Shota and Zurab talk Helicopter Sunday

Was Zurab any good for us? Never really paid much attention to him when he was there, had the lasting impression he was a bit of a donkey. Then seemed to have a solid career in the EPL.

Zura used to look like a Hollister sales assistant. That's what age does to us all!!

oh and who was the player on crutches at the end wearing a suit in the celebarting pictures im sure it was a french player who was half decent for us but no one remembers his name

It was a good watch. Shota just seems to be one of those people who has the gift of the gab. Great to hear their stories, and interesting to note the stories of how the great unwashed behaved towards our players at that time - bullet in the post for Lovenkrands and players' cars smashed up on a night out. Makes you wonder about what else.goes.unreported...

Loved the bit where Shota is talking about de Boer and refers to his last game as ‘shite’.

Was Zurab any good for us? Never really paid much attention to him when he was there, had the lasting impression he was a bit of a donkey. Then seemed to have a solid career in the EPL.

I can't quite recall, but I think we, and he, had a really strong start to that season (I mean 03-04), then fell apart a bit.

I actually just checked on wiki now. Yeah. We won our first seven in a row, then lost to celtic and drew our next two. Unfortunately, that lot had a very good season. After drawing their opening game against Dunfermline, they didn't drop points again until March 14th and didn't lose until April 21st when they were probably already champions.

Tbh, see when you reflect on it now as a 4 or 5 year chunk, Big Eck's success against that celtic side is pretty miraculous. That cretin oneil took 97, 103, 98, 97 and 92 points in each of his five seasons. Got to the Uefa cup final and the QFs in successive seasons, and Eck still managed 2 league titles and 5 cups in about four seasons of that time!

Great vid! Always love to hear peoples memories of that day! Shota was a class act for us! Loved him as a player and a lot more to his game than just goals.

Great vid! Always love to hear peoples memories of that day! Shota was a class act for us! Loved him as a player and a lot more to his game than just goals.

He was wasted when played out wide. Should have had him through the middle much more. Though when you look back on it, there was quite a bit of competition for places.

Loved the bit where Shota is talking about de Boer and refers to his last game as ‘shite’.
Yeah, that was funny. Was it Sean Connery who said that because Dr Boer had told him he didn't like his last movie with the £40 million budget.

That was excellent! Great to see two ex players reminiscing about their time at Ibrox. Shota was a cracking player-underrated I felt sometimes. Zurab was also pretty decent. Both suffered I think from being moved about within the team.

Lovenkrands was sent a bullet in the post?
I don't remember that.
I'm sure we would all remember it if it was a filth player on the receiving end.
In fact we'd still be hearing about it.
It definitely happened. I knew Bojan Djordjic when he was on loan with us and he said Peter was sent a bullet with a warning letter. The police were told but Rangers never told the media.
Can you imagine if it was the other way around.

Enjoyed that, good to see ex players keeping in touch and reminiscing about the old times, some of the stories are funny sf,

Back