Should Jamie Murphy be loaned out

Think you're being a bit harsh mate.

I remember him starting well under Gerrard (MOTM at Pittodrie, scoring in Europe) and he's actually deceptively quick.

However, I'd reckon he's at least 6 weeks away yet from being able to show us what he may offer.

Almost a year out of football with such a horrific injury gets him as much time as he needs for me.

I could be harsh but - I’m not sure if we have the time to see if he’s still got it or not. Every player has to contribute.

We say this every season but, the first 5/6 games we need maximum points. If JM is happy being 4th/5th choice then he will stay. He’s going to be behind Arfield, Ojo, Jones, Kent? Candeias at the moment.

We don’t all need to agree on everything. I think come the end of the season it will be evident. He appears to be behind JJ in the pecking order and will be third choice at best if Kent comes back.
Well at least I agree with your first two sentences

I could be harsh but - I’m not sure if we have the time to see if he’s still got it or not. Every player has to contribute.

We say this every season but, the first 5/6 games we need maximum points. If JM is happy being 4th/5th choice then he will stay. He’s going to be behind Arfield, Ojo, Jones, Kent? Candeias at the moment.

He'll be behind them all until he's fully fit mate and he won't be going anywhere until his rehab is completed.

However when he is fully fit, assuming we continue with the Xmas tree formation, he'll be very comfortable in one of the two roles behind the striker.

Arfield and Ojo are in pole position for them just now, but he'll certainly be competing with Stewart, Jones, Candeias and Hastie for one of the spots, should there be any squad rotation.

Remember we'll hopefully be playing 2 games a week until Xmas, so I'm sure he'll get an opportunity at some point.

It'll be up to him to take his chance.

JM has ben unlucky but between him and Dorrans we need to cut our losses at some point. Fully fit, both players would have been great assets but at their age I just can't see it happening now.

Its an important season, I can't see JM dislodging any of the players we've just invested in.

JM has ben unlucky but between him and Dorrans we need to cut our losses at some point. Fully fit, both players would have been great assets but at their age I just can't see it happening now.

Its an important season, I can't see JM dislodging any of the players we've just invested in.

If Murphy regains fitness and form he's a better player than either Jones or Candeias in my view. Don't think he'd displace Ojo or, in the event he returns, Kent right enough. Then theres the whole issue of what formation we see as our primary 'weapon'.

You talk about him like he's an old man. He's younger than Arfield!

If Murphy regains fitness and form he's a better player than either Jones or Candeias in my view. Don't think he'd displace Ojo or, in the event he returns, Kent right enough. Then theres the whole issue of what formation we see as our primary 'weapon'.

Not to mention Davis or Defoe.

Never looked anything above average technically, had very little pace to speak of yet his stats for the months of his loan were staggering. A tremendously effective player, who seemed to be in the right place at the right time consistently. He's clearly a very intelligent player, I just hope he's not done after that bad iniury.

He's not fitter faster, or even technically better than Candeias and likely not Jones but his effectiveness can't be argued and that's what matters. His assists and goals were tremendous. As I said in my last post, a very very intelligent player.

I would rather give Murphy a run than further develop Ryan Kent for Liverpool to profit from. He’s our player and he was our best player before his injury. Let’s get our moneys worth instead of another costly pay off after he’s forgotten about on loan!

I would rather give Murphy a run than further develop Ryan Kent for Liverpool to profit from. He’s our player and he was our best player before his injury. Let’s get our moneys worth instead of another costly pay off after he’s forgotten about on loan!

You would rather play Murphy than Kent? In what universe is Murphy a better player? Murphy stood out against some shite teams. The minute he played the mhanks he shat the bed. Done nothing. Thankfully our gaffer knows that we need better. He could arguably be good enough for the bench and play against some of the bottom six teams. If you done a straw poll among the SPL players and asked who they would rather face. Murphy or kent? Murphy would landslide it. Even before his injury he seemed to slow us down. I think by the close of the window some will be in for a shock. By next summer we will definitely be faster and stronger up top. You think an ageing Murphy will be holding down a place in our front 3?

Can someone answer this one? I remember Murphy back in his motherwell days being fast, I mean genuine pace. Now considering that the last time we saw him in competitive action for us he was only 28, he looked slow as a week in the jail. Was i imagining him having pace or has he had other serious injuries in the past ?

Can someone answer this one? I remember Murphy back in his motherwell days being fast, I mean genuine pace. Now considering that the last time we saw him in competitive action for us he was only 28, he looked slow as a week in the jail. Was i imagining him having pace or has he had other serious injuries in the past ?

Funnily enough, according to one of our medical team I know, he's deceptively quick.

His words, not mine.

That was prior to his injury obviously.

I know he also put on half a stone of muscle on his upper body during his rehab.

Also did very well in the endurance runs in Portugal, despite still being on his rehab programme.

Clearly a naturally fit guy.

Funnily enough, according to one of our medical team I know, he's deceptively quick.

His words, not mine.

That was prior to his injury obviously.

I know he also put on half a stone of muscle on his upper body during his rehab.

Also did very well in the endurance runs in Portugal, despite still being on his rehab programme.

