Should Porteous still have been on the park at 90min.

Jase

Kept going down like he’d been stabbed any time AM came within 5 feet. Rolling about holding the wrong bits of his body trying to get Alfie done.

Beaton susses this and gives him a bollocking but he just laughs in Beaton’s face. Strikes me a lot of officials would dish a yellow for that.

He then fells RK for the penalty. 2nd yellow?

Kept going down like he’d been stabbed any time AM came within 5 feet. Rolling about holding the wrong bits of his body trying to get Alfie done.

Beaton susses this and gives him a bollocking but he just laughs in Beaton’s face. Strikes me a lot of officials would dish a yellow for that.

Na, there was contact so he was more guilty of exaggeration than simulation. Ref got it right, seemed to more or less stop after the bollocking, besides, we wouldn't have got to see his pain and if he was happy or not if he went off.

Several hibs players should have been booked, it was ridiculous, constant fouling. I agree refs should be wise to the diving and play acting as well!
They were embarrassing last night! Obvious tactic whenever there was contact, spoiling the game at every opportunity.

I couldn't care less about Porteous. The best thing to do is just win our games. He is getting what he wants with threads like this, that is living in the heads of some of us. Don't give him the oxygen.

It's not a booking for the penalty as it's trip imo but he should have been booked for the diving

i cant wait until he is playing for raith rovers in the championship. Spends the whole game trying to get others sent off.

It's Porteous, of course he should have been off the pitch. I don't think he's played a game ever where he shouldn't have been sent off for diving, fouling or trying to break someone.

if anyone looking at last night wants to pick apart the refs performance based on a stonewall penalty actually given should ask the questions

- Boyle allowed to take out breaking players twice with no card

- Cadden allowed to commit numerous fouls with barely a word spoken, the first of which was a booking itself

- Newell allowed to commit at least 7 fouls if not more, one of which was an off the ball take out of Tav, in a 5 min spell he committed 3 fouls of which 2 should have seen a card

- McGinn allowed to commit dissent at the penalty, then was booked for a lesser show of dissent

- Campbell allowed to start manhandling Hagi after he fouled Ianis & wasn't even spoken to

whilst we get Tav booked for what appeared to be his first and only foul committed

Cant stand the guy but this thread is a bit embarrasing ! Dont think he done too much wrong last night I think Porteous is begining to get into peoples heads.
Porteus is trying to act like Brown or Griffiths the boy has no personality of his own.
Known more for daft challenges and given away goals than for football.

Probably a yellow at most for his attempts at simulation, the big diddy actually had a good game from their pov until the pen.

If the Ref books the first player who dives it stops

if anyone looking at last night wants to pick apart the refs performance based on a stonewall penalty actually given should ask the questions

- Cadden allowed to commit numerous fouls with barely a word spoken, the first of which was a booking itself

- Newell allowed to commit at least 7 fouls if not more, one of which was an off the ball take out of Tav, in a 5 min spell he committed 3 fouls of which 2 should have seen a card

- McGinn allowed to commit dissent at the penalty, then was booked for a lesser show of dissent

- Campbell allowed to start manhandling Hagi after he fouled Ianis & wasn't even spoken to

whilst we get Tav booked for what appeared to be his first and only foul committed
I also found the 2mins injury time first half rather short, should've been around the 5mins that he did on second half injury time.

Why would it be a second yellow for the penalty out of interest?

Porteous is clearly trying to get Alfie sent off. Probably told by Ross.
Did it in the semi also.

Basic shielding of the ball by Alf, hand out across Porteous chest.
He goes down like a ton of bricks holding his face then histrionics wacking the ground claiming he was elbowed.

He's a rat.

it’s hard to say if we are more advantaged with Porteous on or off the pitch to be honest. He had no interest in winning a game of football, which made the fouls for the penalty & 3 points even sweeter.

it’s hard to say if we are more advantaged with Porteous on or off the pitch to be honest. He had no interest in winning a game of football, which made the fouls for the penalty & 3 points even sweeter.
Porteous done ok last night which was surprising

I’d honestly celebrate him getting hurt badly as if we’d won a cup tbh. He’s a complete rat that’s only interested in hurting players, karma if it’s him on the end of a sore one

Why would it be a second yellow for the penalty out of interest?
Can you get a 2nd yellow for denying a goal scoring opportunity?. I know you can't get a red if you make a genuine attempt for the ball but no idea rules for a 2nd yellow leading to a red.

Pretty sure you could add Doyle-Hayes to that list, think he was booked but had a couple more dodgy challenges too. And Nisbet has this trick of just shoving our players after the ball has run away from him or our player has shielded it out of play. It's not a challenge, it's obviously just an attempt to unsettle our players but refs shouldn't just watch it happen. Think he did it more than once last night.

Can you get a 2nd yellow for denying a goal scoring opportunity?. I know you can't get a red if you make a genuine attempt for the ball but no idea rules for a 2nd yellow leading to a red.
You can yes.

However that’s nowhere near an obvious goal scoring opportunity ffs. He’s almost on the edge of the box with about 5 players in between.

Cant stand the guy but this thread is a bit embarrasing ! Dont think he done too much wrong last night I think Porteous is begining to get into peoples heads.
Dived 3 times in first 21 minutes

Went absolutely raging at officials for not giving him free kicks for blatant dives

Gave away a pen

Aside from that he was brilliant, I wonder what fee from Hibs?

Porteous done ok last night which was surprising

I’d honestly celebrate him getting hurt badly as if we’d won a cup tbh. He’s a complete rat that’s only interested in hurting players, karma if it’s him on the end of a sore one
Because the Cnut routinely goes out to do people, I would dearly love him to get a taste of his own medicine and get an injury that keeps him out for a lengthy period of time. He’s a scumbag

I was surprised that Beaton only gave Porteus a bollocking for simulation, should have been a yellow. McGinn should have had a yellow card for the way he approached Beaton over the penalty.
Therefore should have been sent off. He really looks like the banjo player from Deliverance

Na, there was contact so he was more guilty of exaggeration than simulation. Ref got it right, seemed to more or less stop after the bollocking, besides, we wouldn't have got to see his pain and if he was happy or not if he went off.
Exaggeration is simulation, he is trying to deceive the ref.

Porteous is clearly trying to get Alfie sent off. Probably told by Ross.
Did it in the semi also.

Basic shielding of the ball by Alf, hand out across Porteous chest.
He goes down like a ton of bricks holding his face then histrionics wacking the ground claiming he was elbowed.

He's a rat.
Gordon smith pointed that out on rtv commentary

Dived 3 times in first 21 minutes

Went absolutely raging at officials for not giving him free kicks for blatant dives

Gave away a pen

Aside from that he was brilliant, I wonder what fee from Hibs?
It was annoying trivial stuff, to suggest he should have been red carded is tim level paranoia !

Some serious straw clutching here.

It's even weaker than the argument that often gets spun that a player should be off because he was booked & should have been booked for an earlier challenge. Conveniently forgetting that players are far less likely to do the 2nd offence when on a booking

You happy about him holding his head or face after being hit somewhere less drama inducing?

Back