Should Rangers refuse to speak to Sky Sports any longer

Stop talking to sky

• Yes

Votes: 323 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 226 41.2%

• Total voters
I have no idea how many viewers our games get, but it's probably safe to say the majority are Rangers fans - and a pretty significant portion of them are in a boozer with no commentary. My point is simply that I have seen Gerrard comments post match on multiple outlets repeated, and listened to them on radio - what he said was then discussed at length. Seen zilch about Andy Walker other than on here - he has zero influence on anyone with a neutral mindset and half a brain cell. Anyone watching sky sports news for example will see Gerrard speak or quotes from him, the tabloids already have Gerrard quotes condemning the referee.

I also have zero expectation to hear Andy Walker's comments; I do have expectations though to hear Gerrard - your arguing to give that up because of a commentator and some pundits. I genuinely wonder who you feel they are influencing?
It's not about influence.
We have a broadcaster who refuses to be impartial.
No matter who hears their comments, where they hear them or how many brain cells they have, we are still putting our staff out to talk to people who cannot hide their disdain for Rangers.

You watched on RTV and heard the managers thoughts on the game.
If we have that outlet then we simply shouldn't be dancing to SKYs tune.

You can't comment on our games or club with a degree of honesty? Then you are treated with the same contempt in which we are held.

Who knows? We may even get more fans subscribe to RTV if we keep interviews in house.

It's not about influence.
We have a broadcaster who refuses to be impartial.
No matter who hears their comments, where they hear them or how many brain cells they have, we are still putting our staff out to talk to people who cannot hide their disdain for Rangers.

You watched on RTV and heard the managers thoughts on the game.
If we have that outlet then we simply shouldn't be dancing to SKYs tune.

You can't comment on our games or club with a degree of honesty? Then you are treated with the same contempt in which we are held.

Who knows? We may even get more fans subscribe to RTV if we keep interviews in house.
Yes but I heard Gerrard's post match comments to sky even though I watched on RTV.

Gerrard for me is probably the most marketable asset the club has had since Souness (or maybe Gascoigne) . He has massive influence and is huge for the brand of the club - the club shared a Kia promo the other day where he is at the training ground and he is linked to umpteen massive brands. There is no benefit to a dignified silence from him or the club - doesn't matter how impartial sky is, Gerrard gets his point across and that's the only bit that sticks.

Out of curiosity I searched Andy Walker on twitter and all it comes up is gers fans moaning about him and setting up petitions to get him removed. Put in Gerrard and it's night and day - people sharing gifs, videos of post match interviews and goals.

“Best” one was when the boy got booked for fouling Alfie “he should have smelt that challenge coming”, yes Morelos fault all round I’d say....

We have to do something. Our club is vilified constantly from Walker, Sutton etc. The agenda is there for all to see. It's also round about now that those 'little' decisions start going against us?

We should continue to talk to them but in the meantime someone at RTV should be going through all our games and create a compilation of incidents where sky have reported us differently.

Everything from commentary on pens, free kicks, player and fan behaviour. The number of replays on incidents that are in favour of Rangers compared to those that are against us. Play them side by side, one after the other and highlight the difference of walker, Crocker and the production team when it comes to Rangers compared to everyone else.

Robertson should then present this to the management team at sky and convince them that we are treated differently and that the Rangers fan base deserve parity.

After that the same should be done for BT and BBC and most importantly the SFA.

Walker and Crocker are insufferable. It makes me cry that they have exclusive rights until 2059.

Cunts think they are untouchable, and without any rival product, they are free to spout whatever drivel.

Yes but I heard Gerrard's post match comments to sky even though I watched on RTV.

Gerrard for me is probably the most marketable asset the club has had since Souness (or maybe Gascoigne) . He has massive influence and is huge for the brand of the club - the club shared a Kia promo the other day where he is at the training ground and he is linked to umpteen massive brands. There is no benefit to a dignified silence from him or the club - doesn't matter how impartial sky is, Gerrard gets his point across and that's the only bit that sticks.

Out of curiosity I searched Andy Walker on twitter and all it comes up is gers fans moaning about him and setting up petitions to get him removed. Put in Gerrard and it's night and day - people sharing gifs, videos of post match interviews and goals.
Let's take it away from sky and look to their counterparts at Pacific Quay.

Are we still going to argue that a broadcaster has no influence when compared with our manager?

I'll bet nobody outside Scotland knows the 3 scrotes on sportscene but they're still able to set a narrative that sees our players suspended.

It's no accident that every touch from Alfie is met with the crowd booing, every foul on him cheered like a goal and every foul by him met with frothing at the mouth hysteria.

