Should Rangers refuse to speak to Sky Sports any longer

Stop talking to sky

• Yes

Votes: 323 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 226 41.2%

• Total voters
I don’t think the club should or would ban sky from Ibrox but I do think they should make it clear Walker won’t be allowed In the stadium due to his continual bias against certain players and looking in the other direction when Rangers are wronged.

I'd say yes, refuse to talk to anyone and just release via RTV.
If there's a contractual issue the argument should be that both sky and bt do not represent Rangers in the same way as the other clubs, I'd cite xenophobia against Morelos by the presenters and several pundits as well.
To which the result would be any TV money due being withheld.

The club shouldn't be talking to any media outlet other than the club. We should only be using the club media.

If we are obliged to do so, you just answer no comment to every question put forward then leave. There's no rules on having to give them lengthy answers.

Here as
That would just turn into 'Rangers refuse to condemn referee' or 'Gerrard makes no defence for Morelos'.

I would much rather Gerrard blatantly pointed it out without getting brought up on charges. Criticise the decision with out laying into the referee, Gerrard is global - when he speaks people watch what he says.
[/QUOT

Gerrard doesn' t have an issue with the sending off though.

Gerrard doesn't have an issue with the sending off though.

Morelos was sent off for the 'get it right up you' gesture. Not the 'you are not singing any more' ones.

I am not saying it is correct , but it does give them more of a case.
Yes indeed. I love our Centre forward like every bear but yet again stupidity leaves us a man short. Result takes the heat off but it could have cost us.

The club shouldn't be talking to any media outlet other than the club. We should only be using the club media.

If we are obliged to do so, you just answer no comment to every question put forward then leave. There's no rules on having to give them lengthy answers.

Maybe the manager wants to talk at press conferences before and after games.

Possibly getting across a positive image for the club, which always helps with getting and keeping sponsors etc.

Reactions: GF7
Here as

Gerrard doesn't have an issue with the sending off though.
That's not quite what he said. He acknowledged it was a bookable offence but said Robertson couldnt wait to send someone off - and that he had thought that as soon as Jack was booked prior to 2nd half kicking off

Maybe the manager wants to talk at press conferences before and after games.

Possibly getting across a positive image for the club, which always helps with getting and keeping sponsors etc.

The manager can talk to the club and they can promote it then.

Talking to Andy Walker and Chris Sutton isn't going to bring a positive image to the club.

The manager can talk to the club and they can promote it then.

Talking to Andy Walker and Chris Sutton isn't going to bring a positive image to the club.
Then nobody sees it bar us. (and the obsessed who sign up to RTV). That is just an echo chamber preaching to the converted.

Then nobody sees it bar us. (and the obsessed who sign up to RTV). That is just an echo chamber preaching to the converted.

We're the only people to want to see it anyway.

Regarding an echo chamber, if BT and Sky Sports aren't the biggest echo chamber in Scottish football then what are they?

Regarding an echo chamber, if BT and Sky Sports aren't the biggest echo chamber in Scottish football then what are they?

I think you missed my original point, maybe he wants to do it. If that is the case do you think the board should tell him that he can't.

We aren't the only people who want to see it. Gerrard's personal following is huge.

BT and Sky are platforms that show the game UK wide, as in people outwith Glasgow and Scotland - specifically the opposite of what you are saying they are.

I'd say pretty much every time the manager speaks.
thats not going to do anything as it just comes across as sour grapes win or lose. we need to pull a meeting with these companies and highlight it to their bosses and show them with video and audio evidence. just one example, when bitter lennon paraded out of the dugout and done the get it up ye to our fans while laughing and going off his silly head. what punishment did he receive for that? this is what has to happen. and as a manager he should be setting an example to his players.

I think you missed my original point, maybe he wants to do it. If that is the case do you think the board should tell him that he can't.

I do yes. The club shouldn't be talking to any media outlet until we're treated fairly. I've held this opinion for as long as I can remember.

Just rewatch the game and listen to Walker, it was absolutely shocking. That needs addressed. The only way to address that is withdrawing all cooperation imo.

We aren't the only people who want to see it. Gerrard's personal following is huge.

BT and Sky are platforms that show the game UK wide, as in people outwith Glasgow and Scotland - specifically the opposite of what you are saying they are.

Gerrard's personal following is huge, his instagram can easily link an official Rangers source.

That would just turn into 'Rangers refuse to condemn referee' or 'Gerrard makes no defence for Morelos'.

I would much rather Gerrard blatantly pointed it out without getting brought up on charges. Criticise the decision with out laying into the referee, Gerrard is global - when he speaks people watch what he says.
This isn't about the referee mate, it's about Sky and their horribly biased punditry, their selective use of replays and the refusal to accept there is something very wrong with their coverage of Scottish football.

I voted No however

it isn’t impossible for Stewart Robertson to speak with the head of Sky Sports to request some change and I am sure it would be worth his while

This isn't about the referee mate, it's about Sky and their horribly biased punditry, their selective use of replays and the refusal to accept there is something very wrong with their coverage of Scottish football.
All the more reason for Gerrard to speak post match then.

So we have to talk to the TV station as we are contracted ....

Why not just say “I’m not commenting on any decision until you make fair comments on ALL of them. Next question please”

I don't agree.
If they can't commentate or report on us fairly, why should they get access to our manager?
As they can then say what they wish with not retort. I have never seen a replay of something boyd or commons has said, I do regularly see replays or quotes \ transcripts of what managers say post match. I watched RTV today, not sky. Couldn't tell you a thing said by Andy Walker other than what I read on here, I have heard Gerrard post match though.

