Should Barker get punted before the window closes?

Yes, we cannot rely on a valuable contribution from him in this second half of the season. His repeated running straight into the opposition does my head in, especially against low level opposition. The boy is not to the standard required. Why Gerrard brought him on at hampden instead of stewart I will never know

If Jones hadn't got himself injured, I don't think we'd have seen anything of Barker this season so far...

100%. He'd be ok in a counter attacking team who want to sit and defend, RB up the park and he's got acres to run into with no defender to beat.

Yes he should, but we need a replacement. Kai Kennedy isn’t ready and the size of Tom Thumb

Must admit I've seen nothing in him to suggest he will make it so best for all concerned to move on imho. If someone will take him that is.

Seen nothing from Barker which suggests we’d miss him. It’s a head scratcher why he was brought in.

He actually has the attributes, just seems to maybe be suited to a team hitting on the break perhaps. I agree that we haven't saw anything from him, I remember seeing him at Hibs against us and gave me genuine fear running at our defence.

Seems to do the same step over, or knocks the ball in front of him - but seems to always hit the other player. Far too predictable and defo should go.

Seems odd to me that we are looking to move Murphy on yet no talk of getting shot of Barker. Barker has had more opportunities and completely failed to grasp them.

He's been like a man down everytime he's come on. Definitely not good enough, even for the bench.

He one that I can’t make my mind up on as he’s not had enough game time but what he shows when he does come on is nothing so for that reason I would sell him or get him out on loan as surely Gerrard seen something in him to bring him to Ibrox

Yes, we got the wrong Barker, should have got Ronnie instead. At least we would have got four candles (or even fork handles)

Expected better from him. Sell Sell Sell. Mark Allan paniced just before Kent completed signing.

Signing him in the first place looked odd, and giving him a three year contract was very surprising. I think we’ll struggle to offload him.

I know. He loves the club, we love him but he isn't good enough for where we want to be or the fight to get there.
The squad at the moment is the best since 2011, however even our first team at the moment will need to be better is we are going to win the league every year and compete in the CL.

Get the feeling that Barker and Jones were brought in as a provisional plan B had the Kent deal fallen through. Can’t imagine he’s on particularly large wages so was probably worth the punt. He’s obviously not going to feature regularly for us going forward and doesn’t make a massive impact from the bench so he’s probably as well moving on for the sake of his career and our P&L.

Don't see what he brings to the team, he was dreadful against Stranraer...

Absolutely. I'm not sure who rates him or who thought it was a good idea to bring him in but I'd rather we shipped him out and gave Middleton his place on the bench. Middleton is a better and more direct player IMO.

Every time Barker gets off the bench, I roll my eyes and think to myself 'How is he going to improve us in this game?' He just hasn't shown any kind of exciting flair or talent that makes him stand out.

I do remember him playing well in those games against us but he hasn't shown anything at all in a Rangers shirt to get excited about. Obviously if he was given an extended run in the team he could vastly improve like Barasic/Aribo but we don't have any room for under performers in the run-in. I would get rid.

Back