Shooting

Bigbluebear

Often see people complaining about us not shooting. Here is some stats regarding shooting i found interesting. From first 5 league games this season.

Total Shots

Hearts 87
Celtic 82
Rangers 55

Shots on Target

Hearts 32
Celtic 30
Rangers 29

Goals

Hearts 11
Rangers 10
Celtic 5

So despite the fact we get loads of complaints that we dont shoot, we are far more accurate with our shooting and have the best goal per shot ratio in the league, by a considerable distance.

Often see people complaining about us not shooting. Here is some stats regarding shooting i found interesting. From first 5 league games this season.

Total Shots

Hearts 87
Celtic 82
Rangers 55

Shots on Target

Hearts 32
Celtic 30
Rangers 29

Goals

Hearts 11
Rangers 10
Celtic 5

So despite the fact we get loads of complaints that we dont shoot, we are far more accurate with our shooting and have the best goal per shot ratio in the league, by a considerable distance.

Total Shots

Hearts 87
Celtic 82
Rangers 55

Shots on Target

Hearts 32
Celtic 30
Rangers 29

Goals

Hearts 11
Rangers 10
Celtic 5

I think the concern is shooting from distance.
That is where we are shot shy.
Considering who the manager is!

Our shooting nearly always from inside the box is perhaps why we are more accurate statistically.

I felt Ryan Kent’’s goal was us finally scoring the goal we’ve been trying to for several seasons. The first time we’ve mastered the touches and interplay at the edge of the box.

Too often we try to walk it in and miss the opportunity to shoot.

One of our best goals of the season was inexplicably robbed off us yesterday as well with that embarrassing offside call. Was a fantastic counter and every pass/touch was perfection - really incisive stuff.

We’ve seen Ejaria curl a few in from edge of the box as well.

We can mix it up and we’re finding the net. I have no concerns.

I think the concern is shooting from distance.
That is where we are shot shy.
Considering who the manager is!

Our shooting nearly always from inside the box is perhaps why we are more accurate statistically.

We do have issues with shooting from distance. I would probably guess that in our last three domestic matches about 80/90% of our shots from distance are from Kyle Lafferty who doesn't appear afraid to shoot.

Back