Fans launching things and racially abusing him is clearly a result of the onslaught driven by the likes of sky.

Let's take it away from sky and look to their counterparts at Pacific Quay.

Are we still going to argue that a broadcaster has no influence when compared with our manager?

I'll bet nobody outside Scotland knows the 3 scrotes on sportscene but they're still able to set a narrative that sees our players suspended.

It's no accident that every touch from Alfie is met with the crowd booing, every foul on him cheered like a goal and every foul by him met with frothing at the mouth hysteria.

Fans launching things and racially abusing him is clearly a result of the onslaught driven by the likes of sky.
The bbc boycott us though, not vice versa; and trial by sports scene would still happen regardless, the only difference is that nobody gets to hear Gerrard when watching the show. Gerrard whose opinion would be taken much more seriously than the 3 scrotes you refer to. Their unadultared pish would look even more foolish on the back of a clip of Gerrard speaking post match.

Sky has a lot of faults but the only people to blame for the abuse towards Morelos is the people doing it; and they do it as he is our biggest threat who has a history of reacting. On topic though, even if that were true - how is Gerrard not publically speaking post match even remotely helpful to that situation.

The only reason I wouldn't say Andy wanker is my most despised pundit in the world is Sutton. Neither should be anywhere near Rangers games.

The bbc boycott us though, not vice versa; and trial by sports scene would still happen regardless, the only difference is that nobody gets to hear Gerrard when watching the show. Gerrard whose opinion would be taken much more seriously than the 3 scrotes you refer to. Their unadultared pish would look even more foolish on the back of a clip of Gerrard speaking post match.

Sky has a lot of faults but the only people to blame for the abuse towards Morelos is the people doing it; and they do it as he is our biggest threat who has a history of reacting. On topic though, even if that were true - how is Gerrard not publically speaking post match even remotely helpful to that situation.
He can speak post match, I've already said as such.
We have RTV as a platform for Rangers content, we simply shouldn't be cooperating with those who are openly biased against us.

He can speak post match, I've already said as such.
We have RTV as a platform for Rangers content, we simply shouldn't be cooperating with those who are openly biased against us.
RTV available to only rangers fans, so solving zero of the issues you think sky / BBC are causing.

Also i repeat as per my original post, contactually obliged to; and I would imagine that is enforced with financial penalties. Basically complaining about biased coverage and then turning down your right to reply.

RTV available to only rangers fans, so solving zero of the issues you think sky / BBC are causing.

Also i repeat as per my original post, contactually obliged to; and I would imagine that is enforced with financial penalties. Basically complaining about biased coverage and then turning down your right to reply.
RTV is available to anyone, you only have to join twitter to know how many tarrriers are watching it.

I'd like to know exactly what the obligations are. If the manager must speak then that's that but if we simply have to provide comment I'd give them as little as possible.

I must add though that I suggest this as a temporary solution.
I don't want mentally challenged arse kissing from them, just honest, impartial reporting.

They get their house in order and we resume a normal relationship.

RTV is available to anyone, you only have to join twitter to know how many tarrriers are watching it.

I'd like to know exactly what the obligations are. If the manager must speak then that's that but if we simply have to provide comment I'd give them as little as possible.

I must add though that I suggest this as a temporary solution.
I don't want mentally challenged arse kissing from them, just honest, impartial reporting.

They get their house in order and we resume a normal relationship.
They subscribe to it as they are obsessed. No neutral is subscribing to Rangers TV, a huge proportion of our fans don't even subscribe to it (even though it is fantastic value for money).

We have no say in the relationship, Sky would show the games regardless and probably save cash in the process by withholding cash from us - cash which we need. The only way to hurt Sky is for us not to subscribe to their terrible service, and that should apply to all clubs up here as their coverage is terrible.

They subscribe to it as they are obsessed. No neutral is subscribing to Rangers TV, a huge proportion of our fans don't even subscribe to it (even though it is fantastic value for money).

We have no say in the relationship, Sky would show the games regardless and probably save cash in the process by withholding cash from us - cash which we need. The only way to hurt Sky is for us not to subscribe to their terrible service, and that should apply to all clubs up here as their coverage is terrible.
That's why I've said that if it's a contractual obligation we must meet it.
Rangers taking a financial hit isn't an option.

If it's an option, we give the bare minimum until they can cover our games without bias.

Like I've said, I don't want fawning over us like the filth, just an honest appraisal of the game we are watching.

Just wait until 29th...............and try and work out if it's Sky Sports or Celtic TV you are enduring.

Back