi looks like he likes a pop as well now and again so we should get some success there as well .

I hate to say it but it's one of the differences between us and them. If we come up against a packed defence we just seem far too obsessed with keeping the ball so we end up going backwards and side to side. The filth are far more direct and aggressive when it comes to shooting, running at defences and getting bodies in the box. We need to do more, we're too regimented at times.

It’s been a welcome change seeing us shoot from distance in the last few games.

If we don’t have a threat from outside the box then the opposition don’t have to come out their shape to try and block the shots. That small bit of space they leave can then be exploited if we manage to play the right pass.

Some days im blue in the face shouting ‘lace it’ or ‘shoot’ when the ball falls particularly to Jack or Davis just outside the box. Looks simpler than it actually is from where i sit in the Govan front. Scott Arfield is partial to a long range effort though.

This topic just makes me think about Albertz, if only we could uncover someone that could strike it like him. If only.

Something to be actively encouraged by the management team and also the follow up from the second wave of attack if shots are blocked

We should defo be shooting more from distance against teams that play narrow and with 11 men behind the ball which seems to be the case more often than not.

Earlier in the season we were the top scorers from outside the box in the league. I'd be surprised if that's changed given we've scored a few more recently, Arfield with 3 or 4 since the winter break.

It's just not easy to score from that distance, especially against packed defences that are set up to block them.

Jack had a good attempt today. No point in trying to ping them in from all angles, however a couple of our team are demonstrating they have the capability to do this.

Not the Rangers way unfortunately

Back