Should Gio Van Bronckhorst be added to Gerrards background team?

DJ_RFC_1872

He helped Feyenoord win their first league title in 20 odd years.
Personally a big fan of Gio and he's played for us and one day i'd like to see him manage us one day.
What are my fellow bears thoughts?
None of the current team have won anything in there previous capacity in management.
Gio has won things and Souness had Sir Walter behind him.
Maybe a good addition to the coaching team and future manager i.e Souness Smith era.
I believe Gerrard is the man for us and will hopefully learn from his mistakes so far.
Edit: He's also leaving Feyenoord at end of season.

He wouldn't be a part of the team, he would be a replacement manager.

He's won the Eredivisie and two KNVB cups in four years for god's sake.

It's a richer league with more prestige in a country with three times the population. I can't get my head around anyone thinking that someone doing well there in management would come here in a background role.

It's a richer league with more prestige in a country with three times the population. I can't get my head around anyone thinking that someone doing well there in management would come here in a background role.
To prep him for it Scottish football is different to Dutch football.

He helped Feyenoord win their first league title in 20 odd years.
Personally a big fan of Gio and he's played for us and one day i'd like to see him manage us one day.
What are my fellow bears thoughts?
None of the current team have won anything in there previous capacity in management.
Gio has won things and Souness had Sir Walter behind him.
Maybe a good addition to the coaching team and future manager i.e Souness Smith era.
I believe Gerrard is the man for us and will hopefully learn from his mistakes so far.
Edit: He's also leaving Feyenoord at end of season.
You cant be serious surely?

I think you and the rest of the people on this are missing the point but its fine we'll learn from this and go again. 7-10 days.
What point am I missing exactly? I like your enthusiasm but Gio is a manager who has win things! He ain't going to any club to be someones backroom staff lol

As big a name as Gerrard is, GVB has far more clout as a manager and will not be taking a back seat to someone in his first year of senior management. But I think you already know that. At least I hope you do.

Not sure why a far more experienced manager like GVB would want to join Gerrard or anyone else’s background team.

crazy why would he do that hes been a 1st team manager longer than gerrard , people that should be added to the coaching team thomson or lovenkrands

Would have preferred GVB over Gerrard when the job was available. We needed an experienced and successful manager rather than taking a punt on a rookie (albeit one who'd had a fantastic playing career). Sadly, too often this season Gerrard's lack of experience has been shown. Another wasted season unfortunately.

You keep thinking it’s not possible to read any more crazy nonsense on here and then you’re shown that it’s possible. Where to start with this!?!

Sometimes you’ll see a thread on here that is beyond comprehension and makes absolutely zero logical sense.

This is one of them.

Mayhem.

I don't get it with GvB. Maybe it's the fact he's an ex player?

Don't rate him as a manager and there are a number of weaknesses in his locker. Clearly not going to come to Rangers as a number 2 and I wouldn't want him as manager. Said so when his name was linked.

The Feyenoord fan on here will be able to tell more about GvB.

No one should ever be forced onto a manager. He picks his back room staff. Plus GvB won’t be taking a role like that either

Back