Should Fashion Sakala be starting?

I would like to see him get a run in the starting eleven. His direct approach and unorthodox style brings something to the right hand side that we’ve been badly missing. He deserves a chance, and I would like him starting v Liverpool.

What I like about him is how direct and positive he is…. He doesn’t stand on the ball and take 10 touches and then play backwards, always looks to beat his man and go forward.

I wondered why in the pressers his lack of involvement was not brought up…

He had 12 goals last season plus a few assists, yet was nowwhere to be seen at the start. Surely the manager has to answer why ???

Perfect player for games against these sort of Scottish teams , not sure I would trust him in a more technical/ close match.
Should certainly play next Sunday against Motherwell, we all know how that ends :D

Sakala is a right-winger, not a central striker. He can do damage with is pace, particularly against left-footed left-backs who are happy to deal with wingers who always want to go on the outside but are uncomfortable when the winger goes inside and they have to challenge from their weaker foot.

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but he’s always enthusiastic and has cracking pace and skill. His final ball and decision making does let him down at times but that can be worked on.

I’d definitely give him a run in the league.

He’ll be on the bench on Wednesday as I can’t see Gio starting him but a decent option regardless.

Really pleased he got his goal today and he took it well.

I'd definitely be giving them both a good amount of game time in the league. Tony Goalak needs that continuous wide option before making his runs. If we play Tony we need wide men.

I think today’s performance in the second half in particular put’s him in the driving position for the RW spot.

Matondo’s performance confirms Kent on the LW.

I think today’s performance in the wecond half in particular put’s him in the driving position for the RW spot.

Matondo’s performance confirms Kent on the LW.
Correct.

Sakala was finding his way into the game first half, bearing in mind he’s hardly kicked a ball all season he was world class for me in that second half and ripped them asunder.

Correct.

Sakala was finding his way into the game first half, bearing in mind he’s hardly kicked a ball all season he was world class for me in that second half and ripped them asunder.
He was very good all game…world class is a stretch. :)

He’s a delight to watch and hopefully he’ll now get a run of games.

There’s a very good player in there…today looked as though some the rough edges had been chipped away at.

He naturally wants to run at defenders and make runs out other wingers don’t. Granted his crossing needs work but at least he tries

Sakala should never be in any starting 11,rank.
That might be an attempt at humour.
If not humour, then to say he’s rank is very disrespectful to the wee fella.
Did you not see how well he played in the second half today.

Really good game from Sakala today, definite improvement in his defensive contributions as well - wonder if he has been working on it.

That might be an attempt at humour.
If not humour, then to say he’s rank is very disrespectful to the wee fella.
Did you not see how well he played in the second half today.
I did see he done quite well in the 2nd Half against St Mirren at Ibrox yes.

He looks like he has improved technically from last season too. Hes a loveable wee guy, its great to see him back in the fold and hes definitely won the starting RW position for me now
This for me. His touch was much better, and was his knock ons past the defender, previously he would knock it too long, but he had them on toast in the second half.
It’s the first time in ages I felt our right winger was going to do something exciting.

What are you talking about !
Sorry what a player,he’s really really good.
Whilst others try to articulate the pros and cons of Fashion Jnr getting into the starting eleven, you just choose to be facetious.
It’s a genuinely great topic that divides the support and is always up for discussion.
Specially on a day like today when the wee man played really well and finished off a great move with a fine finish.

Fashion Sakala has never started more than two competive games for us. A shocking stat that is but if we give this guy a proper chance and from what I've seen last year, he will score then we are laughing.

I've been laughed at for saying we should get 5m minimum for him. He is a dangerous player, when he has the ball in an attacking position he's electric. He doesn't always pull it off but from any winger I don't expect it too. As a winger they need to take those chances.

You see him misplace a basic pass or three Today but then he got into it and then played some lovely triangles. Imagine what he could be with a run of games!

Back