Shooting From outside the Box!

HiHi Bear

Too much tippy tippy!
Kent’s goal came as a direct result of Alfie taking a shot from distance on a sloppy surface
Also they almost had a goal from a similar play when Greegsy spilt and they Hit the bar
Near the end Jones had a great run and instead of bursting the net and saving his Rangers career he opted to pass
SG and Gary MAC were not shy in having a go so why are they not coaching this?

Gerrard said post match that he would never criticise a player for taking a shot from range, but would if a player didn't take it on. It's not a tactic and should be expected. You're absolutely right though. One of the best strikers of a ball from midfield in the world, you'd think he'd pass on a thing or two to our squad.

This isn't a new thing though. Rangers have been "afraid" to have a shot for a long time.

No idea where it came from but the sooner we get back into that habit the better.

We genuinely don’t have a single midfielder who is capable of striking the ball with any power or accuracy from distance. It’s a big issue for a team like us that plays a lot against 10 men behind the ball.

This isn't a new thing though. Rangers have been "afraid" to have a shot for a long time.

No idea where it came from but the sooner we get back into that habit the better.
Was it not Warburton that shooting from distance was not part of his philosophy using stats to argue his point? I am so glad to see us take a pop more now. Even at 7 a sides I like seeing it within reason as often there are rebounds and whoever is on their toes can take advantage of it.

Bring back The Hammer and coach his talent.

Bit harsh on Jones. He made a great run and laid it on a plate for Hagi to finish.
No-one will remember this!
If he had taken the shot and scored he would have gone up in the estimation of all especially the coaching team.
Also their goalie was no great shakes so why not have a go?

No-one will remember this!goal
If he had taken the shot and scored he would have gone up in the estimation of all especially the coaching team.
Also their goalie was no great shakes so why not have a go?
He took the correct decision. It wasn't his fault it never ended in a goal.

Too much tippy tippy!
Kent’s goal came as a direct result of Alfie taking a shot from distance on a sloppy surface
Also they almost had a goal from a similar play when Greegsy spilt and they Hit the bar
Near the end Jones had a great run and instead of bursting the net and saving his Rangers career he opted to pass
SG and Gary MAC were not shy in having a go so why are they not coaching this?
Did we win last night 0-4 ? There are many games we need to buy a raffle ticket but last night there was no need too

Must of posted this time and time again.

THAT is the difference between them and us.

They shoot at will and with uncanny accuracy...merely practiced over and over again I guess - Christie, McGregor and Forrest all do it. The sheer amount of outside the box goals and keeper spills from them they get is a huge % of their goal tally.

We generally avoid shooting when we can pass it wide.

I have zero football qualifications and the Rangers bench has dozens but this one thing...I do not understand.

Yet when we do, like last night, we score!

We have Gerrard and McCallister with our team who were two of the best distance shooters that I have ever seen, you would think that they would realise the importance of having that in our arsenal and that they could find someone who has the capability to do it at least occasionally.

I was rewatching the 1999 OF last night, big amo and the hammer were shooting from 40 yards!

They could strike a ball mind you!

Really frustrates me, only Kent ; Hagi and Morelos look capable of having a dig from o/s the box - not only is there a chance of a goal, keeper spilling it - but it also draws defenders out to shut it down, creating space.. they see Davis / Kamara / Jack and Arfield there and stay put.

It's a mentality thing.

What looks like a shooting opportunity to one player looks like a blocked route to another.

You can see our midfielders shape themselves up to take a shot but must feel that the gap in front of them has closed.

Because lets be honest, every single player out there on the park has the technical ability to hit a shot cleanly.

We probably have far more shots from outside the box than most folk realise, the problem is most of them are blocked by someone standing a couple of yards away. The only ones that stick in folks minds are the ones that actually manage to get away.

Back