Should Gio Van Bronckhorst be added to Gerrards background team?

He helped Feyenoord win their first league title in 20 odd years.
Personally a big fan of Gio and he's played for us and one day i'd like to see him manage us one day.
What are my fellow bears thoughts?
None of the current team have won anything in there previous capacity in management.
Gio has won things and Souness had Sir Walter behind him.
Maybe a good addition to the coaching team and future manager i.e Souness Smith era.
I believe Gerrard is the man for us and will hopefully learn from his mistakes so far.
Edit: He's also leaving Feyenoord at end of season.
Better to remain quiet and have folk think you’re a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Some amount of shite on here from new starts.
May not have mentioned this but I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to limit the ability to start new threads until a poster had 100 likes?
Would stop a lot of this and point to timposters as they helped their mates build up their likes.

It’s this sort of clueless, I’ll thought-out post that makes FF a hysterical place to be

Last edited:
Some amount of shite on here from new starts.
May not have mentioned this but I was wondering if it'd be a good idea to limit the ability to start new threads until a poster had 100 likes?
Would stop a lot of this and point to timposters as they helped their mates build up their likes.

You've been pushing this line for a while now and, initially, I thought it nonsense. You're winning me round. Keep plugging away.:)

That said, I've seen some utter shit posted by guys with more than 5000 posts to their name (and I don't exempt myself from that:().

You've been pushing this line for a while now and, initially, I thought it nonsense. You're winning me round. Keep plugging away.:)

That said, I've seen some utter shit posted by guys with more than 5000 posts to their name (and I don't exempt myself from that:().

If you waste as much time on here as we do then you begin to notice common aspects in some newby posts. They don't come right out and criticise, they've learned not to be so blatant, they're always "right behind X", they just innocently want to know "what everybody thinks". But it's a thinly disguised invite to pile in and sadly a lot of genuine bears do. Another ploy is the "I'm at Uni and need this for a paper I'm doing" tack but it's the same thing.
I also wonder why these 'genuine bears' wait until there's an opportunity to encourage negative views? They also tend to disappear after getting what they want.
The 100 likes replaced 100 posts as it's more difficult to amass likes than posts and analysis of the 'like' posters of suspect posts may help id the sleepers, the number is just arbitrary.
IMHO it's absolutely stupidity to believe that we don't have a sizeable percentage of journalists, timposters, sheep and general anti-Rangers ne'er do wells who pollute the board for their own purposes. I think my suggestion would reduce that.

Last edited:
He helped Feyenoord win their first league title in 20 odd years.
Personally a big fan of Gio and he's played for us and one day i'd like to see him manage us one day.
What are my fellow bears thoughts?
None of the current team have won anything in there previous capacity in management.
Gio has won things and Souness had Sir Walter behind him.
Maybe a good addition to the coaching team and future manager i.e Souness Smith era.
I believe Gerrard is the man for us and will hopefully learn from his mistakes so far.
Edit: He's also leaving Feyenoord at end of season.
It doesn’t work like that I’m afraid,this isn’t champ manager

Just reading that thread title in utter bemusement

We would probably seriously struggle to get Gio as a number one yet people seriously believe he would come as part of a backroom team.?

Back