Should Rangers/Club 1872 put out a short statement...

Discombob

... wishing Hearts and Thistle success in getting their case to proceed with open proceedings, as indirectly achieving Rangers' initial objective of holding an independent and open enquiry into this mess?

(Just to remind everyone - again - that we offered them a way out of the financial risk and upheaval which may result if Hearts/Thistle are successful, at no cost to themselves, and they didn't take it.)

200w.webp

I fucking hate our desire for a statement on everything.

It’s one of my real pet hates post 2012.

Before that, how many statements have you seen or read?

Yes, doubly so when every 'good statement' that 'doesn't miss' is invariably swatted away before we're royally shafted in some way or another.

It would serve no purpose whatsoever other than to make ourselves look petty.

This current chapter is not our fight, we can sit back and see how it unravels. The usual media gun turrets which are normally pointed in our direction are currently pointing at Hearts and Partick for daring to stand up for themselves.

I think people are also delusional on the reach of our statements.

Most will not even be read by fans outside of our own. Even then, I suspect a lot of normal fans don’t even bother reading the statements.

Save the statement until the end of the process. If the SPFL lose this, we can clearly say that it could've all been avoided with much less cost to the game in Scotland

We can legitimately say that we had the interests of Scottish football at heart more than the SPFL

If I wanted them to release a statement at all on this it'd be along the lines of acknowledging the smoking gun that was dismissed as a water pistol turned out in actual fact to be a smoking gun.

But maybe now that legal proceedings have been initiated its best just to say nothing until that's over with.

Everyone knows what we said, chickens will hopefully go home to roost themselves. No further dialog at this time.

Nope. Fūck them all.

My only interest now is wiping the floor with as many of these bastards on the pitch as possible next season. Had enough of the politics. There's no appetite to change things here beyond a couple of clubs trying to save their own skins. Everyone else is happy to survive on the scraps that Pig-eyed Pete's henchman throw them now and again. We gave them an opportunity to get on board with suing for change. It was turned down.

We should now focus on Rangers and Rangers only.

Hmmm. So, no clear consensus in the Bear Pit on this suggestion? :p

Just infuriates me that the likes of Jackson can paint this as being an issue isolated to, and instigated by, Hearts and Thistle being relegated. The focus is being allowed to be shifted to this singular issue, which doesn't nearly encapsulate all that is wrong in the governance of football in Scotland.

The more the SPFL say the more they dig the hole it appears. Hopefully legally that’s proven. Sometimes less is more. Any kind of statement now would be used by the paranoia brigade to “prove” some “nefarious plot”.

Hearts and Thistle have their own ammo, our dossier adds significantly to it. Time to see how it plays out.

To be fair it's been a good 4 or 5 weeks now since the last statement. There'll be folk on here screaming their made-up ones at mirrors by now.

I don't get the desperation for us to be directly involved in this. We've done our part up to now.

I get that things are a bit quiet in terms of news from the club but if anything that's probably a positive.

We are in the relegation position in the statement league after a good start, can't see us winning the league now.

I fucking hate our desire for a statement on everything.

It’s one of my real pet hates post 2012.

Before that, how many statements have you seen or read?
Exactly, would much rather having the action than the words. That old saying that actions speak lou. . . . . . . . .

Let the courts get on and deal with it. It's for Hearts, and Partick Thistle to sort out this part of the battle.

Just leave things as they are at present the press are at a loss here about how they can drag us into it and put the blame/focus on us.

Only statements we should be doing from now on is calling out the ridiculous referee decisions that inevitably will happen anything else we have to look away as nobody is on our side absolutely nobody.

What is it with folk wanting the club to release constant statements ?

No. We’ve done our bit. Let the others fire their bullets now.
That's exactly what the mentally challengeds did.

I still hope at the end of it there are criminal proceedings. I just want to believe that there is still some semblance of justice in this country. It just gets harder to believe in it every day.

Back