Shots from outside the box

TerrySilverLoyal

At least 6-8 occasions today the shot was on and guilty of overplaying

Davis getting in decent areas. Kamara handled the ball like it was a shit filled nappy and couldn't get it away quick enough from him.

One thing we badly badly need even for rebounds deflections.

Not enough of it. Not saying we should shoot on sight but mix it up a little. Hopefully we get another body in midfield sooner rather than later as another option.

A few occasions Davis had relatibely no one near him just outside the box and choses to put his foot on the ball and lol to see who's at the side of him. Not good enough.

Maybe the manager should buy players who can then instead of persisting with the same midfield combo that does nothing

Thought the exact same thing. Davis was in a great position to shoot from just outside the box on at least 6 occasions today. He put his foot on the ball and passed it sideways every time.

Not good enough, especially against a keeper who tends to parry everything out, rather than catch a shot.

Davis getting in decent areas. Kamara handled the ball like it was a shit filled nappy and couldn't get it away quick enough from him.

Not enough of it. Not saying we should shoot on sight but mix it up a little. Hopefully we get another body in midfield sooner rather than later as another option.

Just said it in match thread, second ball will create more chances than the side to side shit against a packed defence. We go side, to side, eventually out wide and a cross. Have a dig, as long as we are getting them on target and not just blasting out of play, we give ourselves a chance

Just posted the same on the match thread. Numerous times a player wide open near the edge of the box, centrally positioned. Result, another square pass.

Another game where you notice the absence of Ryan Jack. Not that he hits much more often, but he's at least willing to take a shot now and again.

Drives me insane. We're forever trying to score a perfect goal. I saw that pr!ck McGregor score last night for the rabids (I'd just caught it as I was flicking through) We need to smarten up

Tbh even when they do shoot its like a pass bck anyway. Our shooting in general is awful. I know arfield scored but he is oftem too guilty of a wee side foot pass back too. We have nobody who can get over the ball and put their laces through it.

You’re right it’s the difference between us and them across the city. They shoot from outside the box regularly. Can’t understand it as the gaffer made a career out of doing it.

guilty of overplaying

We do that a lot. As well as an unwillingness to have a pop from distance we nerly always like to take two or three passes when one would do.

Considering Gerrard belted in a fair few from the middle of his opponents half, he'd have them up for it.

Near 70% possession and I think only Hagis shot was on target outside the box . Teams know how to play against us and it’s not difficult ,far too predictable, genuinely cant understand why we don’t mix it up and shoot from outside the box

Near 70% possession and I think only Hagis shot was on target outside the box . Teams know how to play against us and it’s not difficult ,far too predictable, genuinely cant understand why we don’t mix it up and shoot from outside the box

Yep it's like an old movie on constant replay

Albiet Hibs came out and had a go. We just dont know how to whatsoever break down teams sitting deep. Utterly clueless.

When that happens you start having pop shots from distance. Law of averages is one will go in.

We must be one of the only teams in the league that hardly ever scores from distance.

Last edited:
We are literally 20 yards out and the first thought is the killer pass, can't understand it, packed box, have a go better having an effort on goal than it breaking down, very frustrating.

It's something a good team has in the locker.

Our style of play is great to watch and it would still be the basis of our overall game but we need to be able to mix it up and have a dig from outside the box now and again.

I’ve never seen a team that passes the ball as much around a box. Then when we try to make a pass in it’s usually something at 100mph that just bounces off our player. Frustrating.

Said this on Sunday to a few ones in the bar, it’s been like that for seasons, no matter what manager we have had we always seem to try and walk it into the net

Yes, just hammer the ball occasionally.

Deflections could bring a goal especially when teams, as most of them do when playing us, just fill there penalty area with bodies.

Our central midfielders know they don’t have it in their locker. If they shoot it’s likely to fly over the bar. We don’t have an Albertz.

Well maybe they should be practising it then!
Professional footballers that can't shoot from distance?!?!...what have they been doing their whole career, playing playstation?

Our central midfielders know they don’t have it in their locker. If they shoot it’s likely to fly over the bar. We don’t have an Albertz.
Every time this topic comes up, this is the answer. Hagi has certainly added a threat from long shots to the team but I don’t want many others shooting because they’ve shown plenty times they are hopeless at it.

Every time this topic comes up, this is the answer. Hagi has certainly added a threat from long shots to the team but I don’t want many others shooting because they’ve shown plenty times they are hopeless at it.
I don't get this at all.

When i played under-16's I used to practice shooting from distance, and I got a lot better at it fairly quickly. I'm not saying it's exactly the same, but why is it so hard for a professional footballer, who spends a lot more time training than an under-16 team player, can't improve their technique?
I actually think it is mentaility thing rather than ability.
The question is, why are they so scared to have a try?

You can see Kamara panic when an opportunity to shoot comes. It truly is baffling why gerrard doesn’t encourage it.

He said he wants more shots from outside the box after a game recently, but I’m learning more and more - and not in a critical way - that what Gerrard says to the press may be very different to what’s actually happening.

Kamara is like a rabbit in the headlights when he has a chance to shoot genuinely strange

You watch Kamara at times and you can see he’s come from Wenger’s Arsenal academy.

Lovely on the ball, but lacking physicality, aggression and power.

Someone did however say he was hitting a few from distance for Finland the other week - is that true?

At Ibrox the other week we were getting shots away

At the weekend we were back to our usual, trying to walk the ball into the net.

So predictable

Airfield has a go

You watch Kamara at times and you can see he’s come from Wenger’s Arsenal academy.

Lovely on the ball, but lacking physicality, aggression and power.

Someone did however say he was hitting a few from distance for Finland the other week - is that true?
Hell be hoping Gerrard wasn't watching.
Can't be having that at Ibrox :confused:

Back