Should cup money be pooled together ?

I agree, but think that's why there needs to be a mechanism to curb bigger teams from getting bigger.

We already find it impossible to compete with Champions League teams because big teams have been allowed to get bigger - it replicates it's way into the league system.
Cant see it happening tbh. That horse has bolted, the ffp rules arent even applied properly. Sponsors dont care about the national leagues when the Champions league is seen as the holy grail

Teams like Stranraer pray for us or them due to the support that both can bring.

It’s not fair on a small team like that losing out on a genuine windfall because an Aberdeen is due an even split of 38k gate money receipt while having a pitiful attendance themselves.

I'm in work so plenty time :)) More importantly I need to start posting more to get lounge access back so I'll sit and argue all day long :p

I don't think it needs to be a sustainable challenge, the bigger teams will always do better on the whole, but there needs to be a belief that when you've collected a great team, the right manager and all things have clicked for that one season, that you can go win the title.
Only got 108 posts to go:))

I like your idea OP but others have already pointed out the downsides, most notably taking away the romance of the cup and the desire of smaller teams to go as far as they can to get the big draws.

So, heres a compromise. Every home team gives the sfa say 10% (off the top of my head) of the gate, then splits the rest (minus costs) 50-50 as usual. At the end of the competition that money then gets split between all teams in competition depending on what round they reach. Therefore giving all the smaller teams a guaranteed bonus, but without taking away the chance of an even bigger payout if the draw is kind to them. Unless they have a plastic pitch and they get nothing. ;)

giphy.gif

Not for me, it would benefit teams who wouldn't deserve it. Plus I don't want to subsidise teams who hate us.

Back