Shooting to Copland in First Half

Always looks and feels wrong when this happens.
I'm not superstitious in anyway it's just so normal for us to shoot into copland second half that it Irks me when we don't.

However the fact Aberdeen use this tactic when they win the toss as an attempt at some sort of Voodoo pretty much sums them up.
A very Mikey o'Mouse tactic

Missed the kick off (looking at my phone) took me a minute to figure out what was wrong, something just didn't feel right then I clicked we were shooting the "wrong" way

The sheep have tried this for decades but still can't work out that the Rangers players don't give a flying f**k what way we're shooting

Normally we soot to the Broomy first half but occasionally our opponents try to upset our routine by reversing the play.
Obviously did not work out for sheep today!
Seldom does work.
Thing is, it‘s a win for them, have you seen their support when they win that option?
They actually believe they’ve won something!

The sheep have tried this for decades but still can't work out that the Rangers players don't give a flying f**k what way we're shooting
I very much doubt that the players even notice once the game had kicked off.
Maybe at half time, that’ll be it.

Now there’s no away fans In the broomloan it shouldn’t matter, even when fans back. Given it’s the loudest end for singing, could work for us i games we expect to be chasing later on.

outta interest, do any other clubs always have similar approach to 1st/2nd half?

As I sit at Broomloan end of The Sandy Jardine stand I prefer it as we tend to score far more in the 2nd half.

Obviously on TV makes no difference and I have to admit I never even noticed.

Get it up you sheep

It normally slightly irritates me given that my seat is towards the Copland end. Today I didn't notice until the second half kicked off.

As someome that sits in the Copland I must admit that it does annoy me a bit. I'm a kind of "let's get a win today" kind of guy but go to "right, fucking intae these cùnts" if it changes. :))

As it happens, it was about 5 minutes into the game today before my dad pointed it out to me.

Sheep shagging bastards, there only sheep shagging bastards.
Sheep shagging bastards, there only sheep shagging bastards.

I'm not superstitious in anyway it's just so normal for us to shoot into copland second half that it Irks me when we don't.

However the fact Aberdeen use this tactic when they win the toss as an attempt at some sort of Voodoo pretty much sums them up.
‘Voodoo no worky’...
I’m sure I’ve heard that somewhere before :))

It’s a ploy Dundee united try also. We proved we can score at both ends. Ou4 energ6 levels are at their best. Substitutions to day there was great All round performance.

Think that's the extent of their tactical plan for the day.
That and lining up to the right when they have a centre kick. Passing the ball back to considine who lumps it down the right hand side for one of them to win in the air.

season after season they have done this, utter dross.

Used to be mentioned a lot by commentary it was “shooting towards the rangers end” but I don’t think it means much obviously the opposite team think it will make a difference clearly dosent

It's a tactic used to bam up our support from the start.

No fans though. Those sheepshagging retards are as thick as they look.

I consider it more of a tradition than a superstition, because
I’m not into voodoo. But if the first half ends goalless I imagine the Old Man saying, “Right son, we’ll get a good view of the goals now.”

A few ex-Rangers players have clearly sent their captains out to make that call if it comes up - McInnes and I’m sure Terry Butcher did it as well.

Oddly enough, I don’t remember Celtic ever doing it, although in previous years it would have meant them not shooting towards their support behind the goal in the second half.
Last time the mentally challengeds did it was in October 1987.

Was a bit of a tasty game that day.

why do we prefer to shoot that way?

I sit in the Copland so absolutely hate when this happens when I’m there. When i’m watching on tv, it’s hard to care.

why do we prefer to shoot that way?
I always assume it was because if you are needing a late goal then shooting into the end where typically you find the loudest section of home fans is seen as some kind of advantage... I think most clubs have the concept of a Home end and probably tend to be shooting at it in the second half of matches.

Back