Should Fashion Sakala be starting?

Homelander

I genuinely think he's our best option for the problem wide right position

Matondo got a great assist today, but I just feel he holds back to much. Fashion looks right up for it and so direct any time he plays.

His unpredictability is arguably his biggest asset

Not sure he’s a starter but he should be playing a lot more than he has been doing. Gio not managing him well at all even though we have been poor on the wings.

He’s better than Scott Wright and arguably Matondo current poor form aside.

Probably would score the most out of all our wide players if they all played the same amount.

Not great but worth using until we can move him on.

When he's advancing, he was able to find space and good end product today. Easier against 10 men but he never put a foot wrong.

Against the dross in our league? Absolutely.

I back him over wright and matondo to have a tangible impact, though matondo did play well today.

I like him, he's direct and beats his man more times than not.
I get that he's not technically the best but what's the harm in trying him on the left in place of Kent?

You would hope Matondo gets some confidence from today. Tough away venue against the 3rd best team. Assist as well.

Sakala is such a goal threat though

Absolutely no reason why either Matondo or Wright are getting on instead of him that I can see. Personally I think Alfie there would have given us much more than any of them.

I do like Sakala, and he did really well when he came on today. But we need to remember that Hearts were dead on their feet and there was a lot of space for him to exploit. I imagine he'd have struggled a bit as well given the way they would have pressed him and closed the space in the first half.

I'd rather see us play 3-5-2 with Tav and Borna providing width and Colak and Morelos up front. Kent/Tillman/Lawrence in the 10 role and you have a really attacking setup that would get goals.

Definitely.

Matondo kept out of the side by Scott Wright, gets a start, he needs to be breaking his neck to to and keep the shirt. Sakala offered a lot more energy, deserves a go

A direct player like Sakala will look effective when Hearts are open like in the second half. Would have liked to see him on earlier.

Honestly think all our options on the right are rubbish and you could pretty much roll a dice and choose one of them and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Back