Clearly a naturally fit guy.
I always remember him having a turn of pace, not dissimilar to Wallace i.e. slow to start but pretty quick once up to speed. I'd hope so right enough, he looks about 9 stone!

I seem to remember The Gaffer saying that we wouldn't be seeing a fully fit Murphy for at least 3to 4 months I would hope that during that time he will be looked after and be given minutes gradually as in todays match with Cambridge he'll work on his fitness and if he's up to speed by the New Year he'll be kept if not then he'll be moved on whether that be a loan or a sale that's what I would like to see whether it works out like that I've no idea.

Absolutely no chance, a very talented and experienced player with the club at this heart, he has a lot to offer and will be like a new signing for us.

Think he will struggle to get sufficient game time this season.
Still a good option to have off the bench if needed though but I don't think we will see him anywhere near up to speed for a long time yet.

Convinced we would have won the league had he stayed fit last season. Batter in with the abuse
Hes a starter if fit clever, clever player and good for a goal

Murphy was a standout in murtys team then looked even better in the few games he played for gerrard . Once he’s fit he’s one of our best players if he can play like he did before his injury

You would rather play Murphy than Kent? In what universe is Murphy a better player? Murphy stood out against some shite teams. The minute he played the mhanks he shat the bed. Done nothing. Thankfully our gaffer knows that we need better. He could arguably be good enough for the bench and play against some of the bottom six teams. If you done a straw poll among the SPL players and asked who they would rather face. Murphy or kent? Murphy would landslide it. Even before his injury he seemed to slow us down. I think by the close of the window some will be in for a shock. By next summer we will definitely be faster and stronger up top. You think an ageing Murphy will be holding down a place in our front 3?
Absolutely. We paid good money for him a year ago - if he goes out on loan now he will be forgotten about and no doubt moved on for free in the summer, or get a pay off like we will no doubt do with Dorrans. So yes is it really shocking to want me to see us get value out of our own player, who’s one of us, and whom we spend money on than to pay big wages to develop a player for Liverpool to profit on? If we were buying Kent I would have a different opinion, but we are not. I like loan deals when we either sign excellent proven players who we could never get otherwise (Defoe), or players like Murphy on a “try before you buy”. Other than that it should be limited to one really promising player (we have that in Ojo) and the rest our own boys. For as much as I really liked Kent, I did not think he was as important as this site seemed to make out. His 4 assists all season backs this up. For me he was a poor mans Arfield, but it’s all about opinions and that’s only mine. I think Kamara, Jack, Aribo, Arfield and Davis will be fighting it out for the midfield slots and Stewart, Jones, Candieas, Murphy And Ojo for the the wide players. 5 players for two positions seems fine to me. If Kent is to come back I see him more as the number 10 where he was more effective than another wide player.

How can we put him on loan? That would just leave us Jones. If he gets injured or suspended we have no left wing - As it stands we need Murphy.
He can get up to fitness over the next 6 weeks in friendlies / reserve games/ U21 games etc.

It’s a tough one. They’re is definitely much more competition now for his spot.

I think the gaffer should give him as much game time as possible just now to see if can make progress. If we then get Kent, then i’d look to loan him out for 4 months at the end of August. He’s much more likely to be the player we need with game time under his belt. I’d look to Motherwell or somewhere with a half decent pitch.

Absolutely. We paid good money for him a year ago - if he goes out on loan now he will be forgotten about and no doubt moved on for free in the summer, or get a pay off like we will no doubt do with Dorrans. So yes is it really shocking to want me to see us get value out of our own player, who’s one of us, and whom we spend money on than to pay big wages to develop a player for Liverpool to profit on? If we were buying Kent I would have a different opinion, but we are not. I like loan deals when we either sign excellent proven players who we could never get otherwise (Defoe), or players like Murphy on a “try before you buy”. Other than that it should be limited to one really promising player (we have that in Ojo) and the rest our own boys. For as much as I really liked Kent, I did not think he was as important as this site seemed to make out. His 4 assists all season backs this up. For me he was a poor mans Arfield, but it’s all about opinions and that’s only mine. I think Kamara, Jack, Aribo, Arfield and Davis will be fighting it out for the midfield slots and Stewart, Jones, Candieas, Murphy And Ojo for the the wide players. 5 players for two positions seems fine to me. If Kent is to come back I see him more as the number 10 where he was more effective than another wide player.

We play the best players available to us. Murphy isn't one of them. Who cares if he is one of our own if they win 9 or 10? Who would buy Murphy anyway? He is not an EPL standard player and would struggle to get into a decent championship side. I think he will end up back at Motherwell and wish him all the best. Would def loan him there first.

For as much as I really liked Kent, I did not think he was as important as this site seemed to make out. His 4 assists all season backs this up.
I personally don't think Kent is coming back this season and people need be more relaxed about that outcome. However this doesn't give us the true picture.

Kent turned up in the big games and massively so. He had outstanding games against them in three out of the four games and in many ways that's hugely valuable to us. Our depth in the attacking midfield positions now should be enough to beat every team in the league on the vast majority of occasions. In games against them you need something different and a lot of that is mental strength.

Back