Should Jamie Murphy be loaned out

KGR98

Having come back from Injury recently and with the amount of Depth we have in his position should he be loaned out this season for the first 6 months at least to get decent game time after his injury

Was thinking that during the game today. If fully fit, he'd be an important player for us but given the length of his absence, I feel he needs to be playing regularly to get back up to speed and it would seem competition will be very strong in that area of the team. A loan until January might be the best option.

Same would go for Jake Hastie, I think he may go out on loan should Ryan Kent return for another spell.

I’d loan him out until January. He’s going to need time to get match fit, and in reality, he’s not going to get that in such a competitive squad.

No no no

Ffs he was arguably our best player before his injury on a shitty plastic pitch. He’ll be good for us this season again
I'm not convinced mate. Happy for him to prove me wrong though.

We simply HAVE to get bodies out the door. Wouldn't surprise me if he was one of them.

Not sure if he'll be the same player after that injury. It messes with a player mentally I hope he has the strength to build his confidence again, but game time is what he needs to achieve that and I'm not sure he'll get much, especially if Kent comes back

We need him but it'll be another 6 months or so until he's properly fit and ready again. I just hope people afford the guy a bit of patience and don't expect fireworks straight away.

I remember some wanted Naismith sold when he came back from his long term injury and didn't hit form straight away.

Why has everyone got it in for him? He was looking excellent before his injury and with 40+ games we need options.

He was playing in the EPL before he came to us and isn't exactly old.

Probably just ‘his turn’. We’ve had Tav, Jack, Morelos - it’s just Jamie’s turn now. Give the guy a chance. Hopefully he will see game time against St Joseph’s, Blackburn and Derby to help get him back in the groove.

I'm not convinced mate. Happy for him to prove me wrong though.

We simply HAVE to get bodies out the door. Wouldn't surprise me if he was one of them.

I hope you are wrong too mate:))

I Just feel that we need to give him time and patience to get him back into the form he was in pre injury

Before his injury did he not average either a goal or assist every 90 mins or so? If he is back up to the standard he was pre-injury he is more than good enough.

We actually don’t have that much depth in his position. We have loads of right sided wide players but only Jones and Murphy are naturally left sided and only Murphy plays as left inside forward. If we got Kent or a left sided striker it would change it but we should be keeping him now

My worry is how long it’ll take him to get up to speed, if we can give him that game time, and if he can still be the same player with age not on his side.

The coaching staff will be in a better position than me to decide on that.

We would need a different first choice left winger, which I assume would be Kent.

I definitely wouldn’t loan him out, that would be a pointless exercise. Maybe unless it was a short term loan until January, to a team like Hearts.

I’d rather have him in the squad but if a reasonable bid comes in, I’d let him go.

I'm not sure he will get enough match minutes with us, would like to see him on loan till January.

No, he needs to be managed correctly this year and that is best to be done by our management team.

He will be a big player for us this year.

If we get Kent back then a honestly can't see where he fits. Jones really impressed today as did candeias. Would move him on if Kent does come back but would be a hard one to shift.

We've moved forward since Murphy played. I don't think Murphy will get anywhere near the starting 11 this season.

If we don’t get Kent back then it’s Jones or Murphy for that position. Jones has started reasonably well and will surprise a few but the only other option bar those two (assuming Kent doesn’t come back) is switching Hastie over there. I was puzzled Hastie didn’t even make the bench today. Maybe took a knock in training? ‘Wingers’ go in and out of form on a regular basis so it’s best to have options.

Having come back from Injury recently and with the amount of Depth we have in his position should he be loaned out this season for the first 6 months at least to get decent game time after his injury
If Kent comes in you would think his future lies elsewhere?

If Middleton goes I’d keep him.

It’s easy to forget we struggled to fill a subs bench at times last year during November, December and January. We lost silly points in that spell that ultimately cost us the title.

Will take time to get up to speed but he has shown he has goals and assists in him in this league and with better players around him will have a part to play

I'm not sure what time you mean? it is the end of the close season and he is only a game or two behind. That is not a major amount. Look at Stewart & Hastie, never even got game time today, will it take them time to get up to speed.

He'll not play two games in a week, but will play one, and managed correctly will be a good player for us.

We've moved forward since Murphy played. I don't think Murphy will get anywhere near the starting 11 this season.
That is my fear. He is only getting older whilst out team and style of play is only getting younger and quicker.

How do we give him the game time he needs to get up to speed? I just don't think we can.

Add in his high'ish wages and our tight'ish budget and i see him going out on loan with the end game being to sell him.

Shame, a player i like but i think his injury whilst terrible for the player has come at a terrible time for him with regards to a playing career at Rangers.

I think he has missed the boat. As i said in my first post i say that with total respect to the player.

That is sport at a professional level. Especially if you want to create an elite level environment.

Yes we should loan out. He will not get much game time in view of our current squad size. If we get Kent even less so.

In my opinion he will be lucky to make the bench this season.

If Kent comes in you would think his future lies elsewhere?
I reckon so I wouldn't sell as he is a talented player but I'd loan him to a trusted manager in England to ensure he gets enough games this season as Kent coming in would be another player in his position

If we don’t get Kent back then it’s Jones or Murphy for that position. Jones has started reasonably well and will surprise a few but the only other option bar those two (assuming Kent doesn’t come back) is switching Hastie over there. I was puzzled Hastie didn’t even make the bench today. Maybe took a knock in training? ‘Wingers’ go in and out of form on a regular basis so it’s best to have options.

While you are echoing the point I made, it is worth noting that many of our naturally right sided players are comfortable switching, particularly Ojo. I always prefer players on their natural sides though.

I think Gerrard intends all 3 of the front players to switch quite a lot though so i’d suspect that our wingers will not stick rigidly to one side.

Murphy will have a big part to play for us this season , he was excellent for us before his injury and chipped in with some goals i would keep him

Think he might start Thursday, be a big 60 minutes for him physically and mentally. Hope he makes it

Back