Should Tav have had a go?

kruger

In the first half when their keeper ran out and booted ball away up the park straight to Tav, leaving a gapping goal. Should Tav have tried a cheeky long lon into the open goal?

i say he should have had a pop, don't win if you don't buy a ticket.

Definitely. I was screaming at him to shoot. Even if he miss hit it I think the fans would have understood he was rushing it.

I'm guessing I was the only one in the ground screaming don't shoot. He made the right decision in my opinion.

Should have had a dig.

However if we lost yesterday this thread would have been about how cocky Tav is and needlessly wasted it. :D

I was expecting him to hit it first time, maybe lacking a bit of confidence, first season he arrived he was scoring from all over the park

Maybe he thought about it and decided that he'd rather not get berated from certain balloons in the stands if it went wildly wrong.

He had another good game though.

I thought he done the right thing at the time.

Some good points though about getting dogs fron the crowd. Spending a few years in the lower leagues where we had more justification to moan about mistakes given the opposition has carried into the top flight.

Unhealthy to get on players backs for every little thing!

I thought he done the right thing at the time.

Some good points though about getting dogs fron the crowd. Spending a few years in the lower leagues where we had more justification to moan about mistakes given the opposition has carried into the top flight.

Unhealthy to get on players backs for every little thing!
It's been like that for as long as I can remember, no matter the division.

No.

If he'd missed, it'd have been another ridiculous thing for people to moan at him for.

Last edited:
Though he made the right choice personally but there was one a little later when he ought to have shot-inside the box.

He probably made the right choice in maintaining possession, but I don't think anyone would have criticised him had he went for it.

The ball actually slowed up as it went towards Tav so I think he did the right thing as the hang time required would have made it easy for keeper to get back. My opinion (and that of everyone sitting around in GF) but prepared for the "talking sh1t3" barrage that followfollow provides for differing opinions :confused:

I wanted him to hit it but I'm not sure he was even aware the shot was on, haven't seen it back right enough.

Thought he had a good game and the defensive side of his play has definitely improved this season.

He done the right thing the goalie would have had it covered in time. On a side note I think tav has been one of our best players this season although he still drifts away from his position a lot which he will get caught eventually. He's never in a hurry to get back

Was definitely worth a go, would have been a long shot but if he managed to get one on target landing in the net, the keeper would have been all over the place.

I think if there was anyone on the park you'd have wanted it to fall to it would've been Tav. Don't think anybody would've blamed him if he took it on.

It was worth a go but only Tav knows how he was set in the 2 second window that it was on.

The keeper was far enough out that if hit right , it would have been a certain goal , I just don't think Tav has the confidence just now to attemp something like that though so probably best just to retain the posession.

I wanted him to hit it but as a previous poster says I'm not sure if he realised it was such an open goal or maybe he was just playing it sensible

In the first half when their keeper ran out and booted ball away up the park straight to Tav, leaving a gapping goal. Should Tav have tried a cheeky long lon into the open goal?

i say he should have had a pop, don't win if you don't buy a ticket.
Totally agree,he had the best chance.

Back