Should Fashion Sakala be starting?

Yes he did more in twenty minutes than matondo did in 70 mins. Kent needs to get his confidence back he was pretty poor barring his assist and goal. Sakala looks hungry and seems to have improved technically, he deserves more game time to show that improvement.

It's a real conundrum right now. I want to see more of Sakala, but against weaker teams and as a sub. His lack of tactical discipline is a limitation against better teams. As much as he has his limitations with his final ball, I'd still pick Scott Wright ahead of Sakala and Matondo (and Sakala before Matondo). He tracks back and still has the pace to attack defenders, win set pieces etc. Matondo's assist buys him time, but he needs to really step up his performances soon. Against the Tims or in Europe, maybe you play Tillman the right of the front three, but I really want him playing in midfield as much as possible rather than out there. I'd also like to see Alfie tried out there.

Definitely needs more game time, I've always seen some sort of threat from him whenever he comes on, something always happens or falls his way.

Ball retention is spot on too, tricky feet in tight areas.

I genuinely think he's our best option for the problem wide right position

Matondo got a great assist today, but I just feel he holds back to much. Fashion looks right up for it and so direct any time he plays.

His unpredictability is arguably his biggest asset
I would say yes, his instinct is to play forward, he will take on the defence and him and Tav link up better - Wrights control is poor, looks like he’s trying to trap a ballon every time the ball is played to him and Matondo lacks physicality

Yes, miles ahead of matondo. Matondo must be awesome in training because he’s never a right winger

Matondo got a great assist today, but I just feel he holds back to much. Fashion looks right up for it and so direct any time he plays.

Absolutely not.

I would have him ahead of Matondo. Will %^*& up some times but will carry a threat and always fight

He needs a player capable of finding him. The guy has devastating pace and crucially he can finish (the reason Gerrard brought him here) he's capable of burning any defender but we don't have anyone with the guile to regularly pick him out.

Not necessarily starting (personally, I would) but he should be used more often…I think he’s been treated very shabbily by Gio.

Don’t really rate him but Matondo apart from his assist offered nothing and Wright is well below the required standard so he’s worth a chance.

Yea… start him on the right on Tuesday and he will give everything up and down. Matondo, Wright… won’t be in it enough.

I’m not Sakala’s biggest fan but based on honking form of his competition - he should have the pick of either the right or left forward positions.

Reactions: WBD
Depends whether you harbour ambitions of us winning things.

He’s a headless chicken, for every good thing he does there are 5 that have you tearing your hair out.

We’ve seen enough to know he’s not a viable starter, it’s beyond doubt

Should be starting more and was his usual happy self at the end of the match with the coaches. His attitude is faultless.

Fashion Jr is not, by any stretch of the imagination, the most talented player that’s ever graced our historic home, but that is unimportant, he tries his heart out, always smiling and does a good job for us when he does play. To put it into perspective, big Marv Andrews was never our best ever centre back.

Kent does not merit a starting place , playing against a hearts team demoralised and down to 10 men and still poor.
I'd play matondo in Kent's place and sakala on right.

Yet Kent has an assist, for the opening goal, and a goal today. Im not saying he was great but you cant argue with his impact on the result.

Motondo was poor again today

Give Matondo a run of starts and give him a decent opportunity. If he's not on it I'd be going for Sakala

Even when space is tight Sakala can at times wriggle free and go on a run.

Matondo just seems to get bumped off the ball so easy when someone is tight to him.

What I like about sakala is that he will never stop running or trying. Might not be pretty at times what he does but some1 who runs at you all day with eventually wear you down and cause the full back to make mistakes.
Nothing worse than playing against an energetic person when your pinned in

I've said it before that he has been treated very poorly by the manager. He was excellent against Hearts last season as well. More of a goal threat than Matondo and Wright.

I’m far from his biggest fan but we have tried plenty of options there this season and none of them have convinced me that they are better than Fashion. Given his goal contributions last season he should have featured more.

He was absolutely woeful the last time he started, against QOS.

However, he did well when he came on today.
He definitely lacks consistency.

Matondo did well enough today too, but Tom Lawrence will definitely be first choice on the right, when he's fit again.

In a period where noone was making the position their own and we were struggling for goals he should have been given a chance. I know he's erratic but his record last year was decent

Back