Should Rangers make a play for lawrence shankland

Speak to a guy who has a DU season ticket, although he scores a lot of goals he does not rate him that high and thinks he is at his level.

Think he’s on a 3 year deal at Dundee Utd, so 2 and a half years left. They’d want decent money for him. I’d wait and see how he does in the top flight next season. He’s a massive Bear and would never sign for the scum. He’s not from the same mould as Scott Allan or Lewis Morgan either so I’m confident in saying he’d never go there.

I think we should have took a chance before he went to that mob low risk bit Alfredo and Defo are on a diffrent level not sure he even get on our bench at mo.

Don't think he would fit in with the style of play the gaffer is looking for at the moment. It would be a no for me

Why do we always have these threads. He aint good enough and Utd are one club i,d give nothing to financially.

If it was around a million, it may well be worth a shot. He will score goals in our league with Dundee United, with better players around him he could be an ideal second/third choice to Morelos' replacement and Defoe. I'm not sure how difficult Dundee United will be in dealing with us though, they are owned by an American now so their board may not be as bitter as the ones who tried to destroy us.

Baffling the amount of hate Shankland gets on these threads. Yes we should sign him and yes he could score 25-30 goals a season for us.
Where has anyone shown "hate" towards him? He's a great wee striker for the level and no doubt could do the business for a bigger and better team than who hes at but hes simply not good enough for the Rangers of 2020.

For Shankland refer to Nicky Clarke. Absolutely smashed it in the lower leagues and struggled with us even though he got more service. Found his level now.

The usual Nicky Clark reply. Nicky scored goals in league one and league two.

Lawrence Shankland had absolutely nailed it in the championship and has scored against premier League opposition.

Whilst it may be unpopular on here. I think he would be decent back up. We only really have two strikers and the youngsters appear miles off just now.

Have to say I didn't want to sign him previously but I now think we should make the move.

I don't get the folk saying that he's at his level.. he's clearly not since he's been utterly destroying it for 18months.

agree with this, if could get for a reasonable fee I’d have in the squad as another option for when Alfredo is out or rested. Hard getting a striker that would be happy being a backup/ not playing most weeks

He will be in our league next season and we will be able to judge if we have let him slip through the net.

I would certainly take him but only as back up to our current forwards. Only downside would be that the money we would have to pay for him would be too much for a back up striker. Would much rather we gave a chance to some of the youth team. Nathan Young-Coombes for example?

I don’t see any harm in getting him to be 3rd choice striker, low wages and clearly. has an eye for goal.

Only difficultly will be Dundee Utd playing hardball when it comes to a fee.

25 for 25 is a great scoring rate even doing that in the SPL would be a good rate, look at some of the fuds msm have us linked with.

He will be in our league next season and we will be able to judge if we have let him slip through the net.
[/QUOTE]
I hope he's not in our league next year. If he is, it'll be with Celtic. I'd prefer to see him in the English Championship or maybe premier league. Can't see him staying where he is.

For Shankland refer to Nicky Clarke. Absolutely smashed it in the lower leagues and struggled with us even though he got more service. Found his level now.

This is how I see it.

Would take him on a free if he was out of contract but wouldn't risk an actual fee.

That's both Hibs and Hearts he's now scored against this season. As long as Defoe is here there's no point but for 200-400k if Defoe leaves i can think of worse punts for a back up striker

That's both Hibs and Hearts he's now scored against this season. As long as Defoe is here there's no point but for 200-400k if Defoe leaves i can think of worse punts for a back up striker
He would be at least £1m, probably more like £2m. They have money and wouldn't want to sell to us.

Back