Shota Arveladze Instagram Post.

Very good player on his day was Arveladze. I dont think we seen him at his best for us to be honest but still thought he did well in a Rangers jersey.

Our most expensive signing ever? Apparently so.
I’m sure it came out during the EBT stuff that the fee for Shota was actually £8.5m and not the £2m we were told. Not sure how factual that was or whether it was just agent claims.

Funnily enough, I was looking at Arveladze’s stats the other day. His goals to games ratio is unbelievable. He scored 258 goals in 426 games for his club sides and 26 in 60 at international level.

I worked with a couple of Ajax fans a few years ago. He is idolised at Ajax.

Great player.

Going by the comments on his Instagram page, the Trabzonspor fans love him as well!

He seems to be doing well in management (Pieter Huistra is his assistant). When his club, Pakhtakor play Namangan in the Uzbek league, there will be former Rangers in both dugouts - Andrei Kanchelskis is manager of Namangan.

Nobody dancies like Shota, got slated on here at times despite having one of the best goal to game ratios of all time - mental

Mentioned before in other threads, met Shota (and Pieter Huistra) in a hotel over here at the start of the year and he was absolutely delighted to talk about his time at Rangers (as was Huistra).

Back