Shooting to Copland in First Half

Always looks and feels wrong when this happens.
I'm not superstitious in anyway it's just so normal for us to shoot into copland second half that it Irks me when we don't.

However the fact Aberdeen use this tactic when they win the toss as an attempt at some sort of Voodoo pretty much sums them up.

For once, I honestly didn't even notice. I don't see it as a big deal, particularly with no fans. Just pathetic nonsense from the opposition, who think it will upset us. Fk them.

It's a minor thing to get into our players heads/subconscious. Upsets the fans more than anything, especially the ones in the Copland.. I've rarely seen it work for an opposition though. &, to be fair, if it was used as an excuse for us to drop points then it would be pretty pathetic.

Aberdeen did that at every opportunity in the nineties and noughties. You know, when they went over twenty years without winning a game. Worked well for them!

The sheep have been doing the same at Ibrox for decades. I can count on one finger the amount of times it’s made a difference.

They did it when we beat them for the league. Didn't work that day either. I often wonder about the 73 cup final. Was weird Celtic attacking our end second half

When was the last time we won a toss and asked to swap sides?

I can't say I really notice which way we kick toward when away from home.

Didn't notice.
Always do when I'm at the game as I'm right behind the goal in the Copland Road.

I've never had an issue with it and I don't believe many of the players mind either.

I think we've just been set up to start that way for so long that people expect it to annoy us.

It probably made a difference back in the day with shape of stadium and stuff but nowadays not so much.

They tried it when we won the league that day. Considering the bottom of the broomie was a full flock, it done them well.

It just doesn't feel right when it happens.
A few ex-Rangers players have clearly sent their captains out to make that call if it comes up - McInnes and I’m sure Terry Butcher did it as well.

Oddly enough, I don’t remember Celtic ever doing it, although in previous years it would have meant them not shooting towards their support behind the goal in the second half.

Always looks and feels wrong when this happens.
I'm not superstitious in anyway it's just so normal for us to shoot into copland second half that it Irks me when we don't.

However the fact Aberdeen use this tactic when they win the toss as an attempt at some sort of Voodoo pretty much sums them up.
They think it upsets us, but 70% of the team wouldn’t know about the tradition :p

I'm astounded so many on the thread said they didn't notice.

I didn't see the match but saw Kents goal and immediately thoughtw aww fer fucks sake Aberdeen being dicks again.

Seems I was right. McInnes and Tony the Tim, whit are they like?

Back