The most coverage things Andy Walker has said is on here.

As they can then say what they wish with not retort. I have never seen a replay of something boyd or commons has said, I do regularly see replays or quotes \ transcripts of what managers say post match. I watched RTV today, not sky. Couldn't tell you a thing said by Andy Walker other than what I read on here, I have heard Gerrard post match though.

The most coverage things Andy Walker has said is on here.
How many people watch the game?
How many watch long enough to hear the managers comments afterwards?

Whatever they are saying during the match is clearly to a bigger audience.

It's crazy to even pretend Andy Walker gets more coverage on here than he does in an actual live broadcast of a Rangers game.

I don't know why you would expect to hear his comments during the game when you've told us you watched on RTV.

Crocker gave it this is what he’ll be remembered for. Total lady's front bottom!

Maybe it's a contractual obligation. Both Sky and BT pay a lot of money to cover football, they will expect more than just coverage of the game.
No doubt, but when there is consistently blatant bias against us from the same people surely the club should raise this with the broadcaster concerned?

I happily pay for a VPN and RTV rather than give Sky money when they have roasters like Walker commenting on our matches.

No doubt, but when there is consistently blatant bias against us from the same people surely the club should raise this with the broadcaster concerned?

You could ask them to do so, through the Supporters Liaison Officer.

I actually despise their commentary. Crocker is willing for morelos to get sent off. Walker too.

There was a tackle on morelos from Liam Donnelly I think it was. The boy had a kick out at him.to try and catch him high up on the leg.

After several replays where you could blatantly see it they didny even mention it.

thats not going to do anything as it just comes across as sour grapes win or lose. we need to pull a meeting with these companies and highlight it to their bosses and show them with video and audio evidence. just one example, when bitter lennon paraded out of the dugout and done the get it up ye to our fans while laughing and going off his silly head. what punishment did he receive for that? this is what has to happen. and as a manager he should be setting an example to his players.
Lennon getting away with it is not the fault of the TV companies.

We can be angry about inconsistent application of the rules by the refs, and rightly so, but ffs pick the right targets.

This forum would boycott as many companies as the Scottish nationalists if allowed.

Lennon getting away with it is not the fault of the TV companies.

We can be angry about inconsistent application of the rules by the refs, and rightly so, but ffs pick the right targets.

This forum would boycott as many companies as the Scottish nationalists if allowed.
aye but do you not understand one of the many points here mate? how many times did they discuss and repeat ANY OF lennons antics? answer- ZERO.

aye but do you not understand one of the many points here mate? how many times did they discuss and repeat ANY OF lennons antics? answer- ZERO.
I understand JUST FINE and my caps lock works too.

Its still irrelevant to Alfie getting sent off due to a referee again picking and choosing which rules he wants to apply. That's the actual issue here. If every player hwo did the GIRUY was booked for it, I wouldn't care. The fact that the same Motherwell players could foul constantly without any punishment beyond a yellow while Alfie got his first for being Alfie, and a second that is technically correct but not applied.

I understand JUST FINE and my caps lock works too.

Its still irrelevant to Alfie getting sent off due to a referee again picking and choosing which rules he wants to apply. That's the actual issue here. If every player hwo did the GIRUY was booked for it, I wouldn't care. The fact that the same Motherwell players could foul constantly without any punishment beyond a yellow while Alfie got his first for being Alfie, and a second that is technically correct but not applied.
i wernt having a go at you mate. and please dont get the hump about the caps lock thing im not shouting at you. im simply putting in bold a major point. were all on the same side here yeah? im raging about this and im f-ucking sick of us having the blatant piss taken out of us virtually every week. and its obvious as its showing with what im writing.

Last edited:
i wernt having a go at you mate. and please dont get the hump about the caps lock thing im not shouting at you. im simply putting in bold a major point. were all on the same side here yeah? im raging about this and im f-ucking sick of us having the blatant piss taking out of us virtually every week. and its obvious as its showing with what im writing.
No bother mate.

Much like a political disagreement, ultimately we all want the same thing - in this case a fair representation of our club and players, with impartiality shown by both officials and media - but have differing opinions of how to get there

No bother mate.

Much like a political disagreement, ultimately we all want the same thing - in this case a fair representation of our club and players, with impartiality shown by both officials and media - but have differing opinions of how to get there
yeah mate of course. ive simply had enough and its getting worse and i feel were in a way being taken over. this shit league we play in is nothing without us.

How many people watch the game?
How many watch long enough to hear the managers comments afterwards?

Whatever they are saying during the match is clearly to a bigger audience.

It's crazy to even pretend Andy Walker gets more coverage on here than he does in an actual live broadcast of a Rangers game.

I don't know why you would expect to hear his comments during the game when you've told us you watched on RTV.
I have no idea how many viewers our games get, but it's probably safe to say the majority are Rangers fans - and a pretty significant portion of them are in a boozer with no commentary. My point is simply that I have seen Gerrard comments post match on multiple outlets repeated, and listened to them on radio - what he said was then discussed at length. Seen zilch about Andy Walker other than on here - he has zero influence on anyone with a neutral mindset and half a brain cell. Anyone watching sky sports news for example will see Gerrard speak or quotes from him, the tabloids already have Gerrard quotes condemning the referee.

I also have zero expectation to hear Andy Walker's comments; I do have expectations though to hear Gerrard - your arguing to give that up because of a commentator and some pundits. I genuinely wonder who you feel they are influencing?

Back